An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Question Should I Ask?

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

What question should I ask Mother Assumpta Long? I was think, "I heard you were a big sports fan, so am I as a well as a player, specifically what sports?"

But I want to see what crazy Q's the phamily can come up with, loll

IDK. I think crazy questions are funny but times I wonder what the Sisters are thinking when we ask them those types of questions!!!

although some can have a meaning but "Sister do you shave your legs??" what type of meaning is that!?!?!? that was a question a girl in my math class asked Sister when we were a freshman in HS!!! i thought it was the dumbest question ever!!!!

Edited by Sixtina87

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='983213' date='May 16 2006, 09:47 PM']
What question should I ask Mother Assumpta Long? I was think, "I heard you were a big sports fan, so am I as a well as a player, specifically what sports?"

But I want to see what crazy Q's the phamily can come up with, loll
[/quote]

OOO! OOO!! I have a secret question I've always wanted to know...

As someone who uses a hearing aid and has serious hearing problems....how do the Sisters hear anything when the veil covers their ears??

[quote name='Mary-Kathryn' post='983613' date='May 17 2006, 08:46 AM']

As someone who uses a hearing aid and has serious hearing problems....how do the Sisters hear anything when the veil covers their ears??
[/quote]

ITS EASY!!!! LOL!!!! Just think the material that the veils are made out of a re very thin, so thin that they flap or wave in in the wind.......try putting a towel over your head and listening to people, you might get the idea what its like to do that!!! LOL!!!

[quote name='Mary-Kathryn' post='983613' date='May 17 2006, 08:46 AM']

[/quote]
Mary-Kathryn! What a great question. I wondered the same thing myself. About four years ago, I went to a Continental Congress on Vocations in Canada. And there were many religious there from all over North America. And some of the talks we went to were in French (which I don't speak), so participants were given headphones to hear the translators. And the nuns wore them on the outside of their veils!!! Unbelievable! Some of the veils showed womens' ears, so they wore them "normally." But otherwise, the sisters had cloth between their ears and the head phones. So maybe they just turn up their hearing aids an extra notch! :lol:

On a side note, it was in Montreal that I first met the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist!!!

PS- Alter Dom.... when are you going to see her? She spoke at the EWTN Anniversary celebration in St. Louis last weekend, but I wasn't able to go.

Edited by shortnun

AlterDominicus

Thats a perfect one, I'm only going to take 3 ?'s, I'll use that one, mine, and I found another, "Has there ever been a prank pulled on you or do you do the pulling, if you do what was the greatest prank you pulled?"

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='985319' date='May 19 2006, 12:46 PM']
What is funniest thing you've seen in the convent? :P:
[/quote]

HA HA!!!! I so could answer that question right now!!!!!!!!! Not pertaining to the SSME but to a visit i was on oh about 3 yrs ago!!!!! HINT: :cheers: Can anyone take a guess!?!?! LOL

Guest Elizabeth

I met Mother Assumpta in person when I attended the Nashville Dominicans'
January 1983 vocation retreat.

In addition to being very impressed by her, I was also struck by her great
resemblance to my (non-Catholic) mother.

I turned 30 in '88. I'm looking at communities, but not very hard right now as
it's going to be a few years before I'd be free to enter.

Elizabeth Whitaker
South Carolina

Received into the Church Easter 1981