An Old School Catholic Message Board

pick a sin, any sin

dairygirl4u2c

pick a sin, any sin  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1301936' date='Jun 26 2007, 06:31 AM']In reply to iggy, this kind of Pride isn't the healthy sense of being proud of oneself and having strong self esteem. The deadly sin kind of Pride is the sin which caused Satan to be cast out of Heaven and it is essentially the root of all other sins. Pride is asserting yourself into God's position or rejecting His authority or commandments. So, if anything, it should probably be the last one you'd want to pick :)[/quote]

Oh. *eyes get wide* Thanks for clearing that up.

• 7 years later...

this was one of my favorite polls cause it made people think in a 'wow i'm actually entertaining this' kinda way.

In a way, we do get away with sin. Otherwise we would all be in hell right now. So, this thread is not really unrealistic or useless. I think it helps to see what we need working on.

Well, all sin has natural consequences and hurts you and other people. 

That being said, if we lived in a nonsense universe I would pick lust as the one you could "get away with". All the others make you a miserable person to be around, so you wouldn't have any friends or family which would make indulging in those sins not worth it. But you can be lustful and it would make you a repulsive friend (in the same way) so the the... fun... you get from it would be worth it. Gluttony is similar, but unfortunately it makes you gain weight so it's not worth it like the others.