An Old School Catholic Message Board

For All Those Discerning Marriage

ForHimAlone

ForHimAlone

I've just read an incredible book! It's called [u]Arms of Love[/u] by Carmen Marcoux. It's about a young 26-year-old man with a very bad sexual past, involving many promiscuous relationships. He meets a 22-year-old woman, on fire for the Catholic faith and completely in love with Jesus Christ, and begins to fall in love with her. Throughout this book, the importance of saving yourself for a future spouse and the problems with the abuse of human sexuality are very beautifully portrayed. It's a wonderful read, and I most highly recommend it to all, especially to young women discerning a call to marriage.

let_go_let_God

I've read it too, one of my girlfriends from college lent it to me. I want to see if I can get my fiancee to read it too. It is a really good book.

God bless-
LGLG

I love Arms of Love, by Carmen Marcoux. It's a great book, really touching. One of the rare ones I can't put down.

Edited by passerby

• 2 weeks later...

I love Arms of Love, by Carmen Marcoux. It's a great book, really touching. One of the rare ones I can't put down.

Also, if you check her website, it also says she's writing a sequel.

Edited by passerby

Is it a fictional story? Just curious.

Edit: Wait, the above post just answered my question. :lol:

Edited by XIX

let_go_let_God

[quote name='XIX' post='1025730' date='Jul 16 2006, 08:44 PM']
Is it a fictional story? Just curious.

[/quote]

When I was reading it, the same thought crossed my mind, but that's what good fictional stories should do.

God bless-
LGLG

I find this incredibly interesting because in my mind (heart?) lately, I've been thinking it wo0uld be cool beyond belief to convert a woman and then marry her, or something to that effect.

What could be better than playing Kinght in Shining Armor so well that you save your sweetheart's soul? Just toying with thoughts. :)

ForHimAlone

[quote name='XIX' post='1027133' date='Jul 18 2006, 10:31 PM']
I find this incredibly interesting because in my mind (heart?) lately, I've been thinking it wo0uld be cool beyond belief to convert a woman and then marry her, or something to that effect.

What could be better than playing Kinght in Shining Armor so well that you save your sweetheart's soul? Just toying with thoughts. :)
[/quote]

Through my discernment, I've found that God may be wanting me to court one of my best friends, after we receive my Spiritual Director's approval. He had a massive conversion about a year ago, and it was such a priviledge to be the one to lead him to Christ. He, kind of like Brandon in the book, had been in a bad sexual relationship in the past and now he's saving everything for his future spouse. It's really beautiful.

Edited by ForHimAlone

ForHimAlone

[quote name='XIX' post='1027350' date='Jul 19 2006, 06:12 PM']
Wow, that's incredibe. I can hardly imagine the joy that brings you! :)
[/quote]

Yes, a lot of joy. It's also incredibly humbling, too. I have to laugh- he seems to be much holier than I now. ^_^