An Old School Catholic Message Board

Therese Movie in the HOLE!

Sixtina87

Hey all,
i got an email from the president of the Luke Films, the one who helped make Therese Movie hapen. Well evidently after releasing the movie onto DVD, they still can't get enough money to pay off what is still owed to making everything happen.

So here is the email. If anyone wants to make a donation or wants to orignal email, please PM me!!!

[quote]Dear Friend of Luke Films,

You rejoiced with us when THÉRÈSE hit the big screen in towns across North America.

You thanked God for His goodness when the DVD of THÉRÈSE appeared in Target, Wal-Mart, Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, Best Buy, Amazon.com, and right in your own home!

Now I am asking for your help.

Most people believe the theatrical and DVD release of THÉRÈSE meant that money worries were behind us. This is not the case. We depend on your tax-deductible donations to continue our ministry. The cost of producing and distributing THÉRÈSE far exceeded the revenues brought in, and our company carries an enormous financial burden. Without the donations of countless supporters, we never could have brought the message of THÉRÈSE to mass audiences. All of this expense has been worth it, but our need is now urgent.

Once again, God is testing our commitment to this humble apostolate. I am confident He wants us to continue and that He will send the help we need to keep going. Above all, we are determined to surrender to His Will.

Luke Films has been called to transform and evangelize our culture with the stories and heroism of the Catholic Faith - in movie theaters, television, live theater in local churches, the web, and even on your kids' iPods and Xboxes.

Will you help me do this? Our current campaign has the goal of $350,000, to keep our projects moving forward. Please prayerfully consider making a donation towards this goal. Be it $50 or $5,000, I know God will bless you abundantly for your trust in this effort to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the media.

To make your tax-deductible donation online, please click here:

Or call us at 1-800-661-9193

Or mail your donation to: Luke Films

5319 SW Westgate Drive, Suite 130

Portland, Oregon 97221

Thank you for your generosity. Please pray for us, as we do for you.

Leonardo Defilippis
President[/quote]

FYI i got my Movie at Target for $15 to where if you got it from EWTN it's $25!!!!! OUCH!!!!

i got mine at target too...i haven't had a chance to watch it though...maybe when school gets out

AlterDominicus

I want to get, I've seen it a few times, but I want to OWN it, but I am in a money hole myself.

As far as I can see, Target is cheaper by far!!!! As much as I love EWTN, I'm sry but that is too high priced!!!! For $25 I could pay part of my cell phone bill, or part of my Younkers Bill, or even buy some food to 2 DVD's....just random ideas what the money is better used for!!!

I ordered it from EWTN. I wasnt aware it was available for less at Target, but I don't mind supporting their ministry. I just wont eat tomorrow :P: . lol

onlygrace08

I bought the movie at our local Catholic bookstore. I think it was about $20. It was absolutely beautiful!!!

God Bless

Anna

I got it, actually my father bought it but I love it and have watched it many times, I feel so bad for them for not paying it off though. God Bless them

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='996612' date='Jun 4 2006, 03:56 PM']
As far as I can see, Target is cheaper by far!!!! As much as I love EWTN, I'm sry but that is too high priced!!!! For $25 I could pay part of my cell phone bill, or part of my Younkers Bill, or even buy some food to 2 DVD's....just random ideas what the money is better used for!!!
[/quote]

please excuse me if I come across as rude :( the money is of great use being invested in the movie, then of a pleasure you could spend it with. I'm sorry again if that was mean :ohno:

I bought mine at Target weekend before last. I hadn't even heard of it but it had a nice little "Approved by the Vatican" sticker and I had to have it.

I saw it in the theaters, and I'm just not sure of what I thought of it. It bothered me that the tops of people's heads were cut off in scenes. Some darker scenes seemed very noisy colorwise (like when you take a picture in low light and there are spackles of color). So, I guess I liked the story, but the cinematography could've been better by far.

Guest Rick777

I love this movie. I ordered it from them. I wish I could help out.

In fact after looking at this thread I think I'm gonna watch it right now.

Why would they have such a financial burden? I think that would be the better question. Maybe they are trying to raise money for new projects or something.

I thought the movie and dvd sales were going relatively well. Dvd's are very cheap to produce and so they should be making some money on them. I would have a hard time figuring out why they would be selling below cost.