An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm IN!

SisterAli

This weekend....on May 28th, 2006 I was accepted into School Sisters of Christ the King!!!!!!!!! More news to come in a few days.... :) Thank you JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a wonderful birthday gift, as my birthday is TODAY!!!!

God Bless,

Allie

:lol_roll: :lol: :drool: :P: :topsy: ;) ^_^

Ali, thank you for sharing that news. And congratulations. I will continue to pray for you.

God bless you,

Denise

The Prayer Before the Crucifix

The biographies of Saint Franics written by Thomas of Celano and Saint Bonaventure characterize the early years of the saint's conversion as a struggle to discern God's will. Both of these authors, as well as the author of the Legend of the Three Companions, describe the scene in the deserted church of San Damiano in Assisi during which the young Francis heard a command of the Crucified Lord while he was absorbed in prayer. "Francis," the voice told him, "go and repair my house, which, as you see, is falling completely into ruin." The remainder of his life was spent consciously or unconsciously responding to that command.

[b]O Most high,
glorious God,
enlighten the darkness of my heart
and give me, Lord
a correct faith,
a certain hope,
a perfect charity,
sense and knowledge,
so that I may carry out Your holy
and true command.[/b]

:saint:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks so much for sharing this joyful news for us... and what an amazing way to get to celebrate your birthday!!!

:)