An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist

Lil Red

Laurentina1975

Sr. Joseph Andrew is a sweetheart!
I met her at the IRL a couple weeks ago here in Chicago and just loved talking with her! She says that over 170 women have attended their retreats and have just loved them!

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/laurentina1975/LaurenSr.jpg[/img]

That is SisterAli on the far right in the pink and me in the brown shirt!

brandelynmarie

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='981164' date='May 14 2006, 08:27 PM']
r u talking about the SsEW??? sry not with it!!!
[/quote]

A very belated yep yep yep!!! (SeEW!)

[quote name='Lil Red' post='971144' date='May 4 2006, 12:51 PM']
who is discerning with this order? this is the only order that i financially support, so i'd like to personally know someone who is a part of this order/discerning with this order. God bless! :flowers:
[/quote]

I am discerning this order. I have been out there three times to visit. Two retreats and also this past MArch I was there over over the Feast of St.Joseph. Sister Joseph Andrew told me to plan for August of 2007 since I will be graduating from college this December with a degree in theology and Catholic Studies. This is where I believe God is leading me and I ahve a lot of joy and peace in that. I had heard God calling me for quite a while bit avoided it and ignored for a long time and only considered marriage. Finally I really jsut let go of my desires in Novemeber and about february things started to really unfold. I ahd been workign with a spiritual director for quite a awhile. He is a good, holy, and faithful priest and I am very blessed to be working with him. He has given me the green light on the matter. The retreat in May I talked with Mother Assumpta for the second time and it went well. I asked her if it would b alright if I asked her for entrance papers in october if it still seems like God is leading me t this direction and she said that would be great. So we shall see how this all unfolds. Thursday I leave for New York to spend time with the Sisters of Life again I need to visit them at least one more time to be sure because when I visit them God was definatly at work there.