An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hell

ChrisZewe

KnightofChrist

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='983786' date='May 17 2006, 01:07 PM']
Well, it's obviously a metaphor...Hell in general, I mean. Or at least non-literal. I was just wondering since you guys believe that it exists and all, how you can manage to take it even remotely non-literally.
That was witty. Like...Cyrano-witty.
[/quote]

If hell and satan are metaphors so would be hitler and the holocaust.... but you know thats wacko...

You will believe in Hell when you stand before Christ and He throws your fallen brethren into the fires of hell... I pray dear brother you will not be among them.

Satan isn't a metaphor. Comparing those two things, though, makes about as much sense as comparing hunting to fishing.

[quote]You will believe in Hell when you stand before Christ and He throws your fallen brethren into the fires of hell... I pray dear brother you will not be among them.[/quote]

That was stupid. Like...Christian*-stupid.

*The character from Cyrano de Bergerac...obviously...just clarifying...

KnightofChrist

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='983821' date='May 17 2006, 01:52 PM']
Satan isn't a metaphor. Comparing those two things, though, makes about as much sense as comparing hunting to fishing.
That was stupid. Like...Christian*-stupid.

*The character from Cyrano de Bergerac...obviously...just clarifying...
[/quote]

Satan exist but the place inwhich he is inprisoned doesnt? Oh and comparing hunting and fishing can be done easly both are done for sport, both and done to feed ppl, both take along time, both have 7 letters, both end in "ing" and so on... :D:

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='982589' date='May 16 2006, 11:46 AM']
Prayers do work, but not memorized bits of nonsense that you [color="#FF0000"]spew[/color] mechanically. And no, none of PM's alleged prayers had any affect on me, nor did any Catholic's. This place actually turned me away from Catholicism x.x The reason I found religion is because of the most incredible person alive on this planet, and she kindly showed me the right way. Again, not because you 'prayed'.
[/quote]

But again, why are you so bitter and hate-filled to your Catholic brethren? And I do not understand you protest EWTN's use of the word "spew", yet you use it here in the same way you complain EWTN of using it.

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=52555"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=52555[/url]

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='983817' date='May 17 2006, 02:45 PM']
Praying to Mary is about the same as worshipping her. And I'm not a generic Christian -_-;;
[/quote]

Chris, will you please pray for me?

[quote name='Theoketos' post='983905' date='May 17 2006, 05:20 PM']
[/quote]

I suppose so. Is there anything in particular that you would like prayed for, or just for your wellbeing and happiness?

goldenchild17

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='982487' date='May 16 2006, 10:25 AM']
*Nods*...anyway. Yeah. A lot of you probably remember me from awhile ago. And I'm back again o.O But not to start trouble. I have honest questions this time and am interested in their answers. Butyeah...during my previous visits here, almost all of the people I talked to informed me that Hell was simply a plane of existence, so to speak, without God. Not fire and brimstone. Recently, though, I've actually...you know...read things, and I found this:
That seems pretty straightforward to me. If you're not saved, you burn. How can you disagree with that?
[/quote]

I agree. It isn't a physical place in the sense that Africa is. But I do believe the pain and burning is very much real and visible once you are dead and only in your non-corporeal self.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='982552' date='May 16 2006, 11:20 AM']
Either way, I am trying to be VERY good as to not find out if its literal or not.
[/quote]

haha truer words can never be spoken. :D:

Norseman82

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='983935' date='May 17 2006, 05:25 PM']
I suppose so. Is there anything in particular that you would like prayed for, or just for your wellbeing and happiness?
[/quote]

That's interesting, I noticed that you didn't accuse Theoketos of almost worshipping you.....

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Norseman82' post='983979' date='May 17 2006, 05:47 PM']
That's interesting, I noticed that you didn't accuse Theoketos of almost worshipping you.....
[/quote]

What is also interesting is Chris' silence to my last questions and statements...

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='983817' date='May 17 2006, 02:45 PM']
Praying to Mary is about the same as worshipping her. And I'm not a generic Christian -_-;;
[/quote]

[quote name='Theoketos' post='983905' date='May 17 2006, 04:20 PM']
[/quote]

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='983935' date='May 17 2006, 05:25 PM']
[/quote]

:lol_roll:

theo! you're a god! yay!

[quote name='ChrisZewe' post='984559' date='May 18 2006, 01:57 PM']
x.x It seems that a sense of humor is forbidden amongst Catholics.
[/quote]

I think you missed his point?

[quote name='Theoketos' post='983905' date='May 17 2006, 04:20 PM']
[/quote]
<_<

You know, asking someone to pray for you in order to score points in a debate seems really sleazy.

[quote name='philothea' post='984624' date='May 18 2006, 03:23 PM']
<_<

You know, asking someone to pray for you in order to score points in a debate seems really sleazy.
[/quote]

They were debating about praying to Mary. And the reason we pray to her is for her to intercede for us to Jesus, you know pray for us. So, why is it ok to ask someone else to pray for us? It's the same thing. We are asking Mary to pray for us. I believe that is what he was getting at. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think in a sense he meant it literally.

It appears that the stupidity was not as self-evident as I thought. Praying to Mary and asking Mary to pray for you are two different things. And, for the record, Mary is dead. The Bible explicitly forbids attemping to communicate with the dead.