An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hello Everyone

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

homeschoolmom

[quote name='brendan1104' post='991675' date='May 27 2006, 09:02 PM']
"Nothing's changed" implied that while you were still a traditional Catholic- i.e. you lived, believed and acted as Catholics always did for 1965 years- you were "outside" of the Church.

Prose- go do something productive, and start bashing real non-Catholics, and stop hurling excommunications and insults at your brothers and sisters in the one, Catholic, apostolic Church.
[/quote]
We don't bash anyone here, including prose. Please practice charity.

[quote name='brendan1104' post='991675' date='May 27 2006, 08:02 PM']
"Nothing's changed" implied that while you were still a traditional Catholic- i.e. you lived, believed and acted as Catholics always did for 1965 years- you were "outside" of the Church.

Prose- go do something productive, and start bashing real non-Catholics, and stop hurling excommunications and insults at your brothers and sisters in the one, Catholic, apostolic Church.
[/quote]

I wasn't bashing non-catholics. I was just pointing out that EENS has always been outside of the church. In fact, it was he himself who asked for the "hello I don't rep the church" icon. That implies to me that he wasn't interested in being within the Church guidelines.

I think that traditional Catholics ARE part of the Church. I think, however, that EENS has always prided himself on NOT being in line with the Churches teachings.. I never even insinuated an excommunication insult.

brendan1104

[quote name='prose' post='991752' date='May 28 2006, 02:50 AM']
I wasn't bashing non-catholics. I was just pointing out that EENS has always been outside of the church. In fact, it was he himself who asked for the "hello I don't rep the church" icon. That implies to me that he wasn't interested in being within the Church guidelines.

I think that traditional Catholics ARE part of the Church. I think, however, that EENS has always prided himself on NOT being in line with the Churches teachings.. I never even insinuated an excommunication insult.
[/quote]

Sam is baptized. You 'excommunicated' him by pronouncing him out of the church.

[quote name='prose' post='991752' date='May 28 2006, 02:50 AM']

[/quote]

once again prose does not know what she is talking about. I never asked for the "hello i don't rep the church" tag.

Edited by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Akalyte' post='991580' date='May 27 2006, 04:51 PM']
i knew this was going to happen..maybe phatmass should start being nicer to "rad trads". instead of treating them worse protestants and muslims. :(
[/quote]
:(

Lilllabettt

Welcome back, Sam!

Jesus died that we need not be emo, and yet so many people are emo. One of my co-workers is a quasi-emo, and he is almost unbearable, even though he doesn't mean to be. Maybe a universal prayer needs to be tacked on to the Prayers of the Faithful: "That emo kids everywhere would, for our sakes and theirs, quit being emo, and know the joy that comes from total surrender to God, we pray to the Lord."

On a serious note, Sam, I want to tell you about a specific practice of the shepherding profession.

When a little sheep keeps wandering away from the flock, the responsible shepherd will go looking for it everytime. And when the sheep wanders away one time to many, then when the shepherd finds it, he breaks the sheep's legs.

Mean huh? Hold on a second.

For the next several months, the shepherd carries around the sheep on his back, while its broken legs heal. Then, when the little sheep is all better, and ready to walk on its own, it never wanders away again. In fact, it stays closer to the shepherd then all the other animals. Why? Because the sheep has gotten to know the shepherd so well, and to depend on the shepherd for everything.

Moral to the story: sometimes God needs to break our legs. It hurts, but its for the best.
Maybe God is breaking your legs.

brandelynmarie

[b]When a little sheep keeps wandering away from the flock, the responsible shepherd will go looking for it everytime. And when the sheep wanders away one time to many, then when the shepherd finds it, he breaks the sheep's legs.

For the next several months, the shepherd carries around the sheep on his back, while its broken legs heal. Then, when the little sheep is all better, and ready to walk on its own, it never wanders away again. In fact, it stays closer to the shepherd then all the other animals. Why? Because the sheep has gotten to know the shepherd so well, and to depend on the shepherd for everything.[/b]

Ok, so that explains all the statues of shepherds with lambs across their shoulders! Now, I get it! Neat analogy...

Ash Wednesday

God has broken my legs many times.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' post='991776' date='May 28 2006, 06:13 AM']
once again prose does not know what she is talking about. I never asked for the "hello i don't rep the church" tag.
[/quote]

With the exception of now, having openly posted that you have left the Church completely.

In any case, don't be a stranger. Stick around.

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='991879' date='May 28 2006, 02:50 PM']
welcome back
and I like your Avatar :cool:
[/quote]

yeah, i'm kind of obcessed with the Godfather now. :lol:

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='991895' date='May 28 2006, 03:05 PM']
God has broken my legs many times.
With the exception of now, having openly posted that you have left the Church completely.

In any case, don't be a stranger. Stick around.
[/quote]

i plan on staying. :)