An Old School Catholic Message Board

EWTN is disgusting

ChrisZewe

Even though I disagree with Lutherans, how does a cable TV station get off calling his teachings "spewed heresies"?

Let me see if I can understand what your saying:

How can EWTN get away calling Luther's teachings "spewed heresies"?

if thats what ur saying then:

for the simple fact that Luther was a heretic and Lutherism and all protestantism is a heresy. You don't hear that used much these days but thats the simple truth.

like it or not

good day

I love Mother Angelica! That woman rocks! I believe someday she will be cannonized as patron saint of the media.

EWTN is wonderful! I'm so incredibly thankful for their faithfulness to Church teaching. It is so needed.

Anyway, if one of their shows referred to Lutheranism as "spewed teachings" it was not out of any malice for Lutherans. But the fact that Lutheranism is not the fullness of the Truth as Catholicism is, means that it is in fact, spewed. And EWTN, as does any Catholic entity, or really anybody at all, has an obligation to stand up for the Truth.

I'm not talking about whether or not Lutheran teachings are valid, I'm just baffled as to how they can get away with attacking such a large religious group on cable television on a show like "Journeys of Faith."

stating reality is not an attack. It is a recognition of existence.

For example if someone public proclaims a heretical belief and you call them a heretic you are not attacking them, simply stating what they are.

Are you saying it would be better if they said it about a small religious group?

Anyway, yeah what the others have said... it's wasn't malign... they were stating a fact.

It IS a heresy... that doesn't mean they were bashing them.

Last time I checked, EWTN taught and proclaimed what the Catholic Church teaches, not the lutheran faith or another faith that has broken from the CC, nor is it for the politically correct. However, converts on the show in no way "diss" thier upbringing of thier faith, but usually hold them in high esteem and point out the Truth they have found in the Catholic Church.

Question: Do you usually make threads about the secular media making misintepreted teachings of the Catholic Faith?

If not, then you hold a double standard.

As much as I dislike many of the Catholic Churc's teachings, if I heard something on CNN or some other station calling its doctrines "spewed heresies", I'd be upset by it. I'd also laugh. But I'd still be upset, and I'm sure that all of you would be, too.

Guest Rick777

I kinda understand your point. But they were just stating Church teaching.

Edited by Rick777

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='982513' date='May 16 2006, 12:41 PM']
Even though I disagree with Lutherans, how does a cable TV station get off calling his teachings "spewed heresies"?
[/quote]
They are heresies by the church's standards. Should we lie for the sake of political correctness? Lutherans themselves are not heretics, but their teachings are heretical in nature.