An Old School Catholic Message Board

pick a sin, any sin

dairygirl4u2c

pick a sin, any sin  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LouisvilleFan

I see what you mean. I was thinking of "getting away" with sin more in that we don't receive the judgement we deserve.

God, with His mercy, always rewards the good with more than they deserve, and punishes the bad with less than they deserve.

I don't know if there is a worse sin. I don't know if there is a lesser of a sin. All sin is evil, the only comparison is mortal and venial.

xTrishaxLynnx

As long as we don't start fantasizing about sins not being sins, this thread is not all that bad. It can serve as a reminder to do an Examination of Conscience.

brandelynmarie

I think the point is that we all sin..we all have our favorite ones that we gravitate to & need to eliminate from our lives!

[i]favorite[/i]? We shouldn't have any favorites when it comes to sin, we should hate, and dispise all evil. I dare say it would be 100% impossible to eliminate all sin from our daliy lives without grace and the help of God. We are going to fall, but our imperfections through confession are turned into acts of humility and the opposite virtue. It's almost impossible to NOT sin, of course everything is possible with God, take Mother Mary for an example. But saying that doesn't mean we should lay back and say, hey I can't resist it, why not give into it? It's a daily battle, yet Jesus is walking with us the whole way, helping us get through the temptations, and picking us back up when we fall. Ah...anyways....... back on topic

Edited by uruviel

brandelynmarie

what I meant by "favorite" is the one sin that we fail in overcoming most often...The one sin that we struggle with over & over & over....Not that we LOVE to sin...hope this clarifies! (BTW...I do agree with what you've written!)

• 9 months later...

hmmm well i put pride because i don't think it should be exactly THAT BAD to be proud of yourself.

:idontknow:

Edited by iggyjoan

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='989785' date='May 24 2006, 05:27 PM']this poll is really freaking gay.[/quote]

This post, while having no particularly sexual preference, is really freaking offensive.

dairygirl4u2c

how do these old polls just pop up out of no where as they often do?

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1297817' date='Jun 18 2007, 03:23 PM']how do these old polls just pop up out of no where as they often do?[/quote]

ppl like me who have nothing to do just look through and through the pages and click on random ones, read a few pages/posts, depending on how interesting it is and then post, thus bringing up lost topics.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='989029' date='May 23 2006, 10:21 PM']..[/quote]

How is it possible to get away with any sin. God knows all and sees all. I don't want to get away with any sin and this poll is rediculously stupid.