An Old School Catholic Message Board

Express yourself Tommy More

dspen2005

dspen2005

ok... i think it's time for StThomasMore to tell us exactly and clearly and with some sense of intelligence why he is for tradition. I find your facade of being a traditionalist to be a farse. This is because your posts typically are controversial and poignantly inflaming. E.x. your desire to venerate Simon of Trent, his polls and posts concerning the culpability and responsibility of Jews, notions of Limbo, etc... If you hold to these positions with some reason other than the fact that others believed it in the past, that's fine. But it seems to me that you are young, naive and are looking for something to fill a void created by something that is not solid (i can understand this feeling; but i don't understand your constant stepping outside of what the Church, currently holds and has always held).

IMHO.

Resurrexi

My traditionalism isnt a facade. I'm a traditionalist because I'm sick of some of the stuff coming from neo-caths!

dspen2005

ok.... does that include the current Holy Father? some of your posts seem to suggest as much..., in which case, you are approaching, if not already, separating yourself from the bosom of Mother Church.

incidentally, i don't see an explanation

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='972954' date='May 5 2006, 08:54 PM']
My traditionalism isnt a facade. I'm a traditionalist because I'm sick of some of the stuff coming from neo-caths!
[/quote]
Please don't use labels or call names. Thanks :)

[quote name='dspen2005' post='972923' date='May 5 2006, 09:43 PM']
ok... i think it's time for StThomasMore to tell us exactly and clearly and with some sense of intelligence why he is for tradition. I find your facade of being a traditionalist to be a farse. This is because your posts typically are controversial and poignantly inflaming. E.x. your desire to venerate Simon of Trent, his polls and posts concerning the culpability and responsibility of Jews, notions of Limbo, etc... If you hold to these positions with some reason other than the fact that others believed it in the past, that's fine. But it seems to me that you are young, naive and are looking for something to fill a void created by something that is not solid (i can understand this feeling; but i don't understand your constant stepping outside of what the Church, currently holds and has always held).

IMHO.
[/quote]

woah woah woah.. where's the love??
Seriously, though.. IMHO it's fine to bring stuff like this up, but really lighten up on the tone, inject some massive love into it! That's the way to do it.
As a saying in the military goes: "Praise in public, discipline in private." This sounds to me like something you would ask him privately in a PM or something.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='qfnol31' post='973092' date='May 5 2006, 09:27 PM']
This seems to be begging for trouble.
[/quote]
we shall see I suppose. :)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='972954' date='May 5 2006, 09:54 PM']
[/quote]
Ah, "neo-caths"...yes, we were baptized, but it wasn't recent, so I don't know if we could be called "neo-caths."

In any event, there's no such thing as a "neo-cath"...you're either Catholic or you're not. The Church exists as a living organism of sorts, STM, are you with the Church as she is here and now, or do you abhor the unfolding of Revelation which is commonly called by those who attack the Church "innovation," "progressiveness," and "change"?

The Church is unfolding. I suggest you unfold with it.

By the way, this thread is skating on thin ice already.

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='973251' date='May 6 2006, 02:36 AM']
Close the thread
[/quote]
yup

i see where this is about to go.

Ya know,

Mostly I think that I am in favor of closing this thread too.....

[size=7][b]BUT[/b][/size]

I think that we really do need to weed out the inconsistency in STM. He makes an awful lot of blanket statements without really expounding on any of them. I have said this before about him (and others); I don't care what his age is, if he is going to blatantly attack Holy Mother Church, he had best be able to stand there and take the reciproicty on the chin.

So, how about it STM? Why don't you give us an original answer. Why don't you explain what a "neo-cath" is and why don't you prepare to defend the position. Because honestly there is only one place that you can go if you continue to hold that line. I am sure that the CMRI would love to have you, but we don't want you to go there.

Also, it would be nice if you would speak to the various positions that you have held. I think that dspen has hit this on the head. Sometimes it is necessary to do things in private. However, sometimes it is necessary to do it in public. STM has made way too many inflammatory remarks about things Catholic. He needs to clarify his position and everyone who is in contact with him on this site needs to know what his methodology is.

Good Luck STM, I am waiting to hear and read what you have to say......

Brother Adam

I think that is fine and I agree completely on the inflammatory, but it seems to be a STM bashin thread. I suppose as long as no one says that his mother was a hamster.