An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is it moral for a Catholic man to attend a public pool?

Imprimatur

Imprimatur

Is it moral for a Catholic man to attend a public pool where women are dressed in immodest swim wear? Are there any norms for anything related to this? My teenager conscience is telling me no, but then again Im just a teenager who does not have a fully developed frontal lobe assocation area.

Peace be with you all,

Imprimatur

[quote name='Imprimatur' post='992309' date='May 29 2006, 10:05 AM']
Is it moral for a Catholic man to attend a public pool where women are dressed in immodest swim wear? Are there any norms for anything related to this? My teenager conscience is telling me no, but then again Im just a teenager who does not have a fully developed frontal lobe assocation area.

Peace be with you all,

Imprimatur
[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with it.

If it is a serious occasion of sin, you probably shouldn't go. If it is just a theoretical occasion of sin, it would be ok, just take necessary precautions; in other words, guard your eyes.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='RandomProddy' post='992982' date='May 30 2006, 02:04 PM']
Imagine people on the toilet. Should be a good work-around for heart-adultery...
[/quote]
Thanks. Going for a swim will never be the same again....

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='992985' date='May 30 2006, 03:10 PM']
Thanks. Going for a swim will never be the same again....
[/quote]
Come on, everyone knows that people pee in public pools.

homeschoolmom

Note to self: "Forget" to mail Sojourner's invitation to Labor Day pool party.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='992995' date='May 30 2006, 03:23 PM']
Note to self: "Forget" to mail Sojourner's invitation to Labor Day pool party.
[/quote]

I get to come though right.....

thessalonian

In truth I would not go without my wife and kids as this provides the neccessary focus so that I can gaurd my thoughts and eyes. We avoid public beaches when they are crowded partially for the immodesty. I honestly don't beleive a single male should be on a public beach. It is not a sin but a definite occassion to sin and those should be avoided. Phillip Neri said that it is when I am a coward and flee the occassion of sin that I am strong.

homeschoolmom

Honestly, I hate public pools so much I can't imagine going without a reason (ie a kid).... Public beaches are not too bad until the young people plant themselves in front of my family and start playing "octopus.".....

Norseman82

Welcome to our ool. Notice there's no "P" in it. Let's keep it that way.

(Actual sign I saw).

Slave_of_the_Trinity

[quote name='Norseman82' post='993085' date='May 30 2006, 07:32 PM']
Welcome to our ool. Notice there's no "P" in it. Let's keep it that way.
(Actual sign I saw).
[/quote]

That's HILARIOUS!!! :sweat: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: I wish i were smart enough to think of smart little sayings like that......

God the Father

[quote name='RandomProddy' post='992982' date='May 30 2006, 03:04 PM']
Imagine people on the toilet. Should be a good work-around for heart-adultery...
[/quote]

Yeah. Also a good work-around for having a full stomach. If you know what I mean. And I mean throwing up.

I just went swimming. Played some baxetball. I didn't really have a problem.

It's all personal, really. Some (my earlier self included, of course) are not able to put themselves into situations like that without being unable to resist temptations. I find that by promising myself (God too, I suppose) I will not let a particular situation lead me to sin I usually succeed in avoiding any sin that results from that situation. Take it little by little; that's the best way I've found to beat the temptations.

Of course, if the whole reason (or any part of the reason, for that matter) that you're going to the public pool is to "look around", then yes, it's definatly immoral.

[quote]Note to self: "Forget" to mail Sojourner's invitation to Labor Day pool party.[/quote]
:rolleyes: like you even have a pool. I've been to your house, remember? The wading pool (aka "outdoor bathroom for the hskids") doesn't count.

[quote]Honestly, I hate public pools so much I can't imagine going without a reason (ie a kid).... Public beaches are not too bad until the young people plant themselves in front of my family and start playing "octopus.".....[/quote]
Sorry if I blocked your sun, but playing octopus is really fun.

:mellow: