An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fabulous News!

sadora

On the advice of OLAM Dad, I've decided to post my fabulous news:

I've been accepted as a postulant for the [url="http://www.ssvmusa.org"]Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara[/url] and will be entering on September 8th!! :woot:

For anyone discerning religious vocation, especially to a Marian missionary order, I would [i]highly[/i] recommend checking them out!

The [url="http://www.ssvmusa.org"]Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara[/url] are the female branch of the Religious Family of the Incarnate Word -- so, for any males interested in the male branch (The Institute of the Incarnate Word), click [url="http://www.iveamerica.org/"]HERE[/url]. Both branches share the same charism -- "evangelization of the culture" -- and both branches also take the Fourth Vow of consecration to Mary via St. Louis de Montfort's method. :love:

It's time for a happy dance! :dance:

I am sooooo excited for you! I love this order- I did volunteer work for them at their convent in Brooklyn, NY last summer. God bless you wherever country you end up serving Our Lord and others.

memory-singer

[quote name='Sadora' post='1032109' date='Jul 27 2006, 12:49 PM']
On the advice of OLAM Dad, I've decided to post my fabulous news:

I've been accepted as a postulant for the [url="http://www.ssvmusa.org"]Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara[/url] and will be entering on September 8th!! :woot:

For anyone discerning religious vocation, especially to a Marian missionary order, I would [i]highly[/i] recommend checking them out!

The [url="http://www.ssvmusa.org"]Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara[/url] are the female branch of the Religious Family of the Incarnate Word -- so, for any males interested in the male branch (The Institute of the Incarnate Word), click [url="http://www.iveamerica.org/"]HERE[/url]. Both branches share the same charism -- "evangelization of the culture" -- and both branches also take the Fourth Vow of consecration to Mary via St. Louis de Montfort's method. :love:

It's time for a happy dance! :dance:
[/quote]

A very happy dance. Congratulations!!!!! :banana:

Love and prayers,

Dare

passionheart
:clapping:

:twist: :breakdance:

An of course :cheers:

Sadora, Congratulations and how wonderful you are entering on our Blessed Mother Birthday!! Boy, Blessings will be pouring down on you dear sister on this day. :cloud9:

At one time, I was looking at this community and so could you tell us a bit more about them?

Boy I love this party!!! Edited by passionheart

HeavenlyCalling
:clapping: Thats wonderful!!! What sort of work do they do, are they missonaries?
God Bless you in your Heavenly Calling!!!!

I visited them when I was in New York in March. They were great. I really enjoyed talking with Mother Mercy, she is an amazing women. Congrats, they are a great order and I love them very much. I know I am not called there but am excited for anyone who is they are a great community. May the Lord bless you.

[quote name='msahara' post='1032120' date='Jul 27 2006, 04:05 PM']
I am sooooo excited for you! I love this order- I did volunteer work for them at their convent in Brooklyn, NY last summer. God bless you wherever country you end up serving Our Lord and others.
[/quote]

Thank you so much!! :D:

[quote name='Mercy's Child' post='1032122' date='Jul 27 2006, 04:08 PM']
A very happy dance. Congratulations!!!!! :banana:
Love and prayers,

Dare
[/quote]

Thank you for the congrats!! And I must say, I love these dancing foods!! Haha!! :banana: :taco: :banana:

[quote name='passionheart' post='1032180' date='Jul 27 2006, 05:24 PM']
:clapping:

:twist: :breakdance:

An of course :cheers:

Sadora, Congratulations and how wonderful you are entering on our Blessed Mother Birthday!! Boy, Blessings will be pouring down on you dear sister on this day. :cloud9:

At one time, I was looking at this community and so could you tell us a bit more about them?

Boy I love this party!!!
[/quote]

It's all one big dance party here!! :banana: :twist: :breakdance: :dancer2: :dancer1: :taco: :dance: :kicking: :yahoo:

The community is thoroughly Marian -- I find it difficult to express exactly what this means, but honestly, the fourth vow they take of consecration to Mary via St. Louis de Montfort's [u]True Devotion[/u] is so beautifully apparent to me. All things for God through Mary!

They are an international missionary community, serving all through the "Evangelization of the Culture" through catechesis, children's oratories, parish work, popular missions, St. Ignatius' [i]Spiritual Exercises[/i], teaching, assisting in spiritual and philosophical publications, youth ministry, pro-life work, and works of mercy. Their apostolate is quite wide, really.

They have a strong prayer life -- Litugy of the Hours, Eucharistic Adoration, daily Mass, Angelus, etc. every day.

Hmmm... I don't really know what else to say... do you have any specific questions I might be able to answer? :)

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1032190' date='Jul 27 2006, 05:41 PM']
:clapping: Thats wonderful!!! What sort of work do they do, are they missonaries?
God Bless you in your Heavenly Calling!!!!
[/quote]

Yes, they are missionaries. :) :) :) They serve through the world in various missions -- catechesis, children's oratories, parish work, popular missions, St. Ignatius' Spiritual Exercises, teaching, assisting in spiritual and philosophical publications, youth ministry, pro-life work, and works of mercy.

Thank you so much!

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1032167' date='Jul 27 2006, 05:07 PM']
:taco:
[/quote]

The dancing taco just might be my favorite dancer...haha!

:taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco:

It's almost hypnotizing...

SeekingHisPlan
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:twist:

:breakdance:

:lol grin:

:bigclap:

AWESOME, AWESOME NEWS!! Congratulations and God bless you!! Edited by SeekingHisPlan

passionheart

[quote name='Sadora' post='1032235' date='Jul 27 2006, 07:24 PM']
It's all one big dance party here!! :banana: :twist: :breakdance: :dancer2: :dancer1: :taco: :dance: :kicking: :yahoo:

The community is thoroughly Marian -- I find it difficult to express exactly what this means, but honestly, the fourth vow they take of consecration to Mary via St. Louis de Montfort's [u]True Devotion[/u] is so beautifully apparent to me. All things for God through Mary!

They are an international missionary community, serving all through the "Evangelization of the Culture" through catechesis, children's oratories, parish work, popular missions, St. Ignatius' [i]Spiritual Exercises[/i], teaching, assisting in spiritual and philosophical publications, youth ministry, pro-life work, and works of mercy. Their apostolate is quite wide, really.

They have a strong prayer life -- Litugy of the Hours, Eucharistic Adoration, daily Mass, Angelus, etc. every day.

Hmmm... I don't really know what else to say... do you have any specific questions I might be able to answer? :)
Yes, they are missionaries. :) :) :) They serve through the world in various missions -- catechesis, children's oratories, parish work, popular missions, St. Ignatius' Spiritual Exercises, teaching, assisting in spiritual and philosophical publications, youth ministry, pro-life work, and works of mercy.

Thank you so much!
The dancing taco just might be my favorite dancer...haha!

:taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco:

It's almost hypnotizing...
[/quote]

Whew!! Boy am I hot from all this dancing :D: Thanks for the information
I do believe they have a branch in Toronto but I was curious where is the cloister part of the order located? Do they have a specific mission to a certain group such as teenagers, young people...

OK break is over now back to the dancing........... :woot:

PRAISE BE TO OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: <---- not as hypnotizing as the tacos, so very tasty and good for you,

+

Praised be God as you enter to continue your discernment! I studied with some of your future sisters (I know there are many now) at the Angelicum in Rome just in 2004/5. They were always smiling and laughing, and appeared very young and very beautiful. Clothed in blue, they always reminded me of Our Lady. In fact, in their consecration, they vow to become "slaves" of Mary. In it's accurate sense -how beautiful!

Here are a couple pictures I took in Roma at the Ang of the Sisters (secretly;):

Hmmm.... Is it really not possible to include photo's unless they are online?

GOD, please bless Sadora in a special way, today, in these next few weeks as she prepares, and as she enters!

Edited by Veritas

the lords sheep

Congratulations to you! May God Bless you as you prepare to enter!

I have sooo many questions! How did you meet them? What drew you to them (anything other than the total Marian consecration)? Did you discern any where else? Do you have a particular name in mind? How did your parents take the news? Are there home/family visits? Are you planning to enter the apostolic branch or the contemplative branch?

um... Those are all I can think of right now. I've been looking at these Sisters for a while, and have wanted to visit them, but I've never met anyone who was discerning with them/ planning to enter with them.
God bless you and your discernment!