An Old School Catholic Message Board

Title

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

We have had a lot of disscusions as to what we religious to be and even those in formation to become a Novice in the novitiate and those even to be 1st professed for religious names, but this time is different, a lot of communities have a new thing choosing a title with that name for example,

Sister Mary Catharine of Jesus O.P.
Sister Judith Miryam of the Trinity O.P.

And so forth and so on.

I'm going to ask you the golden question :scream: :rap:

What title would you like to have for your religious name and why.

I myself personally would like to have the title "of the Rosary"

Just because I have a nack of collecting rosaries, and I just got a brand new one today, I do though have to work on praying the rosary more often then I do, but I own alot of rosaries and love em. :lol:

DiscerningSoul

If and when I enter and become a nun I would like to take the title of:
Sister Mary Peter Francis of the Passion.
St Peter for my home parish.
St. Francis for my love of animals and
the holy Passion to suffer for unsaved souls.

FutureSoror

I haven't thought about it much because I feel called to an order that doesn't have titles...

and it turns out that I would end up putting a lot of thought into it! I can't narrow down a few stabs at it. Hmm... I'll go with "of the Sacred Heart" :love:

It's funny you asked this. I have been thinking about this for a while and I just came home from a great evening of exposition and adoration, a rare treat at my church. I have always had a powerful attraction to the Most Precious Blood of Jesus. I cant really explain it but tonight I felt overwhelmed by the notion of having that included in my religious name :) That said I always loved the idea of the community or mother etc discerning a name for you through prayer!

The monastery I'm considering entering uses titles. In fact a lot of the sisters are just "Sr. Mary of ------------" so you [i]have [/i]to use the title to tell them apart! I don't have any particular name or title picked out--I'll just live devoutly and be open to the Lord's guidance when the time comes. :)

In fact I really like the idea of just being Sr. Mary of Whatever (you know what I mean). I like the simplicity. (Although one of the deceased sisters was Sr. Mary Hyacinth, which is a [i]gorgeous [/i]name.)

Edited by TheresaMF

srmarymichael

This is not new.

"St. Teresa of Jesus" (Avila)

"St. Theresa of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face"

It's called a predicate.

Here's mine: "Sr. Mary Michael of Jesus and the Beloved Disciple"

memory-singer

The community I'm discerning with doesn't use titles, but if they did, I would ask for "of Our Lady of the Angels," since it was through EWTN and Mother Angelica that I discovered the Church and my vocation.

Isn't life grand? Channel surfing to Jesus.

Dare

hmm.....i think i would like mine to be Sr. _____ of the Cross/ Passion or something else along those lines

passionheart

[quote name='srmarymichael' post='1008994' date='Jun 20 2006, 09:39 AM']
This is not new.

"St. Teresa of Jesus" (Avila)

"St. Theresa of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face"

It's called a predicate.

Here's mine: "Sr. Mary Michael of Jesus and the Beloved Disciple"
[/quote]

Dear Sister, I have only seen your picture and received your emails but I think your name suits you perfectly! :cool:

Edited by passionheart

AlterDominicus

AGREED! :) Though I think SMC in Summit may be a little jealous not to have Beloved Disciple after her title, hahaha *wink* JK!

she_who_is_not

of the Most Blessed Sacrament
of the Sacred Heart
or
of the Holy Family and the Child Jesus, (my childhood devotion)
By the by,
I always liked Sr. Laurens idea for a title
Of the Precious Feet of Jesus
I guess we'll have to wait and see what she gets!

srmarymichael

[quote name='passionheart' post='1009352' date='Jun 20 2006, 07:22 PM']
Dear Sister, I have only seen your picture and received your emails but I think your name suits you perfectly! :cool:
[/quote]

Thank you!

Guess what? When we made Final Vows, they allowed us to put something inside of our rings. Mine says, "My Beloved".

Cool, huh?

They also melted my Mom's Wedding Ring and a Sister's (that had passed away) old ring to make my Final Vow ring. (my Mom offered it)

[b]God is Good![/b]