An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosary

HeavenlyCalling

Rosary  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I came to the same conclusions as did Mark Shea and for similar reasons. The way I looked at it, she was a 14 year old girl who said yes to God. I have no filial piety for her as my own mother died when I was 2. You cannot love someone you kever knew. So I love the Blessed Virgin as a simple peasant would love his Queen Mother. I don't say the Rosary very much though.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1164579' date='Jan 14 2007, 06:08 PM']
One of the Little Old Ladies in my church was quite happy with Pope John Paul II because thanks to him she had a reason to do four rosaries a day. Which she still does. Every day. And not like :sign: hailmaryfullfgracethlord... :D:
[/quote]

Good for her! I know a lot of people who think it's the "Little Old Ladies" that account for a lot of the graces in parish churches... we never seem to notice much, though :blink:

raymondgassmann

Anyone who wants to read something by a person who is totally devoted to Marian devotion, read anything by [u]St. Louis de Monfort[/u]. He explains things in quite a dramatic way.

By the way, I try to pray a rosary every day.

LL&P
Ray

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1164820' date='Jan 15 2007, 03:29 AM']
Good for her! I know a lot of people who think it's the "Little Old Ladies" that account for a lot of the graces in parish churches... we never seem to notice much, though :blink:
[/quote]

They rock, really they do. If you -truly- need something done... go to them.

When I was younger I used to be upset that I, with my 38" inseam, would never be a "little" old lady... :)

Now I've found out that my rosary seems to work very well, too, thankyouEVERs'much :)

Oh, by the way, I'm totally addicted to reflections on the mysteries... if anyone has a good link I'd be very much obliged! :)

Guest jerhomie

An awesome book about the rosary for those who struggle with understanding it, or even for those looking for a deeper understanding to it would be "Secrets of the Rosary" by St. Louis de Montfort

Read it and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

As far as marian devotion, it shouldn't take a lot of getting used to simply because marian devotion focuses our eyes on Christ again... the primary message of Mary is what she says in the Wedding at Cana to the servants "Do whatever He(Jesus) tells you."

In the heart of the Hail Mary is Jesus, literally and figuratively.

God Bless

Jerome

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1166168' date='Jan 15 2007, 05:35 PM']
Oh, by the way, I'm totally addicted to reflections on the mysteries... if anyone has a good link I'd be very much obliged! :)
[/quote]

I like Mother Teresa's reflections. They come in a blue book. I'm really into everything she has to say, and her Rosary meditations are definitely awesome.

Also it's nice to just pray it with the Bible, and open up to each corresponding passage as you are praying the decades.

The above poster suggested "The Secret of the Rosary". That's a great one :) Anything De Montfort is Rosary-savvy ^_^

The Sorrowful Mysteries are my favorite, so a crucifix, and even the book of pictures from "The Passion" are good for meditating on the Sorrowful Mysteries.

Anyway... I'm sure lots of other people have good suggestions :rolleyes: