An Old School Catholic Message Board

EWTN is disgusting

ChrisZewe

indescribable

i think i would be opposed to the negative nature of "spewed."
it sounds like Luther's conclusions were puked up over night, when in fact, they were spurred by corruption in the Catholic church.

it's just a negative connotation.

even if it's right

Yeah, I can understand the heresies, I suppose, but the spewed is what really did it. And the fact that it had NOTHING to do with the life of Saint Paschaul Bailon.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='983110' date='May 16 2006, 07:07 PM']
Yeah, I can understand the heresies, I suppose, but the spewed is what really did it. And the fact that it had NOTHING to do with the life of Saint Paschaul Bailon.
[/quote]

If they're use of the word "spewed" is wrong... Your calling EWTN "disgusting" is hypocrital and also wrong.

No, because it's in response to the use of the word "spewed."

Edited by ChrisZewe

I talked to a girl whose father is a Lutheran pastor (she converted to Catholicism at age 15, i believe). She said that most Lutherans don't even read what Luther himself wrote. If they did, they wouldn't be Lutheran. Luther was crazy and anti-semetic. Go to any Holocaust museum, you'll find him referenced somewhere. However, heresy, by definition, "Any opinions or doctrines at variance with the official or orthodox position", this is often related to the Catholic Church. If they say he was a heretic to the Catholic Church's standards (he was actually an augustinian hermit). If he was part of the Church, people can say he was a heretical Catholic. There is nothing wrong with that.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='983138' date='May 16 2006, 07:17 PM']
No, because it's in response to the use of the word "spewed."
[/quote]

Yes, it was one can not return sin for sin... "[color="#CC0000"]You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on (your) right cheek, turn the other one to him as well.[/color]"

If you believe that EWTN sinned or was wrong in saying the word "spewed" than so did you by responseding with the word "disgusting" that is the same kind of sin or incorrectness.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='983187' date='May 16 2006, 09:35 PM']
Yes, it was one can not return sin for sin... "[color="#CC0000"]You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on (your) right cheek, turn the other one to him as well.[/color]"

If you believe that EWTN sinned or was wrong in saying the word "spewed" than so did you by responseding with the word "disgusting" that is the same kind of sin or incorrectness.
[/quote]

Ah, but this is an objective thing here. EWTN is disgusting because they slander other religions. And we're not attacking my character here - I'm just observing that EWTN is disgusting. But on that note, how about all this Dan Brown hating, eh?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='983214' date='May 16 2006, 07:47 PM']
Ah, but this is an objective thing here. EWTN is disgusting because they slander other religions. And we're not attacking my character here - I'm just observing that EWTN is disgusting. But on that note, how about all this Dan Brown hating, eh?
[/quote]

If anyone has attacked your character it has been yourself by making a hypocrital statement. There is no "Dan Brown hating" here, protest of his hate filled anti-catholic book perhaps but there is no hate, our protest of The Da Vinci Code is not hate, simpley protest and defense. And nothing more that I have seen...

kamiller42

ChrisZewe,

Was is the host of Journey Home who said it or the guest? I have seen guests who have converted from their prior faith and say some less than flattering words. The host usually lets the guest have the floor and simply gives direction to the conversation. EWTN could edit out dialogue, but I think it's the open and honest conversation the show allows which encourages converts to not be afraid to tell their story,

I would say that by definition what they said about them was true of course, but the word choice was such that it could be construed as rude and a hindrance to dialogue. I think they could have put that in a nicer way.

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='983156' date='May 16 2006, 08:23 PM']
Please don't get me started on [i]Catholic[/i] intolerance.
[/quote]

Don't get me started on Ignorant agnostics. Catholics can call people heretics rightfully as long as the people are Catholic... I mean Martin Luther was an Anti-Semite and attempted to take out some books of the New Testament (such as James) that dissagreed with his theology. This makes sense to call him heretical. There's really no point in your argument. EWTN would not bash the religion, they'd talk exclusively about Luther. Most Lutherans don't even read the writings of Luther.

Okay...you are all missing my point. I don't really care about the heresies bit. It was the dismal verb choice that got me, and I'm not getting how you don't see that.

And it was [i]Journeys of [b]Faith[/b][/i] not [i]Journey Home[/i]...