An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexuality

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='qfnol31' post='991923' date='May 28 2006, 04:02 PM']
Andy, he said condition, not person. (edit: smiley)
[/quote]

Zach, he is equating them to be the same thing.

[quote]Throughout this discussion you have continued to muddy the waters, because you fail to distinguish between natural desires, which can be misused (i.e., the desire of a man for physical intimacy with a woman), and unnatural desires, which have no proper use at all, and which indicate that a man is suffering from an objective disorder of the mind (i.e., homosexual desires that purdure over time). [/quote]

That is where he equates "the condition" and "the disorder of the mind" to be the same thing. That is incorrect.

[quote name='qfnol31' post='991927' date='May 28 2006, 04:09 PM']
You'll have to show me that...Also, you are equating evil actions with sin. (edit: smiley)
[/quote]

duh.....what do you think sin is, if it is not an evil action? Sin is a transgression of a religious or moral law, especially when deliberate. Or if you prefer; Deliberate disobedience to the known will of God.

Not all evil actions are sins...anyways, I did start a thread on that a while back...I've been hoping someone would discuss in it.

Also, a couple pages back Todd said that no person is a homosexual, according to the Church, because they cannot be reduced to that.

[quote name='qfnol31' post='991931' date='May 28 2006, 04:18 PM']
Not all evil actions are sins...anyways, I did start a thread on that a while back...I've been hoping someone would discuss in it.

Also, a couple pages back Todd said that no person is a homosexual, according to the Church, because they cannot be reduced to that.
[/quote]

No tangents and there are homosexual persons.......at least the Church thinks so......despite Todd's view.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='986936' date='May 22 2006, 07:51 AM'][...]

Today, the Church provides a badly needed context for the care of the human person when she refuses to consider the person as a "heterosexual" or a "homosexual".

I have stated Church teachings
[/quote] [quote name='Apotheoun' post='987074' date='May 22 2006, 10:18 AM']
Of course no one [b]is[/b] a homosexual, because you cannot reduce a person to disordered inclinations and desires. That being said, heterosexual desires are perfectly natural, while homosexual desires are not, and this necessary distinction is a truth which the Church holds to be absolute and unchangeable.[/quote]

Todd thinks people are homosexual, but cannot be reduced to that.

The view you condemn in the last post seems closer to arguing against what hot stuff said...

Sorry, I meant to say solely a homosexual...of course people are homosexuals, but not defined by that tendency.

[quote name='qfnol31' post='991943' date='May 28 2006, 04:52 PM']
Todd thinks people are homosexual, but cannot be reduced to that.

The view you condemn in the last post seems closer to arguing against what hot stuff said...
Sorry, I meant to say solely a homosexual...of course people are homosexuals, but not defined by that tendency.
[/quote]

No, I don't argue against hot stuff's position, but rather I support it. Look at the content and not just snippets. This is the overriding problem with you, Zach, you miss the forest for the trees; hence the constant need to correct your positions.

I have read all of this, and think you're doing the same thing with Todd.

Did you read what I posted?

[quote]Today, the Church provides a badly needed context for the care of the human person when she refuses to consider the person as a "heterosexual" or a "homosexual".[/quote]

[quote]No tangents and there are homosexual persons.......at least the Church thinks so......despite Todd's view.[/quote]

[quote name='qfnol31' post='991958' date='May 28 2006, 05:19 PM']
Can you tell me how those two quotes don't contradict?
[/quote]

They don't, Zach.....they simply don't. Again, you are missing the forest for the trees.

Cam, one sentence answers don't work in an argument.

One sounds like P is Q and the other says P is not Q. Maybe you're talking about different things?

What does that mean?

Cam, what you said about Todd is exactly wrong. You didn't even back it up when I asked.