An Old School Catholic Message Board

received miracles

dairygirl4u2c

Have you ever had what you consider next to, or inherently objective miracle occur to you? disregarding sacraments and warm fuzzies that are objectively warm fuzzies. you know what i mean.  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Interesting thread. I have [i]personally[/i] never witnessed (that I can currently recall, anyway) a supernatural event that would be considered miraculous by these standards - although I definately believe that they happen. I have seen [i]pictures[/i] of incorrupt saints but that's about it.

dairygirl4u2c

actually.. I am the only person who said no. but i do know of people who I trust as reliable who have been healed of things they shouldn't have been. So that's a "next to" miraculours thing and I should have said yes.

The question was whether I have ever had a miracle occur to me. No, but I have seen miracles occur to others. I answered no.

dairygirl4u2c

*The question was whether I have ever had a miracle occur to me. No, but I have seen miracles occur to others. I answered no.*

good point. i suppose it depends on how you interpret the question. i like your interpretation, so i'll stick with no. funny thing is i'm the one who wrote it..
i could go into why i shouldn't be expected to know exactly what i meant, but i'll pass unless someone really wants to know..

Yes. I had my throat blessed on the feast day of St. Blaise on the frist Friday of February 2005. Or maybe is was March. The point is, I used to get really bad cotton-throat and chest coughs and all sorts of "i'm sick" kinds of stuff quite regularly.

I haven't had a hint of sickness since. I had an earache, but that wasn't throat related. I used to have the weakest throat in the world, but nowadays, my throat never gets hurt anymore. At the very least, it was an incredible "God-incidence."

I can't really say for sure, but if the things I've experienced haven't been miracles, they sure were amazing coincidences.

[quote name='morostheos' post='1004222' date='Jun 12 2006, 10:03 PM']
I can't really say for sure, but if the things I've experienced haven't been miracles, they sure were amazing coincidences.
[/quote]
Same here, for sure. One recent one, I was in the phatchat the other day, someone else pops in for a second, tells me about another catholic chat where it's usually more active, i go there for the first time, and someone who's thinking about converting comes in for the first time (after googling "catholic chat"), we talk for a little while, and I answer all his questions to his satisfaction. This was kinda early in the morning too..
Another miracle of sorts was that I managed to get 20 hours per week working during last semester. I definatly had less than 10 hours to spare to meet the goal.

thessalonian

Eight years ago my wife was entering the Church and was also taking the three boys from her previous marriage to classes. For them to join they needed their biological father's approval. He was very anti-catholic. I began praying the rosary daily for him on my way to work in September. Two days I did not pray the rosary for him, he called my wife and railed on the Catholic Church. Well the three boys were to be baptized in January so in December she had to ask if he would approve of them becoming Catholic. He rolled over with no arguement, allowing the blessing of our whole family being Catholic.

Knowing this man as we do that was definitely a miracle.

Edited by thessalonian

I don't know what you'd call them -- Godincidences, or warm fuzzies, or whatever. I tend to think of them as hugs from God. The remarkable humility of God!

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...