An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discerning/Visiting Benedictines down under

bmb144

(from a newbie from down under :) )

Hi everyone,

I am discerning my vocation with two Benedictine orders here in Australia (Tyburn and Jamberoo Abbey), and would love to hear from others who have any some experiences with them as I am confused.

One order has invited me to stay for three days and the other eight days.
One seems only a little interested, and the other a whole lot interested, so much so I have been invited to "live in" while I am there.

I have not visited an order before and I am also a recent convert to the Catholic church so there is some "stuff I still don't get yet" and being older aka 30 :P: I seem to be in a different category; that is the impression I have. :blink:

So could anyone who has had some experience with either order and other people who have been in discernment longer than I give me some advice, I could certainly do with some advice. :)
Thank you.

In Jesus and Mary,

In His Light

:welcome:

I know the sisters at the Benedictine Abbey at Jamberoo. I used to do a retreat down there and one time I filled in for the chaplain I know Sr Hilda both as a Benedictine and before as a Sister of Mercy. She is a "straight shooter"

The Tyburn Nuns I don't know so well. I didn't say Mass for them but the other priests I lived with used to go to Riverstone regularly.

Sorry I can't comment further but based on my knowledge (which is biased) The Jamberoo Abbey seems to be "clued in" :D:

puellapaschalis

I can't help you much, but I just wanted to say HURRAH for lots of Benedictines on here :D:

Love and prayers,

PP

Welcome! I hope you have a great visit with those communities and that your heart will be open to hearing the Holy Spirit!