[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1022849' date='Jul 12 2006, 10:09 AM']
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/materdei/100_4904.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
How beautiful.. :love:

[quote]From left to right...

Sr. Mary Clare
Br. David - he is the superior for the Knights of the Holy Eucharist
Sr. Anastasia (formerly Sr. Natalia)
Unknown visiting sister - does anybody know her or recognize the order?
Sr. Lauren
A bunch of local chitlins
Some local KsC
Deacon Bill Steltemeier - CEO of EWTN and longtime friend of Mother Angelica. If you read Raymond Arroyo's book you know all about him.
Father Joseph
Some more knights but I can't recognize them.[/quote]

ROTFL, DAD you are one of a kind!!!! I laughed so hard when i read this, esp. the part of the local chitlins.....you are something else.....the funny thing is that my dad and mom would have said the same thing.

The unknown sister, kinda looks like a dominican but the habit is for sure not a dominican habit....maybe its a modified dominican habit....not sure!!!!!

I am going to SSEW on the 21st!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!

BTW, THE PICS LOOK WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jul 11 2006, 09:11 PM' post='1022157']

From left to right...

Perhaps it is a Sister from this Order??

[url="http://www.orderofmercy.org/MercedarianSisters.htm"]http://www.orderofmercy.org/MercedarianSisters.htm[/url]

Guest phatdaddy

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1022157' date='Jul 11 2006, 10:11 PM']
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/materdei/100_4922.jpg[/img]

From left to right...

Sr. Mary Clare
Br. David - he is the superior for the Knights of the Holy Eucharist
Sr. Anastasia (formerly Sr. Natalia)
Sr. Lauren :D:
A bunch of local chitlins
Some local KsC
Deacon Bill Steltemeier - CEO of EWTN and longtime friend of Mother Angelica. If you read Raymond Arroyo's book you know all about him.
Father Joseph
Some more knights but I can't recognize them.

In order to add some commentary to the pictures here are some excerpts from Sr. Lauren's July letter.
[/quote]

Michael,

Thanks for the post. How long will you be at OLAM? We are leaving on our vacation on the 22nd and will be in Steubenville till the 27th. Plan to travel down to Portsmouth to see the PCPAs there, (a Lori request) then back to Bowling Green. John enters as a Novice in the Father's of Mercy on 8/12 so he has to be there on 8/1. We will also be visiting the Nashville Dominicans (I love those guys) aorund that time and head down to OLAM Shrine. We will be OLAM Shriners untill 8/5. We are all looking forward to seeing Sr. Lauren and Him who saves.

Oh, please say a little prayer for Brother John as he begins his fantastic journey. God Bless you.
Ray

Sounds like an amazing vacation!! Looks like we will just pass eachother by too phatdaddy :pinch: Being relatively new here, who is Brother John?? Is he your son? I would be happy to say a little prayer for him :)

[quote name='phatdaddy' post='1023545' date='Jul 13 2006, 08:00 AM']
Michael,

Thanks for the post. How long will you be at OLAM? We are leaving on our vacation on the 22nd and will be in Steubenville till the 27th. Plan to travel down to Portsmouth to see the PCPAs there, (a Lori request) then back to Bowling Green. John enters as a Novice in the Father's of Mercy on 8/12 so he has to be there on 8/1. We will also be visiting the Nashville Dominicans (I love those guys) aorund that time and head down to OLAM Shrine. We will be OLAM Shriners untill 8/5. We are all looking forward to seeing Sr. Lauren and Him who saves.

Oh, please say a little prayer for Brother John as he begins his fantastic journey. God Bless you.
Ray
[/quote]

I'll be there starting today :yahoo: and coming home Monday evening.

What a great vacation you've got planned! You'll love the Shrine, I'm sure. I know Lori will too. :)

John will be in my prayers, he's an awesome young man. I'll ask Sr. Lauren to pray for him as well. I look forward to a long post with lots of pictures when you return. :)

Guest phatdaddy

[quote name='Piobaire' post='1024486' date='Jul 14 2006, 02:48 PM']
Sounds like an amazing vacation!! Looks like we will just pass eachother by too phatdaddy :pinch: Being relatively new here, who is Brother John?? Is he your son? I would be happy to say a little prayer for him :)
[/quote]

Hi Allison,

Yeah John is my boy. OK, he's not a boy anymore :ohno: He will be Brother John on the 12th of Aug. :yahoo: Please, please do pray for him. Our Priest and our to-be-priest really do need our prayers.

This will be our 5th Shrine vacation. We are indeed blessed. Praise be Jesus and our dear Mama.
Mr. Ray