An Old School Catholic Message Board

Packed Summer

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

School out; June 9th
June 10th my cousins graduation
June 12 my 17th birthday
June 28-30th Vocations Camp in Brainard
July 15-22 one week of, "from the moment I step in to the moment I step out" visit to the Cist. Monastery of Valley of Our Lady in Wisconsin. (They get up at 3:40 AM!!!!!!!!!! :lol: )
July 28-30th Steubenville North at UST!!!!!

And somewhere between these three months, I will be visting at Lockport, LA (I cant wait!) Dominican community, and if SJAB gets back to me, some time will be spent in Michigan. :lol: And Sonshine Music Festival falls around somewhere. :lol_roll:

EDIT: Return of Sister Donna Jean newly solemn professed. And the return of Sister Annie, or the well known, still Sister Annie, Sister Maria Caritas! <(Hopefully)

Edited by AlterDominicus

Laurentina1975

Hey Alter...didn't know you were so young!
You seem like such an old soul!
Have fun at vocations camp! Which one is it?

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Laurentina1975' post='996570' date='Jun 4 2006, 02:33 PM']
Hey Alter...didn't know you were so young!
You seem like such an old soul![/quote]
Hehehe, I swear I get that from everyone! Thanks for that anyway.

As far as the vocation camp goes its, Camp Vanasek up in Brainard by Whipple lake in Baxter Minnesota. "Consencrated Life Vocation Camp" it says on the brochure. I attended as a camper last year, this year I helped the director Deacon Mike Knuth of the Diocese of Duluth coordinate it, so now I am going to be a team leader hopefully.

Here is who is gonna be there, Nashville Dominicans, Diciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, Religious Sisters of Mercy, Consencrated Women of Regnum Christi.

Speaking of which I need to send Deacon an email! :shock: !!!! :lol_pound: It was so funny last year, I think I posted these before, but I'll post the story again its hilarious.

Sounds like a packed summer, but a good summer.

I'm headed down to my home diocese of Rockford ,IL in July for our vocations camp. It's for high school women but they invite college women to come as well. I really felt like God was asking me to go so as to be leaven but also to receive as well. It should be a good time. The Sisters of Life will be there, that's the community I am really looking at. The two sisters that will be there are really great women. Nashville Dominicans, The Panhandle Franciscans, and the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Mother of Christ. It should be a very blessed time

AlterDominicus

Nashville is everywhere! And I was the one who was working in the religious community expertise area for the camp, lol, Nashville did not come around there while I was coordinating! They came last year and so did the Diciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, so I am reallllllyyy interested in knowing whose going to be coming from both of these communities this year.

Panhandle Franciscans, lucky! lol. I was trying to get Sister May Mike up here! Haha.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='veritas99' post='996578' date='Jun 4 2006, 02:44 PM'] Sounds like a packed summer, but a good summer.

I'm headed down to my home diocese of Rockford ,IL in July for our vocations camp. It's for high school women but they invite college women to come as well. I really felt like God was asking me to go so as to be leaven but also to receive as well. It should be a good time. The Sisters of Life will be there, that's the community I am really looking at. The two sisters that will be there are really great women. Nashville Dominicans, The Panhandle Franciscans, and the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Mother of Christ. It should be a very blessed time [/quote]You're from the Rockford Diocese? Cool beans... I am too :)

TheOliverOrder88

Oh boy...well

"Drugs are Bad Camp(its some leadership camp) June 6-9
Kenrick-Glennon Days a camp run by the seminary for boys in 6-9th grade. Its always a load of fun...thats June 9-17th

I will be a young apostle for St. Louis Steubenville #1 July 3-9
Then I will be with my youth group for St. Louis Steubenville #2 July 14-16

My birthday is July 30th.

Lasallian Youth Gathering July 30 to August 4th....a conference for all the Christian Brother schools...service/fellowship/prayer...good stuff

California...the last official family vacation during the last summer break weeks of August.

I will also have a jampacked summer.

Edited by TheOliverOrder88

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='996699' date='Jun 4 2006, 07:46 PM']
You're from the Rockford Diocese? Cool beans... I am too :)
[/quote]

you're from the Rockford Diocese, that's great. I graduated from Rosary high scool in 99.
I loved my diocese, I was very involved in retreats when I was in high school. I was always driving up to Rockford to help out witht he Yes Retreats. I will be down there in 2 weeks to help out with D-week that NET Ministries puts on.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='997224' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:31 AM']
Work. :(

Being a grup really stinks sometimes.
[/quote]

Dad, take it from me, it gets better after the kids grow up :rolleyes: .

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='veritas99' post='997407' date='Jun 5 2006, 11:46 AM']

you're from the Rockford Diocese, that's great. I graduated from Rosary high scool in 99.
I loved my diocese, I was very involved in retreats when I was in high school. I was always driving up to Rockford to help out witht he Yes Retreats. I will be down there in 2 weeks to help out with D-week that NET Ministries puts on.

[/quote]Awesome! Have fun with that! I think in about 2 weeks I'll be in Sandwich with a camp for a cluster of parishes in my diocese...

photosynthesis

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='996564' date='Jun 4 2006, 03:20 PM']
EDIT: Return of Sister Donna Jean newly solemn professed. And the return of Sister Annie, or the well known, still Sister Annie, Sister Maria Caritas! <(Hopefully)
[/quote]
is that Sr. Donna Jean from the Daughters of St. Paul?

AlterDominicus

[quote name='photosynthesis' post='997605' date='Jun 5 2006, 02:13 PM']
is that Sr. Donna Jean from the Daughters of St. Paul?
[/quote]

Yes it is, she is absolutely adored over here in my family, I've kept in conact with her mom. And occasionally see them at my parish.

[quote name='stlmom' post='997419' date='Jun 5 2006, 12:00 PM']
Dad, take it from me, it gets better after the kids grow up :rolleyes: .
[/quote]
Really? I've had only one of my 6 leave home and I can't bear the thought of an empty nest.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='997878' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:20 PM']
Really? I've had only one of my 6 leave home and I can't bear the thought of an empty nest.
[/quote]

Well, actually my young adults are in and out of the nest between jobs, college, and military service....nobody's made a permanent move yet...but they are grown up enough that we can leave them for a stretch and nobody does anything stupid while we're away. And they are still young enough to rat each other out if anyone tries :lol: .