An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who is going to join consecrated life or already is part of it?

Moneybags

Since I'm new to this forum, I'm really interested in the people of this forum. I am a member of the Catholic Community Forum, but I don't think there are many if any priests as members of there. It is a great place, but the amount of members here that are discerning the consecrated life is amazing!

[b]Please comment below and let me know what you plan on doing in detail.[/b]

Let me talk about myself...

I plan on becoming a priest although I do not know if I will work for my diocese or join a religious order. I am thinking about Conception Seminary in Missouri, but I am also discerning whether to join the Institute of Christ the King or the Order of St. John Vianney.

More information on my vocation can be found at my blog under [url="http://acatholiclife.blogspot.com/2006/01/my-vocation.html"]My Vocation[/url].

Now I want to hear your stories :priest:

Edited by St. Benedict

FutureIHMNJ

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1007876' date='Jun 18 2006, 06:24 PM']
Since I'm new to this forum, I'm really interested in the people of this forum. I am a member of the Catholic Community Forum, but I don't think there are many if any priests as members of there. It is a great place, but the amount of members here that are discerning the consecrated life is amazing!

[b]Please comment below and let me know what you plan on doing in detail.[/b]

Let me talk about myself...

I plan on becoming a priest although I do not know if I will work for my diocese or join a religious order. I am thinking about Conception Seminary in Missouri, but I am also discerning whether to join the Institute of Christ the King or the Order of St. John Vianney.

More information on my vocation can be found at my blog under [url="http://acatholiclife.blogspot.com/2006/01/my-vocation.html"]My Vocation[/url].

Now I want to hear your stories :priest:
[/quote]

Hi!

Im planning on entering the Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of MAry, Immaculata,PA God willing in September of 2008..Please know of my prayers for everyone as they discern their vocation to the priesthood and religious life

Through Him
Lee

Hello and welcome!

I could go on forever but I will keep it short :D: I am certain of my vocation to the religious life and I am leaving in one month :topsy: to discern with the Sisters of Reparation in Ohio and the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration in Alabama (Mother Angelica's community - OLAM). At first I thought I couldnt be cut out for the cloistered contemplative life but it seems to be calling my name lately! I am jumping the gun slightly seeing as I havent even visted yet but God willing I hope to enter OLAM either this fall or the spring. If I am not being called to OLAM then the hunt continues but I still hope to enter by early 2007!!

ThyWillBeDone

I am seminarian, in formation for diocesan priesthood. I will be start my fourth year of college seminary this year(what we call IV College, or what most schools would call Senor Year) . It will be my third year in the seminary, I spent a year in a secular college (Dickinson College in Carlisle PA) before transfering into a college seminary. It been a blessed time, and I couldn't be happier to be a seminarian and look forward, God willing, to serving the church as a Diocesan Priest.
God Bless

This might help...

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=49664"]2006 Phatmass Entrances[/url]

Edited by OLAM Dad

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1007933' date='Jun 18 2006, 08:42 PM']
This might help...

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=49664"]2006 Phatmass Entrances[/url]
[/quote]

WOW, this forum is full of people! I don't know how I can ever meet half of the people on this forum that are planning/discerning on consecrated life.

Guest Fear_of_a_Catholic_Planet

I am at the earliest part of the discernment process. I imagine I'll be paying student loans for the next two years. Meanwhile, I'll be praying and working on getting closer to Jesus.

AlterDominicus

I plan on entering the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist in Ann Arbor, Michigan in God willing Summer of 08 unless He changes pace and I enter elsewhere, or if He wants me to go to college 1st.

I'm new here too....so I guess this can also serve as my introduction. I'm a college student with one year down and two or three more years to go (i sooooo hope i can do it two). It's been 6 years since I first heard God calling. Anyway, my tentative thoughts are that I would like to join the CFR sisters immediately after finishing school which would be either Sept 08 or Sept 09. I say tentative because I haven't even visited yet. They have so many people visiting this summer and were already short on space because they had so many people enter this year. They asked if I wouldn't mind waiting till next year (07) to visit since I'm [i]at least [/i]two years off from entering. :( So here I am waiting....

Guest phatdaddy
:welcome: St.Benedict and :welcome: TrueImage to the Phamily. You will find more encouragement here than you can shake a stick at :lol_roll:

St.Benedict, just as an idea, you might want to investigate the Fathers of Mercy. They are awesome and not just because my son will be beginning his novitiate with them this Aug, but just because they are.
Mr. Ray

Like a Child

Welcome, St. Benedict!

I'm pretty new here as well. After visiting several communities of religious sisters across the country, I have finally found the one I want to enter. For so long during my discernment I heard people say, "You will know when you've found the place God wants you to be," and I hoped and prayed that that would be true. Well, it was! I knew almost immediately when I found this place that my search had come to an end. Of course, the discernment process is a two-way street and the sisters need to decide if they feel God is calling me there. . .but my hope is that the feeling is mutual. I plan to visit the community again and to start the application process soon if they are comfortable with that.

By the way, one of the greatest priests I know is from Conception Abbey in Missouri. I will pray for you in your discernment!

In Christ,
Like a Child

[quote name='Like a Child' post='1011599' date='Jun 24 2006, 02:32 PM']
Welcome, St. Benedict!

I'm pretty new here as well. After visiting several communities of religious sisters across the country, I have finally found the one I want to enter. For so long during my discernment I heard people say, "You will know when you've found the place God wants you to be," and I hoped and prayed that that would be true. Well, it was! I knew almost immediately when I found this place that my search had come to an end. Of course, the discernment process is a two-way street and the sisters need to decide if they feel God is calling me there. . .but my hope is that the feeling is mutual. I plan to visit the community again and to start the application process soon if they are comfortable with that.

By the way, one of the greatest priests I know is from Conception Abbey in Missouri. I will pray for you in your discernment!

In Christ,
Like a Child
[/quote]

I'm going to visit Conception Abbey soon! Would you post or either PM me who you know?

• 4 weeks later...

you all are so far along in your discernment pray that i will acpect my vocation i have only been dicerning for a few months may his will be done :)

[quote name='chatbox829' post='1027043' date='Jul 18 2006, 04:28 PM']
you all are so far along in your discernment pray that i will acpect my vocation i have only been dicerning for a few months may his will be done :)
[/quote]

Discernment takes a lifetime really. We're not that far. :) And yes! May His Holy Will be done!

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1027053' date='Jul 18 2006, 06:43 PM']
Discernment takes a lifetime really. We're not that far. :)
[/quote]
AMEN! What a beautifully, terrifying statement! :blink: ^_^