An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are Protestants heretics

michaelorapronobis

Are Protestants heretics?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

thessalonian

[quote name='Jesuspaidtheprice' post='1013925' date='Jun 28 2006, 12:50 PM']
I imagine that, if examined by God, Father Son and Holy Spirit, all of us would find that we believe in something that is incorrect concerning doctrine. This incorrect belief, in whatever area of doctrine it may be, would be considered heretical.
[/quote]

"Those who worship God shall worship in spirit and IN TRUTH".
"You shall KNOW THE TRUTH and the TRUTH shall set you free".

They're in the Bible. Look em up. Now tell me, does it say "you shall know some of the truth or we shall worship in some of the truth? Don't think so. The truth, the fullness of the truth, is knowable. Truth saves.

Jesuspaidtheprice

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1013984' date='Jun 28 2006, 02:54 PM']
"Those who worship God shall worship in spirit and IN TRUTH".
"You shall KNOW THE TRUTH and the TRUTH shall set you free".

They're in the Bible. Look em up. Now tell me, does it say "you shall know some of the truth or we shall worship in some of the truth? Don't think so. The truth, the fullness of the truth, is knowable. Truth saves.
[/quote]

To know the Gospel message, and to be knowledgable of all the truth that God is and has communicated to us without fault. You are also confusing two issues - that you think the Catholic Church is without error, and I believe the verse you are fishing for is in John 13, and whether or not each man knows all truth without error. Happy hunting.

thessalonian

No, the passages do not say that God communicated the truth to us without error, though he did. They indicate that we can know the truth. Paul later tells of Christians who "know the truth". The truth is knowable, but notIn the system of every man and his bible.

Hunting for what. I am not the one who is fishing.

[quote name='Budge' post='1013749' date='Jun 28 2006, 08:10 AM']

{I know I am by all rules especially being an EX-CATHOLIC, Im not put in the seperated brethern camp}

[/quote]

Actually, that would make you an apostate.