An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sharing Our Faith

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

Part of our Catholic Faith is the whole well-being of sharing our faith with others around the world, or we cant be one Body in Christ. Now some of the things that we share may seem so radical, and so insane, but God knows you from hair to toe-nail that you should fear anything or what people say about it.

That is why I am going to share something with you that I've told a very select few group of people, for that is a point out of 100 ways of our Christian life, to share our life, to share our faith, and to Live Out Loud;

[i]Sometime in the year 2004, my cousin, my brother, my mother, and my sister-in-law and I went bowling together, I ended up winning, and we got DQ ice cream, it was dark out, not a single shade of light driving in the country, we were heading back home when I looked out the window, by my Catholic Life, and Christian vow, I saw Jesus Christ on the cross, I remember every single perfecto detail of what our Lord looked like, that if I was an expert artist, I'd draw it if He wanted me to.[/i]

:)

This is a good point. what is our faith to us if we're not living it everyday?

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='986057' date='May 20 2006, 06:38 PM']

[i]Sometime in the year 2004, my cousin, my brother, my mother, and my sister-in-law and I went bowling together, I ended up winning, and we got DQ ice cream, it was dark out, not a single shade of light driving in the country, we were heading back home when I looked out the window, by my Catholic Life, and Christian vow, I saw Jesus Christ on the cross, I remember every single perfecto detail of what our Lord looked like, that if I was an expert artist, I'd draw it if He wanted me to.[/i]

:)
[/quote]

This is an amazing blessing, you had a vision of Jesus?

magnificat

That's awesome and such a beautiful grace from God! Blessed be the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='uruviel' post='986070' date='May 20 2006, 07:10 PM']This is an amazing blessing, you had a vision of Jesus?[/quote] Yes, except it was more uh, realistic...

[quote name='magnificat' post='986082' date='May 20 2006, 08:11 PM']
That's awesome and such a beautiful grace from God! Blessed be the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus!
[/quote]

I was soooooooooooooooooo afraid at first :reaper: why wouldnt I be? But it bottled up so much inside of me that I had to tell someone, I mean I didnt even think the nuns and sisters would believe me! :shock: And I believe God wanted me to share that with others, no matter how crazy they all thought I was. :blush:

magnificat

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='986262' date='May 20 2006, 10:37 PM']
I was soooooooooooooooooo afraid at first :reaper: why wouldnt I be? But it bottled up so much inside of me that I had to tell someone, I mean I didnt even think the nuns and sisters would believe me! :shock: And I believe God wanted me to share that with others, no matter how crazy they all thought I was. :blush:
[/quote]

I can sympathize. I've had similar experiences. I think you might be surprised if you decide to share it with religious who probably ought to know (like your SD or the VD of a community you're particularly interested in). I was probably more incredulous of the experiences than they were. You're not crazy (well probably not anyways! :lol: ) It's definately a grace from God. Peace!

AlterDominicus

Haha, I first shared it with my true extended family the Summit Nuns, it was either Sister Judith Miryam or Sister Mary Catharine....not sure, after I told one of them, there was a five second pause. Haha. Or at least I think thats how it went. It happened two years ago.