An Old School Catholic Message Board

I have a date

Incarnate Word Postulant

Incarnate Word Postulant

Hello Everybody,

It's been a long time since I visited last. Wanted to let you all know I have a date to enter the novitiate. :clap: It will be July 23, St. Bridget's. I ask for your prayers and offer mine.

I also wanted to know if anybody has heard from Sixtina, when will she enter? I think she's not online anymore, is she? And how's Denise, anybody heard from her?

God bless you!

Awesome, Helga! Congratulations! :clapping: And prayers too. :sign: When you enter the novitiate, I will be making my Aspirancy at the Dominican monastery of St. Jude. :)

When you enter, will you keep you name or receive a new religious name? If so, have you chosen it or know what it will be?

God bless and Our Lady keep you!

passionheart

Congratulations Helga. It is indeed blessed news. :D:

Don't forget to ask St. Bridget for her blessing on your entrance day. I am sure she will give you hand during the first little bit. Also please add your name to OLAM Dad list for those who are entering priesthood/religiouslife.

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=49664"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=49664[/url]

[quote name='Incarnate Word Postulant' post='983853' date='May 17 2006, 03:37 PM']
Hello Everybody,

It's been a long time since I visited last. Wanted to let you all know I have a date to enter the novitiate. :clap: It will be July 23, St. Bridget's. I ask for your prayers and offer mine.

I also wanted to know if anybody has heard from Sixtina, when will she enter? I think she's not online anymore, is she? And how's Denise, anybody heard from her?

God bless you!
[/quote]

Congrats!!!!

I makes me SMILE to KNOW THAT I AM LOVED!!!!!! LOL!!!! Yes i stil visit and sometimes post when i feel the need!!! However I don't know for sure if I am entering in July, my app was sent in about 3 or 4 weeks ago, well not that long ago even though it feels that way!!! I am now getting my school transcripts sent off to the Sisters. As far as I know the novice mistress is looking over my app. So i guess everything looks okay...so far!!!!

To tell you all the truth I'm SCARED!!!!! Otherwise I'm just nervous!!! I'm worried I won't get accepted!!!! HOwever I hope that doesn't happen!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Incarnate Word Postulant

Thanks everybody for your prayers.

I have thought about the name and what others have done lately is just take their middle name, or their confirmation name. But since my middle name is Lizbeth and there are two Elizabeths it would kind of be confusing when they are paging someone...I thought of Mary Helga or dropping Helga and shortening Lizbeth to get Mary Beth (I kinda like that one) but we never know, we can only suggest. I like both my names because of their meaning. Helga means holy or consecrated and Lizbeth means "the one who loves God"....But we'll see what God wants.... :idontknow:

brandelynmarie

Ok...What about Sister Helga Maria or Sister Helga Elizabeth? Just my own spin on my favorite subject of religious names... :D:

Incarnate Word Postulant

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='991594' date='May 27 2006, 06:27 PM']
Ok...What about Sister Helga Maria or Sister Helga Elizabeth? Just my own spin on my favorite subject of religious names... :D:
[/quote]

there are two more Elizabeths....