An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist

Lil Red

[quote name='Andrea348' post='971302' date='May 4 2006, 03:00 PM'] Sr. Carly (crusader03?) and the former Sr. Ali is it Sr. John Mary now, I can't rem (sista2be) are former phatmassers who entered this order.[/quote]thank you![quote name='AlterDominicus' post='971346' date='May 4 2006, 03:52 PM']I am discerning with this order I plan to enter sometime in 2008 unless I go to college[/quote]wonderful! may God continue to bless you! :D:[quote name='Veritas' post='971359' date='May 4 2006, 03:58 PM']+ I've been accepted to the community (DSMME). Thanks for supporting it! :priest_halo: :bishop: :pope:[/quote]:D: wonderful! may God bless you as well!

FaustinaVianney

I have been accepted to the SMME's and God-Willing enter August 28, 2006. I just got to find benefactors for my student loans...

Thank you so much for contributing to the sisters!

Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Pray for us!!!

[quote name='FaustinaVianney' post='971777' date='May 4 2006, 09:20 PM']
I have been accepted to the SMME's and God-Willing enter August 28, 2006. I just got to find benefactors for my student loans...

Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Pray for us!!!
[/quote]
Hey, you need to be on the list too!

[quote name='Lil Red' post='971144' date='May 4 2006, 12:51 PM']
who is discerning with this order? this is the only order that i financially support, so i'd like to personally know someone who is a part of this order/discerning with this order. God bless! :flowers:
[/quote]
I discerned with them for about two years in college (and went on a few retreats). While I am no longer discerning with them, they have showed me a lot about my own Dominican vocation. I'm still in that growing person of learning what that Dominican vocation looks like, and I'm thankful for the witness the sisters were to me. I have a friend at school who is seriously looking at them.

PRAYERS.... for all those preparing to enter.... and for all those on retreat this weekend... may your hearts be open to totally falling in love with our LORD!

[quote name='FutureSoror' post='971732' date='May 4 2006, 08:27 PM']God Bless you, for contributing to my future home![/quote]np ;) just remember to pray for me!
[quote name='FaustinaVianney' post='971777' date='May 4 2006, 09:20 PM']I have been accepted to the SMME's and God-Willing enter August 28, 2006. I just got to find benefactors for my student loans...

Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Pray for us!!![/quote]wonderful! God bless you! pray for me, too!

be_thou_my_vision

I went on the retreat and it was amazing... I guess I am looking into this order. I talked with Sr. Joseph Andrew and she is helping me out a lot. I was completely surprized when I felt a tug to look into them. I just went up for my friend!
God Bless

i pray that the Blessed Mother would help you discern this. God bless!

brandelynmarie

[quote name='phatdaddy' post='971294' date='May 4 2006, 03:48 PM']
If they are like the N. OP's they don't do retreats for the married's. :( But they usually allow participation in Mass and Divine Office and personal prayer time in their Chapel. :yahoo: I'm just guessing. :idontknow:

I live in the Houston area and I take my family every year through Birmingham (EWTN), Hanceville (PCPA) and up to Nashville (OP) and other places of excitement. :D:
[/quote]

You are a man after my own heart...It sounds like my idea of a good time too... :saint:

i emailed them, and they do have a retreat for married women in december :)

Lets Not forget that Sr. Carly entered the SSME's what almost a yr ago!!!

i miss her tons!!!

[quote name='Lil Red' post='976085' date='May 9 2006, 09:44 AM']
i emailed them, and they do have a retreat for married women in december :)
[/quote]

If you are interested in retreats, the SSEW community has retreats monthly for people of all ages, it seems!!!

Mother Gabriel SsEW is the blood Sister of Mother Assumpta who is a SSME!!!