An Old School Catholic Message Board

your greatest sin

dairygirl4u2c

your greatest sin  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As I discussed in the similar thread, prolly sloth, since I'm pretty much at a loss in beating it right now. At least I've made significant strides against lust and pride (or so I like to think, heh).

Laudate_Dominum

I wanted to pick more than one because it depends. The factor is if we're talking quantity or quality (quality meaning really gravity). :idontknow:

littlebits

[quote name='Franimus' post='992695' date='May 29 2006, 10:37 PM']
As I discussed in the similar thread, prolly sloth, since I'm pretty much at a loss in beating it right now. At least I've made significant strides against lust and pride (or so I like to think, heh).
[/quote]
Isee sloth as my fear flight mechanism ,just run away..in other words do nothing.
My reminders of the root of possibly all sin is from Paul's letters..where he says if I had not read in the law thou shalt not covet, I would not have coveted but sin taking occasion by the law slew me.
Irecognize in this that the apostles rarely wasted words and I think that in coveting desiring that which is not rightfully mine I am in danger.
yet when I see all about me excessive greed, rather than real prosperity I am afraid for any other creature on this earth showing such symptoms as excessive greed would be seen as diseased and driven away or at least quarrantined
..instead of doing anything I run away.it's lazy thinking, and so sloth overtakes me..escape sleep.
But in having a little courage I begin to examine options..how can I speak of the dreadful disease that greed is..how destructive..
of how the law is the knowledge of sin and death, without christ jesus whose blood was shed for our sins..without blood shed there is no forgiveness of sin..the hatefullness of greed, and the fear of its contagion must be on my mind as possibly something I can do some small thing about.
But don't be too hard on yourself, One definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over again and expect different results.
So to say change is the only constant but it is good to know yourself. blessimgs

I think the biggest sin of every person is breaking the command of loving God with your whole heart and mind and soul. It is the commandment and all others are contained in it. IN fact, every sin is in some way related to it.