An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jesuits Put Up One World Religion Monument

Budge

OMFGOSH BUDGE! The Catechism of the Council of Trent doesnt say any of those things containted in that "Creed of the Modernistic Catholic". HH Pope Benedict XVI does not teach those things and you know it. Only an heretic would recite that creed.

MissScripture

[quote name='Budge' post='1041863' date='Aug 11 2006, 09:55 PM']
You must not have read a newspaper in about 20 years.

[/quote]

Because, of course, the newspaper would NEVER misrepresent ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY in regards to religion, and most especially in regards to the Catholic Church! :wacko:

[quote]HH Pope Benedict XVI does not teach those things and you know it. Only an heretic would recite that creed.[/quote]

Yes he does.

[quote]
Nonbelievers Too Can Be Saved, Says Pope
11-30-2005
www.zenit.org/english/vis...?sid=80888
[size=5]
Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith, says Benedict XVI.[/size]

The Pope made this affirmation today at the general audience, commenting on a meditation written by St. Augustine (354-430).

On a rainy morning in Rome, the Holy Father's meditation, addressed to more than 23,000 people gathered in St. Peter's Square, concentrated on the suffering of the Jewish people in the Babylonian exile, expressed dramatically in Psalm 136(137).

The Pontiff referred to Augustine's commentary on this composition of the Jewish people, noting that this "Father of the Church introduces a surprising element of great timeliness."

Augustine "knows that also among the inhabitants of Babylon there are people who are committed to peace and the good of the community, despite the fact that they do not share the biblical faith, that they do not know the hope of the Eternal City to which we aspire," Benedict XVI stated.

"They have a spark of desire for the unknown, for the greatest, for the transcendent, for a genuine redemption," explained the Pope, quoting Augustine.

This spark

"And he says that among the persecutors, among the nonbelievers, there are people with this spark, with a kind of faith, of hope, in the measure that is possible for them in the circumstances in which they live," the Holy Father continued.

"With this faith in an unknown reality, they are really on the way to the authentic Jerusalem, to Christ," he clarified.

Continuing with his quotes from Augustine, the Pope added that "God will not allow them to perish with Babylon, having predestined them to be citizens of Jerusalem, on the condition, however, that, living in Babylon, they do not seek pride, outdated pomp and arrogance."

The Bishop of Rome concluded by inviting those present to pray to the Lord "that he will awaken in all of us this desire, this openness to God, and that those who do not know God may also be touched by his love, so that all of us journey together toward the definitive City and that the light of this City might also shine in our time and in our world."[/quote]

[url="http://www.zenit.org/english/visualizza.phtml?sid=80888"]LINK HERE[/url]

[img]http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/research/cjl/reviews/MROC.jpg[/img]

From book above...

[quote]
What we need, [size=5]however, is respect for the beliefs of others and the readiness to look for the truth in what strikes us as strange or foreign; for such truth concerns us and can correct us and lead us farther along the path[/size]….Furthermore, I need to be willing to allow my narrow understanding of truth to be broken down. I shall learn my own truth better if I understand the other person and allow myself to be moved along the road to the God who is ever greater, [size=5]certain that I never hold the whole truth about God in my own hands[/size] but am always a learner, on pilgrimage toward it, on a path that has no end (p. 110).[/quote]

He obviously sees other religions as path ways to God.

How universalist can you get.

Dont forget Benedict hired as his second hand man, URI [UNITED RELIGIONS INTIATIVE SUPPORTER] LEVADA.

[url="http://diocal.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=EasyContent&file=index&menu=122101&page_id=112"]SWINGS URI REPORT: [/url]

[img]http://diocal.org/modules/EasyContent/images/content/112-3_levada_swing.gif[/img]

Droids.

If you want to see just HOW the final Anti-Christ will seize, hold, use the remaining shells after all true believers are removed in the rapture, this is it.

Humans so conditioned to blindly follow, turn off brains, not think, just follow....

One billion pretrained, conditioned, and ready memembers of the final end times church that allies with the A/C, is based in "Mystery Babylon' wears scarlet and purple and has a golden cup in HER hand.

People fully capable of, and willingly going to, blindly, "submit with docility" to anything and everything, lemmings marching towards the pit following rapacious wolves.

And you wonder just HOW that could possibly happen?

Just read over this thread a few times, and multiply by one billion.

[quote][u]Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community[/u] with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith, says Benedict XVI. [/quote]

Just the latest Pope to utterly FLUNK Christianity 101.

If you can't get that right, you are as lost as a goose flying upside down in a snowstorm.

[quote]Joh 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am [size=4]the[/size] way, and [size=4]the[/size] truth, and [size=4]the[/size] life: [u]no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.[/u][/quote]

Note to the braindead.

Jesus did NOT say...

"I am A way....." now did he?

<_<
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren’t we saved by Grace alone and not by Faith alone? After all, it is God’s gift of grace that allows us to be forgiven and to be saved. The Faith part is more of a Human thing to do. Faith has nothing to do with God. It is the whole human works saving you debate again. We grow in faith by His Grace. ;)

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote]What we need, however, is respect for the beliefs of others and the readiness to look for the truth in what strikes us as strange or foreign; for such truth concerns us and can correct us and lead us farther along the path….Furthermore, I need to be willing to allow my narrow understanding of truth to be broken down. I shall learn my own truth better if I understand the other person and allow myself to be moved along the road to the God who is ever greater, certain that I never hold the whole truth about God in my own hands but am always a learner, on pilgrimage toward it, on a path that has no end (p. 110).[/quote]
Benedict XVI is admitting he does not know everything. If he claimed to know everything, he would be a Gnostic, not a Christian. I think that the way this book is being represented here is a little misleading. This book centers around Jewish-Christian relations, not a one-world-religious movement.
[quote name='Budge' post='1041863' date='Aug 11 2006, 10:55 PM']
{oh and dont pull that "Church teaches" PAPERWORK junk, I look at what the Catholic Church is actively teaching and doing. If millions are led to the antichrist, it doesnt matter what is official and what is not}[/i]
[/quote]
In seriousness :mellow: and charity :) , I am wondering what your intentions are here. Are you seeking to learn about our faith or to attack without understanding it? Please do not take offense at my asking. God bless!

Justified Saint

The tag-team (Euty & Budge) continue to display their intellectual dishonesty by citing books they haven't read and articles they don't understand. We could document their errors (which we continue to do), but what is the point? Both continue to display their unwilligness to listen -- if the blind lead the blind then so too the deaf follow the deaf.

I would only exhort them to heed the advice quoted above by the pope -- to break down the barriers to truth and love and to experience the freedom of Christ anew (in other words to be converted). But this of course is the complete antithesis to doctrines of hate :maddest: which are narrowly closed in upon themselves (and their preachers) in self-destruction.

• 2 years later...

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1024143' date='Jul 14 2006, 07:51 AM']On the other hand, if the intention is to point out that all these groups [who do share the same little blue planet with us] can work together for the end of war, the elimination of poverty, and some respect for other people, then I can understand the monument. They [i]did[/i] put the cross on the top. :)[/quote]

That sounds just like what the antichrist is going to do at the 6th trump.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1024797' date='Jul 14 2006, 08:30 PM'][color="blue"]Okay, so here's a thought. (Those older and wiser please chime in.)

Like Knight of Christ, I believe there is only one God.
[/color]

[color="red"]Good that you believe in one god, but do you like me believe in the One True God? Or your own made up verison?[/color]

[color="blue"]
I have not forgotten the first commandment. But assuming again that God is greater and His love more encompassing than we could ever imagine, couldn't He be the God of all religions?[/color]

[color="red"]
No, He could not and would not be "the God of all religions" there is but One God and [u]One Faith that is true[/u], all others are false. While God loves us all He is a jealous God, and if you have not forgotten the first commandment then you have blatenly thrown it out.[/color]

[color="blue"]
Let's picture it this way: God, as we know, is the source of all light and all love in the universe. Perhaps His "light" is refracted down to us through all of the religions. Our various cultures on the planet find different ways of interpreting this "light" and understanding the Divine. Each religion gets their own glimpse of God and finds their own unique way of understanding Him --and each understanding has a semblance of truth to it (some more than others, maybe). Or we could compare the world's religions to paths up a mountain. There is only one God at the top, but different religions find different ways up to that one God.[/color]

[color="red"]
Let us not picture it any other way than what The Word of God teaches and Holy Mother Church, only they have the Truth. Your flaud opinion is at best a misunderstanding of what Holy Mother Church teaches, which is that all religions that believe in a god have "elements" of truth but not THE TRUTH. There is a difference, say I have elements of a toy car do I have real a car? No, only some parts of a toy which may resemble parts of the real thing but are useless with out a real whole car, and without the real whole truth, "elements of truth" will take you no where.[/color]

[color="blue"]
I DO think there is such a thing as "strange gods." But I don't think the Divine entity celebrated in most world religions would qualify as such. As long as the religion incorporates compassion, love, humility, strong morals, reverence for life, and other positive ingredients that I am no doubt forgetting, I think chances are those religions are talking about the same God we are talking about. Perhaps practitioners of these holy religions are encountering Christ in their own worship and prayer life. Maybe they just don't know that it is He they are encountering. This seems plausible to me.[/color]

[color="red"]
Again you misunderstand, a strange god(s) is anyother god other than one true God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Again there is only one "Divine Entity" and He is God, all others are strange, fake, unreal, made up, and false. Compassion, love, humility, strong morals, reverence for life, and other positive ingredients are only elements of truth, and not The Truth. If a people do not believe in Jesus Christ as God then there is no chance in h.e. double hocky sticks they are "talking about same god we are talking about." Their god is fake, and will not save their souls.[/color]

[color="blue"]
The last thing I want to say is that even those individuals who claim to believe in no god, are oftentimes better people than practicing Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc. My sister, for instance, has devoted her entire life to helping the poorest of the poor in Africa. In fact, she is willing to lay down her life for them, and has almost had to do so on a few occassions. Although she never goes to church, never prays (as far as I know), and doesn't enjoy the benefits of a relationship with Christ, I think she might very well be a better "Christian" than I am. She is LIVING the Gospel. It seems Christ's law is written in her heart without her even knowing it. I hope that someday she will come to embrace Christ, but would I say that she's guaranteed never to find salvation outside the Church. NO!!![/color]

[color="red"]
But in the end my friend true Christians will end up better off than thouse that reject Christ. Dening the very exists of God is the greatest hate of all. I pray your dear sister will come to Christ before it is to late for her, no ones good works will get them into heaven. All people are guaranteed never to find salvation outside of Christ.[/color][/quote]

amen

[quote name='Creed of the Modernist Catholic']I believe in one God, if it is convenient,
And more gods, if it is more convenient,
Who did nothing as we evolved.

I believe in Jesus of Nazareth,
A normal human being,
He was given the "Christ Consciousness",
Became a good social activist,
And was persecuted by an all-male hierarchy.
He was crucified, died,
And spent three days wandering around before realizing
That Hell did not exist.
On the third day he was resurrected in a symbolic, spiritual sense,
And sits at the left hand of Mother Earth Gaia,
When they shall come again to condemn
White Male Heterosexuals, Capitalists and Traditionalists.

I believe in the Spirit of Vatican II,
The Syncretistic One World Religion,
The Communion of various committees,
Subcommittees and sub-subcommittees,
The forgiveness of Social sins through social action committees,
The resurrection of Communism,
And the New World Order. Amen.[/quote]

:lol:

An incredibly clever and mostly true depiction of Modernism.

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Budge' post='1019420' date='Jul 7 2006, 05:55 PM']Your above attempt to disclaim this as just an individual going off the tracks has been used before.

Thank you,glad you agree.

Remember the whole outside the church thing, they are using that to FOOL you, what they are DOING is expanding the umbrella...[so one day all these folks will be considering a part of the church.

Did you know Benedict has planned an Assisi III, this means they will AGAIN sponser false religions each praying to their own demon in seperate rooms.

I should post on that, guess I will so people know its coming,.

Sigh...what is the use of that but to confuse people.

Any kid seeing that thing is going to think...hey its cool to be a Buddhist too!

See above.[/quote]

Budge with all due respect, why are you here? If all you want to do is say how the Catholic Church is the whore of Babylon. Honestly, I've been following your posts and I have to ask you, what do you hope to accomplish by coming here to insult the Church. Listen, I have an uncle whose a Baptist Pastor who was very on fire with the Holy Spirit, but who has respect for the Catholic Church. Honestly, would Christ be okay with you going out and dissing people to their faces. Even if you believe that we are wrong, there are many verses in the bible that disprove what you are saying. I am your Brother in Christ, whether you want to admit it or not. I do not mean to sound mad, but what I am saying is that rather than pointing fingers, you should pray and find it in your heart to attempt to unite all Christians. To do what you can to unite all the Churches.

[quote]Budge with all due respect, why are you here?[/quote]

This is an old thread, dear; she was banned a while ago ^_^

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1042066' date='Aug 12 2006, 09:01 AM']Droids.

If you want to see just HOW the final Anti-Christ will seize, hold, use the remaining shells after all true believers are removed in the rapture, this is it.

Humans so conditioned to blindly follow, turn off brains, not think, just follow....

One billion pretrained, conditioned, and ready memembers of the final end times church that allies with the A/C, is based in "Mystery Babylon' wears scarlet and purple and has a golden cup in HER hand.

People fully capable of, and willingly going to, blindly, "submit with docility" to anything and everything, lemmings marching towards the pit following rapacious wolves.

And you wonder just HOW that could possibly happen?

Just read over this thread a few times, and multiply by one billion.

Just the latest Pope to utterly FLUNK Christianity 101.

If you can't get that right, you are as lost as a goose flying upside down in a snowstorm.

Note to the braindead.

Jesus did NOT say...

"I am A way....." now did he?[/quote]

How do you know that God can't save others outside of the Faith. You are not the Lord. So don''t presume to think you know how He thinks. Yes, Jesus is the ONLY WAY. Papa Benny is not denying that. But Papa Benny also says that if anyone outside the faith is saved, it is because Christ shed His blood on Calvary. It is through Christ's sacrifice. So are you going to tell me that a little boy in Africa who will never hear the word of God is condemned to Hell. No, I trust that through Christ's sacrifice and not through what ever other god or religion he follows, there is still hope for that young child's salvation. It is true that outside the church there is no salvation. But we have to be careful to take this phrase extremely literally. Yes there are no other gods besides Y-HW-H. But God can save anyone He wants. Behold, "I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I will lay down my life for the sheep. I[i] have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. These also I must lead, and they will hear my voice, and there will be one flock, one shepherd.[/i] This is why the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down on my own. I have power to lay it down, and power to take it up again. This command I have received from my Father" (John 10: 15-18) Look at the italiscized verses. Jesus who is Y-HW-H can save anyone He wants. So whats it to you if by the Precious Blood which ran on Calvary, others will be saved.

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Selah' post='1837394' date='Apr 16 2009, 02:24 PM']This is an old thread, dear; she was banned a while ago ^_^[/quote]

Thank you. I almost lost it for a sec.