An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Reformed Catholic church

AxFactor

KnightofChrist

[quote name='AxFactor' post='1015728' date='Jul 1 2006, 10:20 AM']
So I guess my final question is that if I do take the job, will I be aiding in leading others astray even if i don't take their views seriously. I mean I am in no way an idiot when it comes to what I beleive in my catholic faith, and if I do this which I view as a job and nothing more. Will I be aiding in leading others away?
[/quote]

Yes, you would be. The money maybe good but is it worth your soul, or the soul of others?

Norseman82

So this must be where all the frustrated far-left fringe from the '60s, '70s, and early 80's ended up.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1015690' date='Jul 1 2006, 08:22 AM']The "Old Catholic Church" is a heresy which denies the infallibility of the pope and very quickly descended into liberalism and moral relativism after the First Vatican Council.

I wouldn't want to have anything to do with these folks.
[/quote]
But do they have valid orders?

Brace yourself for this one......

Back in my High Anglican days, I had a priest who had a joint ordination (Anglican 'bishop' and Old Catholic bishop laying of hands) in order to receive valid orders. At the time, I thought it was kind of cool.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='jswranch' post='1016230' date='Jul 2 2006, 02:02 PM']
But do they have valid orders?

Brace yourself for this one......
Back in my High Anglican days, I had a priest who had a joint ordination (Anglican 'bishop' and Old Catholic bishop laying of hands) in order to receive valid orders. At the time, I thought it was kind of cool.
[/quote]
I don't know if they do. That depends on information I don't have access to. However, I would be inclined to say no, since they ordain women priests, and have therefore lost the true definition of priesthood.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

There are some splinter "Catholic" groups that have former Roman Catholic priests that were validly ordained in the Church. Probably a case-by-case basis.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='thedude' post='1016329' date='Jul 2 2006, 08:22 PM']
There are some splinter "Catholic" groups that have former Roman Catholic priests that were validly ordained in the Church. Probably a case-by-case basis.
[/quote]
Yes, but the Old Catholics have been around for about 150 years, so they would need validly ordained bishops, among other things.

Just typical "liberal religion." ("We want to go to church, but not follow any moral rules we don't want to.")

[quote]8. As with the early church, we believe that the only sins that need to be confessed to a priest are: 1. Murder 2. Adultery 3. [b]Heresy[/b].[/quote]
I found that ironic.

I wouldn't take the job - helping these people would do nothing but help promote falsehood.

Edited by Socrates

:rolleyes: oh, how cute

Sounds like kids playing house...

...only there are souls at stake.

:weep: Edited by iheartjp2

They sound more like a club than a religious institution ordained by God.
"We don't discriminate blah blah blah..." Give me a break.