An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist

Lil Red

who is discerning with this order? this is the only order that i financially support, so i'd like to personally know someone who is a part of this order/discerning with this order. God bless! :flowers:

Guest phatdaddy

[quote name='Lil Red' post='971144' date='May 4 2006, 01:51 PM']
who is discerning with this order? this is the only order that i financially support, so i'd like to personally know someone who is a part of this order/discerning with this order. God bless! :flowers:
[/quote]

I am obviously not a discerner ;) But even if no one acknowledges your inquiry I would like to encourage you in your cosideration of that Convent. I am a friend of the Nashville Dominicans and I am so impressed with their charism, their apostolate and their life as consecrated religious. As I am sure you know, Mother Assumpta there in Ann Arbor had come from Nashville and hugely (is that a word?) contributed to the success of the Nashville Dominicans. I understand what she has begun there in Ann Arbor is flourishing as well.

If you are able, and so inclined, sometime make a retreat there and see for yourself. :D:
Mr. Ray

Chelsea (FutureSoror) is joining the SMME this August. [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=47891&hl="]She's already been accepted![/url]

My daughter Kristina (Ora et Labora) is going to their retreat this weekend. This will be her first [i]real[/i] exposure to them so I can't say that she is seriously discerning them just yet but ask again next week and I'll let you know. :)

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=48730&hl="]There are several Phatmassers attending the retreat this weekend.[/url]

[quote name='phatdaddy' post='971265' date='May 4 2006, 02:19 PM']I am obviously not a discerner ;) But even if no one acknowledges your inquiry I would like to encourage you in your cosideration of that Convent. I am a friend of the Nashville Dominicans and I am so impressed with their charism, their apostolate and their life as consecrated religious. As I am sure you know, Mother Assumpta there in Ann Arbor had come from Nashville and hugely (is that a word?) contributed to the success of the Nashville Dominicans. I understand what she has begun there in Ann Arbor is flourishing as well.

If you are able, and so inclined, sometime make a retreat there and see for yourself. :D:
Mr. Ray[/quote]:lol: i am married :) but thank you for your concern

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='971268' date='May 4 2006, 02:23 PM']Chelsea (FutureSoror) is joining the SMME this August. [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=47891&hl="]She's already been accepted![/url]

My daughter Kristina (Ora et Labora) is going to their retreat this weekend. This will be her first [i]real[/i] exposure to them so I can't say that she is seriously discerning them just yet but ask again next week and I'll let you know. :)

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=48730&hl="]There are several Phatmassers attending the retreat this weekend.[/url][/quote]thank you! :D:

oh, and this is the Ann Arbor SMME

Guest phatdaddy
:blush: ooops, sorry didn't know.

You could still visit them. I visit the N OP's all the time. They are very kind to me.

well, i'd like to make a retreat there, but seeing how they are in Michigan and i am not (not even close), it would be a struggle. :(

Guest phatdaddy

[quote name='Lil Red' post='971285' date='May 4 2006, 03:35 PM']
well, i'd like to make a retreat there, but seeing how they are in Michigan and i am not (not even close), it would be a struggle. :(
[/quote]

If they are like the N. OP's they don't do retreats for the married's. :( But they usually allow participation in Mass and Divine Office and personal prayer time in their Chapel. :yahoo: I'm just guessing. :idontknow:

I live in the Houston area and I take my family every year through Birmingham (EWTN), Hanceville (PCPA) and up to Nashville (OP) and other places of excitement. :D:

well, on their website, they show that they've had retreats. one for young, single women, and another 'women's retreat'.

Andrea348

[quote name='phatdaddy' post='971294' date='May 4 2006, 04:48 PM']
If they are like the N. OP's they don't do retreats for the married's. :( But they usually allow participation in Mass and Divine Office and personal prayer time in their Chapel. :yahoo: I'm just guessing. :idontknow:
[/quote]

The DSMME's do a retreat for women who are married every December.

I discerned with the DSMME's and went on two retreats there. I was very close to getting entrance papers, but then things changed. I'm like you Lil Red, they are the only religious order I financially support, not that there aren't other good ones out there, but the DSMME's send sooo many fundraising things each year I couldn't afford any place else. They are a lovely group. Sr. Carly (crusader03?) and the former Sr. Ali is it Sr. John Mary now, I can't rem (sista2be) are former phatmassers who entered this order.

passionheart

[quote name='Lil Red' post='971285' date='May 4 2006, 03:35 PM']
[/quote]

I know it can be tough to get to Ann Arbor. Even though Michigan is border state to Ontario it took me some time to get there. As we mentioned they have a retreat for the married women in December.

Edited by passionheart

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Lil Red' post='971144' date='May 4 2006, 12:51 PM']
[/quote]

I am discerning with this order I plan to enter sometime in 2008 unless I go to college

Fides_et_Ratio

[quote name='Lil Red' post='971144' date='May 4 2006, 02:51 PM']
[/quote]
A girl from my parish entered this past September with the SMMEs.

[quote name='Veritas' post='971359' date='May 4 2006, 03:58 PM']
+

I've been accepted to the community (DSMME). Thanks for supporting it!
:priest_halo: :bishop: :pope:
[/quote]
That's awesome! [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=49664&pid=971021"]Why aren't you on the list???[/url]