An Old School Catholic Message Board

Come to our country

Sailahína

Resurrexi

The flag of the United States of America is a freemasonic symbol. The Mexican flag is a pagan symbol... I liked the flags with OLO Guadelue that were once used in Mexico a lot better.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='971627' date='May 4 2006, 06:58 PM']
The flag of the United States of America is a freemasonic symbol. The Mexican flag is a pagan symbol... I liked the flags with OLO Guadelue that were once used in Mexico a lot better.
[/quote]
water you talking about?

homeschoolmom

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='971627' date='May 4 2006, 06:58 PM']
[/quote]
You've said this twice now. I'm not saying you're wrong, but could you please back this up with some legitimate information. Thanks.

I think that fly the flag that way is the way they feel. They totally lack respect for the this country, its laws and not anly that they are making demands for citizenship. Its a lot of nerve.

[quote name='ReinnieR' post='971585' date='May 4 2006, 05:45 PM']
i have the vatican flag in my room. if i have a flag pole i'll fly it.

i'm in the military. i love this country. i put my life on the line for it but don't tell me i can't fly other flags here.
[/quote]
But being in the military, I'm sure you wouldn't fly Old Glory upside down under those flags! <_<

[quote name='Socrates' post='971764' date='May 4 2006, 09:11 PM']
But being in the military, I'm sure you wouldn't fly Old Glory upside down under those flags! <_<
[/quote]
yes

but she was saying. this is the United States of America fly your flag somewhere else.

and no i would never fly any national flag under another flag.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='971775' date='May 4 2006, 09:19 PM']
You wouldnt put the Vatican Flag above the US flag?
[/quote]
no i wouldn't.

equal height.

Era Might

Cardinal Mahoney has also said the waving of Mexican flags at the protests needs to stop. It sends the wrong message. I happen to agree. I have no problem with people waving their flag. Just show some common sense...

homeschoolmom

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='971634' date='May 4 2006, 07:02 PM']
You've said this twice now. I'm not saying you're wrong, but could you please back this up with some legitimate information. Thanks.
[/quote]
So, St. Thomas More... You got anything for me here?

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='971775' date='May 4 2006, 08:19 PM']
You wouldnt put the Vatican Flag above the US flag?
[/quote]
There are protocols governing the flying of flags. If you do not want to obey these protocols, you should just not fly the American flag.

What these Mexicans are doing is deliberately disrespectful of America. No one should be allowed citizenship, or even be allowed to work here, who does not respect this country. If people come in massive numbers into a country from another, and do not respect this country, nor consider themselves part of it, it is not immigration, but invasion.

AngelofJesus

Is it a sin? Morally wrong? Against the law? Idealogically wrong? Forget that your an american for a second and focus on your catholicism. What law(philosophical, theological, government, natural, moral) did it violate? I am not trying to say that being patriotic is wrong, just want to talk about it in a catholic/christian 1st perspective.

[quote name='AngelofJesus' post='972738' date='May 5 2006, 04:58 PM']
Is it a sin? Morally wrong? Against the law? Idealogically wrong? Forget that your an american for a second and focus on your catholicism. What law(philosophical, theological, government, natural, moral) did it violate? I am not trying to say that being patriotic is wrong, just want to talk about it in a catholic/christian 1st perspective.
[/quote]
Is this question addressed to me?

The disrespect towards the flag (if that's what you are referring to) is clearly a sin against charity and against respect for lawful authority. Therefore it is a sin against the fourth commandment (which forbids disprespect to lawful authority) and the fifth commandment (which condemns sins against charity, in addition to murder).

It may also be considered a sin of ingratitute, for these people are coming into and taking advantage of America (for jobs, etc.), then disrepecting this country which has benefited them. This would be analagous to coming into another's home, sleeping there, and eating the meals provided, then blatantly insulting the host.

This is in every way contrary to virtue and cannot be defended by a true Catholic (of any nationality).

AngelofJesus

[quote name='Socrates' post='972744' date='May 5 2006, 04:12 PM']
Is this question addressed to me?
[/quote]

No, to everyone.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='AngelofJesus' post='972738' date='May 5 2006, 04:58 PM']
[/quote]

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. No, I will not forget I am an US American citizen it would be Un-Catholic of me to forget the Laws of my nation. Mexican Nationals steal into this nation and therefor steal everything they gain while in this sovereign nation. The Mexican Nationals are stealing US citizens jobs, property, homes, money, healthcare, cars, everything they unlawfully gain while here in the US they steal. The same would hold true if I was to break into some ones home and take there money and most of what they own just because there would be 20 million of me does not make it just to steal something that does not belong to me. Mexican Nationals are thefts when they cross the border of The United States illegally. And I don't buy the story Americans don't want the jobs Mexicans do... its just the Mexicans have stolen and taken the jobs Americans would have done. That has been my case about 20 times now.

Edited by KnightofChrist