An Old School Catholic Message Board

pick a sin, any sin

dairygirl4u2c

pick a sin, any sin  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is actually a question worth answering. You'll find out what you're "favorite sins" are. Then you'll know to pray for and end to said "favorite sin."

And here I already picked "refuse to speculate."

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='989029' date='May 23 2006, 08:21 PM']
[/quote]

This is by far the stupidest question ever. I never would want to commit a sin and get away with it. I know the mercy and love I recieve through the sacrament of reconciliation. Why on earth would I want to resist God's grace by attempting to get away with a sin (which is impossible because God is all knowing). If you think you are getting away with something, oh man! I do not want to be around on your judgement day.

Do you mean with no moral problem attatched. You mean just as if it were a dream? Or even ask what would you wish wasn't a sin. That's not a bad question if you think about it. Anyone watch groundhog day?

I picked sloth because if I'm lazy and get away with it, it means the work I need to do somehow gets done by itself :).

I like this thread/poll... I'm debating between greed or sloth.. or gluttony.... or lust... hmn...

And I'm taking this to mean no moral/sinful reprocussions at all, i.e. "as if were a dream" or as if one is wishing that something wasn't morally wrong (or a sin).

The main problem is that committing one of these doesn't gaurantee success at it.. i.e. committing lust doesn't mean you got laid, committing gluttony doesn't mean you have more stuff, you just want more stuff.
In light of that, I'd definatly go with sloth. It's not really much fun to be prideful (other people's pride would get in the way), lust gets boring after a while (same with envy and greed), gluttony gets tiresome (of trying to get everything).. Anger might actually be fun, but I'm way too laid-back to enjoy it all the time (it's fun to release your stress this way, but then the stress just keeps building up).. Sloth could get boring, but the video game industry just keeps making too many new games for that to be possible (it would just smell of elderberries if I had no sources of income or a large stash). So I'd definatly go with sloth.

Now taking XIX's advice, I realize that in truth I cannot get away with sloth or any of these sins, so I must pray about it, and try harder to figgure out a way to do some work around here (...which in itself takes effort... I need a jump-start!!).. Enter dispair (spelling?). My only hope is to get mad at myself enough or distressed enough about it (with it constantly nagging me in the back of my mind now) so that I do make that quantum leap to figguring out a way to permanatly stop sloth in my life.... (as I avoid taking out the trash because I'm just going on the computer quick before I go to bed)

edit: Thank you very much for this thread/poll dairy!

Edited by Franimus

thessalonian

The poll is very shallow. Nothing new. Out of love for my fellow man I would not entertain writing such a poll. God hates sin and so must we.

Why would you WANT to get AWAY with a sin? If everysin offends God, how could you get away with them anyways? This is not a nice question, unless you pray for those like mentioned above.

[quote name='Veni Sancte Spiritus' post='990365' date='May 25 2006, 11:36 AM']
We are truly wasting our time if we attempt to entertain such a question.
[/quote]

:yes: