An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosary

HeavenlyCalling

Rosary  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like a Child

I voted "yearly, if ever," but actually I hear the rosary being prayed every single day before Mass. My problem is, as a former Protestant, it's really hard for me to get into Marian devotions. The Protestant idea of Mary is so different. . .

Anyway, I'd like to feel more in my heart for Mary and I've been praying about it a lot. (This hasn't helped me participate in praying the rosary yet, though. :( )

Your Sister in Christ,
Like a Child

Eh... somewhere between once a month and once a week. Sometimes I play my JPII rosary cd in the car. Or I pray a decade. Or just a few Hail Marys. It's a great way to bring me back down to earth, or rather, center me toward heaven!

:)

I put once a day but sometimes i dont get all the way through or get caught up in this world i have been having a hard time lately i feel like i am praying in words and nothing more i cant seem to meditate on the mysteries i been going to mass every day but that is the only time i feel like i really am tring to pray

FutureIHMNJ

I pray the rosary daily but that wasnt the case a couple of years ago..I couldnt get into before...but my marian devotion has gotten so strong these past few months...

I wish I could have voted once per day, but in truth I miss it sometimes. I probably pray it now 3-4 times a week, but working my way to everyday.

I have a terrible time with the mysteries, mostly because my children are too young to understand prayer and they play around while i try to pray. Sometimes I pray when they are in bed, but I like better to pray when they are around becuase I want them to learn the value of prayer.

LOL - my rosaries are probably the most interrupted rosaries our mother receives on a weekly basis... but I'm certain she understands and hears my prayers and does the only thing she can do; bring them to our Lord.

PS: I've been praying the rosary regularly only for the last 7-8 months. Now that i'm praying the rosary I just can't describe how foolish I was to ever doubt the power of prayer, and the truth within it. I will pray the rosary till my dying day (I'm 32 years old now).

onlygrace08

I pray the rosary daily. I absolutely love it! It is such a beautiful prayer! Since I pray it at night before I go to bed, I sometimes have trouble concentrating but, I know it still is doing good. I would reccomend the book, "The Secret of the Rosary" by St. Louis de Montfort. I didn't get to read the whole book but, it did help me to strengthen the fervor of my prayer. :)

God Bless

Anna

matthew1618

[quote name='Like a Child' post='1027015' date='Jul 18 2006, 06:25 PM']
I voted "yearly, if ever," but actually I hear the rosary being prayed every single day before Mass. My problem is, as a former Protestant, it's really hard for me to get into Marian devotions. The Protestant idea of Mary is so different. . .

Anyway, I'd like to feel more in my heart for Mary and I've been praying about it a lot. (This hasn't helped me participate in praying the rosary yet, though. :( )

Your Sister in Christ,
Like a Child
[/quote]

By praying the rosary you'll gain a love for Mary. The rosary is an extremely powerful prayer and she will help you get closer to Christ.

I'll say a prayer for you. :sign:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Like a Child' post='1027015' date='Jul 18 2006, 05:25 PM'] I voted "yearly, if ever," but actually I hear the rosary being prayed every single day before Mass. My problem is, as a former Protestant, it's really hard for me to get into Marian devotions. The Protestant idea of Mary is so different. . .

Your Sister in Christ,
Like a Child [/quote]Well, I like to think about it kinda like this:

Do you love your earthly mother? Most would say yes, and dearly. Well, Mary is our spiritual mother and to show our love for her, we give her roses for every Hail Mary we pray. :) It does take time to come to know the Blessed Mother, and when you do, she will lead you even closer to her Son. ^_^

fearundercontrol

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1029690' date='Jul 23 2006, 09:43 PM']
Must have been eaten!
[/quote]

:shock:

• 2 months later...
Excelsior1027

I put once a day, though there are some days where I forget or neglect to, lol. I choose to pray the Rosary because there have been so many saints who have advised us to do so, and also because I think it's something that's a really good thing for me to do since I'm discerning a call to the priesthood. If there's anyone who can help me with that, it's my Mother. :)

[quote name='Like a Child' post='1027015' date='Jul 18 2006, 07:25 PM']

Your Sister in Christ,
Like a Child
[/quote]

Yes, I'm not the only one! :sweat: I'm a former Protestant as well and I too have some trouble with Marian devotion...though I'm perfectly fine with the Rosary, there are still other things that I hesitate with, just because of my Protestant background...as others have already said, the Rosary is the best way to grow in our devotion to the Blessed Mother, it's definitely helped me, and I continue to pray it with the intention that I won't hesitate in my devotion to Mary. I'll be praying for you the next time I pray the Rosary. :)

xTrishaxLynnx

I put once a day... though some days I don't pray the complete rosary, I say at least three Hail Marys every day.

I put twice a month. :ninja: I'd love to pray it more, but it takes me so riduculously long (45 min- an hour) when I do it by myself. Isn't only supposed to take like twenty minutes?