An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you believe that Quebec should succede?

Resurrexi

Do you believe that Quebec should succede from the rest of Canada?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Church Punk

if Quebec were to seperant in a referendom they would have to become a self sufficient state. That would mean no $$$$ from the rest of the country like Ontario and most of all Alberta!

Quebecers have it pretty good being part of Canada!!!

Personally, I am so fed up and sick to death with these leftist Quebecers whining about separatism that if I was Prime Minister I would simply say "Go already. Leave. And if that is what you choose to do, don't you EVER think of trying to come back." I would send those geniuses on their way without so much as a silver nickel and shut the door. See how well their ideology translates into a healthy state. Let Mother France take care of them.

They ruined that place during the Quiet Revolution, anyway.

They call themselves Quebecois, I call them Quebecers. Hey, it's better than what most people in English-speaking Canada call them. ;)

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

since im not French or canadian i do not really care. it seems quebec is liberal now, so who cares?

Should Quebec succeed? Succeed in what? Would a successful Quebec be a good or bad thing?
Nothing succeeds like success!

Or did you mean to say should Quebec [b]secede[/b] ?
Personally, I think they should try (though I'm not sure their secession would succeed ;) ). [mod][edited by inDEED - We don't want to offend our Canadian brethren!][/mod]

RandomProddy

[quote name='Nathan' post='996123' date='Jun 3 2006, 07:03 PM']
Let Mother France take care of them.
[/quote]

Hah, like they care. The only canadians in Europe during WWII were the english-speaking ones....

[quote name='jezic' post='996322' date='Jun 3 2006, 07:59 PM']
What would they gain by seceeding?
[/quote]

Independence. They want to be a separate country.

homeschoolmom

S-U-C-C-E-S-S! That's the way we spell success!

As for Quebec, who cares? I like Quebec... I like the rest of Canada, too. But, um, yeah, for me it's a vacation spot.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='996251' date='Jun 3 2006, 07:01 PM']
You need an

I don't give a mouse's tushy

option
[/quote]
I vote for that option.

Quebec deserves independence from Canada. The rest of Canada is WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) , but Quebec is WFCC (White French-Canadian Catholic), so it needs to be a seperate country because it has a separate culture. Also, Canada is waaaaaay to liberal, and I think Quebec would be conservative if they got the homosexuals out of there. Moreover, Canada is predominately Enlgish speaking and Quebec is predominately French speaking, so they need to separate.

Winchester

I believe Quebec should faile

I didn't vote because "I don't care" was not an option.