An Old School Catholic Message Board

NSA amassing vast database of domestic calls

Desert Walker

Winchester

Certainly this could be misused, but the possibiltiy of misuse does not beaver dam an object or action. It is a great tool that affects the cell construction favored by terrorists.

Padre, no one is going to publish who you voted for on American Idol.

No one from the guminnt, anyway. Your cell phone company is another matter.

• 7 years later...
southern california guy

Certainly this could be misused, but the possibiltiy of misuse does not beaver dam an object or action. It is a great tool that affects the cell construction favored by terrorists.

Padre, no one is going to publish who you voted for on American Idol.

No one from the guminnt, anyway. Your cell phone company is another matter.

I wonder what peoples positions are now.  

I am paranoid but I would be afraid of people being about to get ahold of all of my personal information and get into my email, get all passwords and such, and monitor all of my phone calls.  I am especially paranoid because the huge NSA spying center is located in Utah.  According to one of the credit reporting agencies -- located in Utah -- I am married to my father...  :crazy:   Aren't those Mormons terribly clever funny people...  I am paranoid that if people have access to your personal information then they can do all sorts of things to embarrass you and mess you up -- especially if somebody doesn't like you and is seeking revenge.

I can imagine somebody trying to mess up your bank account, taking money from you, inside trading, helping certain people out -- while screwing over others.

Are the people -- who are in charge of "monitoring" all of this "information" -- really all that trust worthy?  When the founding fathers set up this country they argued that a limited government would limit corruption.  The limited government ideal is really a thing of the past, isn't it?