An Old School Catholic Message Board

Conspiracy theories, and history NOT

Desert Walker

Desert Walker

[u]Conspiracy theories, and history NOT according to school books[/u]

Why is the act of investigating or talking about those two things considered by so many in society to constitute mental insanity?

Also, why is the act of questioning the morality of Israeli and US foreign policy considered un-Christian, anti-semitic, leftist, liberal, insane, and/or paranoid?

How does an attempted devout Catholic (someone like me), get accused of something as sinful as RACISM (anti-semitism) by questioning our government's support of the government of Israel?

I have many more questions for the detractors. But this will siffice for now.

(And now I can address just about EVERYTHING in the context of a single topic without being accused of going off topic.) ;)

hierochloe

[quote name='Desert Walker' post='998565' date='Jun 6 2006, 11:39 AM']

Why is the act of investigating or talking about those two things considered by so many in society to constitute mental insanity?

Also, why is the act of questioning the morality of Israeli and US foreign policy considered un-Christian, anti-semitic, leftist, liberal, insane, and/or paranoid?

How does an attempted devout Catholic (someone like me), get accused of something as sinful as RACISM (anti-semitism) by questioning our government's support of the government of Israel?

(And now I can address just about EVERYTHING in the context of a single topic without being accused of going off topic.) ;)
[/quote]
I think the easiest answer on all counts is: because often times they do constitute mental insanity/are antisemitic/ are racist. I personally don't think you are in particular, but stereotypes do exist and everyone is a victim. :ninja:

morostheos

I thought you were fed up with the debate table. :P:

Couldn't stay away for long, could ya? ;)

Desert Walker

[quote name='morostheos' post='998599' date='Jun 6 2006, 12:12 PM']
I thought you were fed up with the debate table. :P:

Couldn't stay away for long, could ya? ;)
[/quote]

I got over my sickness. I heal quick. ;)

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='Desert Walker' post='998565' date='Jun 6 2006, 10:39 AM']

[/quote]

I'm confused now. [i]Where[/i] do the aliens fit it?

[quote name='T-Bone' post='998872' date='Jun 6 2006, 05:33 PM']
I'm confused now. [i]Where[/i] do the aliens fit it?
[/quote]
The truth is out there.

Edited by Socrates

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Conspiracies are comforting. They give us the assurance that the world is not a series of random unconnected chaotic events. Rather there is some powerful controlling force behind the apparent madness.

That is not to discredit whatever you believe, or to be taken disrespectfully. But in my encounters the majority of conspiracy theorists suffer greatly from a lack of faith in God, in humanity, and suffer in despair. They seem more concerned over the works of satan and his cohorts, than if God actually is the center of their hearts. They usually choose to blame and accuse, rather than face the responsibility of their own spiritual malnourishment. And they have a hard time trusting others, usually someone like their parents, or another close social figure let them down in some way. Once again i am not accusing you personally, this is just what i have encountered from everyone i met who would be a conspiracy theorists. I am just trying to answer you on why people assume those things. The assumption is rooted in my own experience.

SHALOM

Edited by MC IMaGiNaZUN

brandelynmarie

Speaking of aliens, I read a fun book once that said every leader in the world(as well as all the wealthy folk) were actually an alien lizard race that ate people...Now, THAT was obviously not right.... :rolleyes:

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='999210' date='Jun 6 2006, 08:27 PM']
Speaking of aliens, I read a fun book once that said every leader in the world(as well as all the wealthy folk) were actually an alien lizard race that ate people...Now, THAT was obviously not right.... :rolleyes:
[/quote]

You have stumbled upon our secret. Please report to 123 Fake St., and be re-educated, or there will be dire reprecusions.

Desert Walker

But conspiracies do not exist. Their supposed existence is the product of overactive imaginations and paranoia. We all know that. That's what the psychologists tell us. We'd better believe them because they've got letters after their names.

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='Desert Walker' post='999502' date='Jun 7 2006, 08:47 AM']
But conspiracies do not exist. Their supposed existence is the product of overactive imaginations and paranoia. We all know that. That's what the psychologists tell us. We'd better believe them because they've got letters after their names.
[/quote]

but dont listen to me. I don't have letters after my name.

:rolleyes:

I don't know if you are replying sarcastically to what i said or not. Or whether you glanced over what i said and immediately came to the conclusion that i must be some harsh ignorant follower brainwashed by pop psychology or something. I am merely saying from my own experience. And believe me i used to hang out with a lot of conspiracy theorists. I am not saying anything about you in particular desert walker, i do not know you well enough. I just know a lot of people who are trapped in despair and distrust to everything around them. They are depressed, and alienated from the world, and hatred is their last fuel for anything. But this says nothing about the conspiracies themselves.

[b]BUT LOOK DESERT WALKER. IF YOU WANT ANSWERS THEN YOU ARE GETTING SOME. BUT IF YOU WANT TO SIT AROUND AND MOCK ANYBODY WHO IS ASSUMING THAT YOU ARE OPEN MINDED AND UNDERSTANDING THAN WHAT IS THE POINT OF TALKING TO YOU. I AM AFRAID OF JUMPING TO THE CONCLUSION THAT YOU ARE JUST AS SEVERELY IMPAIRED IN ACTUAL FAITH AND HOPE. IF YOU ARE COMING IN HERE JUST TO START A CONFRONTATION, I WOULD ASK YOU TO SINCERELY LOOK AT YOURSELF AND WONDER WHAT GOOD GOD CAN DO IN YOUR HEART BEFORE YOU START TAKING APART THIS FOUL WORLD YOU LIVE IN.[/b]

I wish you the best of days Desert Walker. I am not a conspiracy buff, and i dont intend to refute you, whether i may agree or disagree with them is another story. Once again, this is not intended as a personal attack on you personally. There are many people who i have come across in my life who have very sad reasons for looking to conspiracies to add meaning to their lives or something strange.

SHALOM

Desert Walker

You keep saying you are not describing me personally. I do not believe that you are being fully honest about that. I know the way I sound must be annoying. I'm not looking for a confrontation. And my life does not revolve around distrusting the world I live in. In fact, I feel I have a better understanding of those whom society and the establishment regularly marginalize than I ever had before.

I used to sound like Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Mike Reagan, Michael Savage, Michael Medved, Laura Ingraham. I used to agree with EVERYTHING they said in heart beat. I idolized men like Ronald Reagan and the rest of the crowd of heros that our American society holds up for our admiration. Now, finally, I am questioning the whitewashed reality in which I used to live; where Democrats and progressive thinkers are worshippers of Lucifer himself, and US Marines end up guarding the streets of Heaven.

Give me a break. What a load of carp.

But few people realize the darkness and the sin that has surrounded this government. You find it when you peel away the show and pomp and actually look at the real events behind the curtain, such as the invasion of Panama.

What you see is a man growing out of a slavering loyalty to right wing American thought.

I realize now that the only people who are trustworthy enough to admire are those who imitated Jesus Christ: Roman Catholic SAINTS.

Thank you for listening.

Desert Walker

If there is ONE point that I would like to get accroos in all my posts it is this:

Throughout history, men of power have repeatedly conspired secretly amongst themselves to increase their power. There are men in this world who will tell you to your face exactly what it is they think that you would like to hear in order to gain your trust. They personally couldn't care less about you're beliefs and concerns. They're after power, and more of it.

Keep the above fact in mind whenever you go to the polls to vote. Because the man your find yourself trusting the most may be involved in a conspiracy to take away the freedom that gives you the ability to even cast a vote.

Does that sound paranoid? Sure does. Is it wise? The founding fathers thought so. Their writings are filled with the same paranoia that today's "conspiracy theorists" are accused of exhibiting.

Please understand that there are some very well educated, and clear-headed people who think that the US government (NOT the citizenry mind you) is one of the greatest enemies of freedom on this earth. I now firmly believe the same. And I appeal to the historical record as my supporting evidence, as do these men (Noam Chomsky and David Ray Griffin are two).

Conspiracies to do evil things to good people are part of the human condition my friend. And my recent discovery is that those leaders I thought most trustworthy (Republicans, right wingers, conservatives) could have a conversation with a man like Hitler and agree on some points.

Desert Walker

That is a very innaccurate representation of my last post. You know that of course. I just thought I would tell everyone else. :cool: