An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mrs Clintons new campaign theme

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

Hillary Clinton Continues Campaign Theme: Pro-Life Advocates Increasing Abortionby Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
May 18, 2006

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Continuing what is rapidly becoming the campaign theme for the 2006 elections, Hillary Clinton, the pro-abortion New York senator and likely 2008 presidential candidate, has sent out a fundraising letter claiming pro-life lawmakers and advocates are to blame for abortions.
Frustrated that Americas are increasingly pro-life and opposed to abortions in most situations, abortion advocates like Clinton are trying to turn the tables in their favor.

Knowing Americans want to reduce the number of abortions and are generally supportive of contraception, pro-abortion groups lawmakers are accusing pro-life advocates of supporting abortions by opposing efforts to promote contraception.

Clinton makes the allegation that because pro-life lawmakers are opposing bills to mandate contraception coverage in insurance plans or allowing sales of the morning after pill, which can cause abortions, over the counter, they must not want to reduce abortions.

"There's a quiet war going on in America," Clinton says in a recent fundraising letter.

She says "a small group of extreme ideologues" are "waging this silent war on contraception" with the help of President Bush and pro-life lawmakers in Congress.

The letter touts a new resolution Clinton introduced with pro-abortion New York Rep. Nita Lowey, a Democrat, that calls on Congress to support new campaigns to promote contraceptive use.

"Low-income women, denied access to contraception, are having more unwanted pregnancies -- four times as many as those for higher income women. And almost half of all unwanted pregnancies end in abortion," Clinton says.

"It's time to find out if Congress is serious about reducing unwanted pregnancies and abortions," she says.

AngelofJesus
:bigclap:

I would like to commed Sen. Clinton on what appears to be an excellent point.

I would gladly support her in her campaign to run for president.

:pigfly:

I am happy that she has learned to move beyond nature and realizes that sex serves more purposes for men than just animal reproduction. It is good that finally someone is ready to move beyond animality and realize that rationality changes the act for us. Of course we should advocate something tht doesn't work all the time because the times it does work will limit abortions. Also, we realize that those who don't use contraceptives don't because they want to pay the money to have an abortion.

cmotherofpirl

So you are going to support the pro-abortion, pro-contraception senator??/?
UNBELIEVABLE.

I thought this was a catholic board :idontknow:

Norseman82

Ah, yes, our lifelong Yankees fan............

from Park Ridge, Illinois!!!

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/Norseman82/hillary.jpg[/img]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='985392' date='May 19 2006, 02:17 PM'] So you are going to support the pro-abortion, pro-contraception senator??/?
UNBELIEVABLE.

I thought this was a catholic board :idontknow: [/quote]

My post was completely ironic. :P:

If I say so, it loses the punch...Oh well, I've said so now. :)

son_of_angels

I must say that Mrs. Clinton is overstepping her sphere of believability. Unfortunately for the right, and for the Catholic political movement, her center-left strategy may be somewhat convincing in center-leaning Southern states (like Louisiana, Florida, and Arkansas), which would split the Southern vote, usually a vote counted on by rightist and socially conservative regimes. If she can gain a foothold in the Southern states, and in places like Ohio and so forth, she may have a chance for the Presidency.

As for these latest statements, they are worthless. Catholics and other pro-life citizens cannot claim any credibility for an anti-abortion stance if they at the same time do not support abstinence and are opposed to other contraceptive approaches to reproduction and sexuality (NEVER mutually exclusive terms).