An Old School Catholic Message Board

Surprise!

zunshynn

YEAH WE ARE GOING TO BE NEIGHBORS!!!!!!!!!!!! BEFORE YOU ENTER< YOU HAVE TO COME SEE US AT CASA MARIA!!!!!

CONGRADS!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I meant to tell you Allison, but I hadn't been online much beforehand... and before I knew it my trip was here! I'm sure your trip will be fruitful... whether God reveals that's where He wants you, or something else!

Thank you all... And of course I'll be praying for all of you! You all MUST visit the Shrine if you can... it truly is a special place.

P.S. please pray for my brother... he's having alot of difficulty with this, especially the idea that I won't be at his wedding and that I'm going to get fat (I don't know where he's getting that idea... but it's really bothering him)

Congrats!!!! That's wonderful news. May Our Lord bless you and keep you.
Your bro's concern about you getting bigger is a little weird. I'll certainly keep him and you in my prayers. Congrats again!

passionheart

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1020217' date='Jul 8 2006, 08:31 PM']
I'm sorry I meant to tell you Allison, but I hadn't been online much beforehand... and before I knew it my trip was here! I'm sure your trip will be fruitful... whether God reveals that's where He wants you, or something else!

Thank you all... And of course I'll be praying for all of you! You all MUST visit the Shrine if you can... it truly is a special place.

P.S. please pray for my brother... he's having alot of difficulty with this, especially the idea that I won't be at his wedding and that I'm going to get fat (I don't know where he's getting that idea... but it's really bothering him)
[/quote]

I think your brother might be thinking that the lifestyle of prayer and work won't be enough activity and so in the end you will gain weight. It is easy to think this because the primary vocation of the cloistered nun is prayer and people sometimes have picture of women (men(monks)) sitting around and praying all day!!

VeniteAdoremus

Congratulations! That's so cool :D

So, when exactly is OLAM sending some sisters over to the Old World here to start a convent? :)

~~ VA

puellapaschalis

Oh WOW congratulations! Deo gratias!!!!

VA - there are some rocking Poor Clares in Eindhoven, a friend of mine visited them on Friday and apparantly had a blast. I've never heard anyone rave so much about a grill before!

Sorry...back on topic.

HUZZAH!!!! :yahoo:

Love and prayers,

PP

brandelynmarie

[quote name='passionheart' post='1019928' date='Jul 8 2006, 11:55 AM']
:lol_grin:

Poor OLAM DAD, He is going to spend a fortune in taking pictures of all the former phatmassers that has entered OLAM.
[/quote]

Hey, OLAM dad...Maybe you could start a book of photographs of all the former phatmassers who entered religious life....Starting in Alabama of course! Just a thought...:photo: :book: :love:

:cloud9: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :woot: This is so exciting! Congratulations! And prayers here as always!

You know what just occurred to me... Sr. Lauren was the first phatmasser I've ever met!
lol

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1020569' date='Jul 9 2006, 02:19 PM']
You know what just occurred to me... Sr. Lauren was the first phatmasser I've ever met!
lol
[/quote]
Me too!

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1020688' date='Jul 9 2006, 06:50 PM']
Me too!
[/quote]

LOL!!!! She was the first nun phatmasser I met but the second one as someone i know!!!! Then my sisters 2 be will be the 3rd and 4th

This is soooo cool. Sr. Lauren mentioned your visit in her July letter but she didn't mention your entrance because I guess she didn't know yet. She is really looking forward to Katie entering because ever since Sr. Magdalena entered the cloister she has missed being able to spend time around girls her age.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Michael

I want to tell you all about my visit, but I don't even know where to start... Anything specific y'all want to know?

Yeah she wouldn't have known when she sent it probably... we didn't know until July 5th... I think one of the things thats really nice about OLAM is that there really is this vitality from all the young sisters (they were all so nice too) and yet there's a number of older and wiser nuns to learn from!

Uh Yeah.........I want to know it all haha! I have so many questions you should just start from the beginning and go from there :) Seriously, anything and everything you want to share I would love to hear. Like what did you do, what did you wear (it must have been sooooo hot), how does the whole discernment/acceptance thing work (I thought the acceptance process would take a lot longer, you must have loved it!!!) Did you eat meals with all the nuns in the refractory (not sure of spelling)??? What are Sr Lauren and the other sisters like? Did you get to see the cloister/enclosed portions? Did you get to meet any of the friars? I am so nervous and so excited that I would love to hear about you visit, help me to understand what to expect somewhat :) I am sooo happy for you! :topsy:

God Bless
Allison