An Old School Catholic Message Board

Come to our country

Sailahína

Sailahína

I do not belive it is okay to come into another country illigaly but I do belive we should welcome other immagrants here (thats what makes the US such a good country) as long as they are legal and obey our laws.

I really don't like it when they disrespect our flag though...
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/Sailahina/image6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/Sailahina/image9.jpg[/img]

I mean if your going to come into our country, don't fly your flags here....
What do you think?

Truthfully, I think people should be allowed to fly their heritage flags. But not over the American flag.

People should be known as:
American Blacks
American-Africans.
American Cubans
American Mexicans
American Brazilaians
American Hispanics
American Europeans
American Germans
American etc.

Or, depending on your language structure

Black American
African-American
Cuban American
Mexican American
Braziaian American
Hispanic American
European American
German American
etc. American

We're Americans of various heritages, but we share being Americans. Being an American is not just a birth-right, it's also a choice. Americans are catholic in the sense that anyone who chooses to be American and becomes a citizen tommorrow, is as much an American citizen as George Washingtons' great, great, great, great, great, grand-daughter. Come on people, we're not French. :lol_roll: No need to be snooty. :annoyed:

Edited by jasJis

according to international treaty and courtesy, flags of sovereign nations are to be flown at equal height. nothing wrong with flying it for your heritage, but do not put it above or below the American flag.

we fly an Irish flag outside our house next to our American flag.

homeschoolmom

And flying the flag upside down? :ohno: that's a distress signal...

How 'bout we just be Americans?

[quote name='Aloysius' post='970618' date='May 4 2006, 08:09 AM']
according to international treaty and courtesy, flags of sovereign nations are to be flown at equal height. nothing wrong with flying it for your heritage, but do not put it above or below the American flag.

we fly an Irish flag outside our house next to our American flag.
[/quote]

Don't you need multiple poles in your yard?

we don't have a big flagpole, they're smaller poles (but big enough for a normal size flag, you know the type) connected to our porch banister... and yes there are two of them.

Sailahína

yes, I think it is okay to take pride in your heritage.
And I think it is good to welcome [b]legal[/b] immigrants into this country.
But why fly a Mexican flag in America? This is not Mexico, its America, Mexican flags should be flown in Mexico, ya know?

I forgot to mention in the two pics I posted, that happened in Washington, on our own soil...

Edited by Sailahína

Anyone who comes to this country and disrespects our flag does not belong here, period! :annoyed:

I do not want to bother anybody, when was living in USA was treated well by the majority of the people.
But, Because some citizens of USA appropriate of the name of America for did I recount to his country?, America is also Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Peru, Guyana..................
Every community celebrates his holidays and waves his flags, i have seen doing it to Italians and Irishes in New York and Cubanos and Hatians in Miami.
Why is it badly that make it the Mexicans?. The arrival of Mexicans is of justice, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California was of Mexico.
Viva Mexico.

[quote name='ruso' post='971470' date='May 4 2006, 04:20 PM']
I do not want to bother anybody, when was living in USA was treated well by the majority of the people.
But, Because some citizens of USA appropriate of the name of America for did I recount to his country?, America is also Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Peru, Guyana..................
Every community celebrates his holidays and waves his flags, i have seen doing it to Italians and Irishes in New York and Cubanos and Hatians in Miami.
Why is it badly that make it the Mexicans?. The arrival of Mexicans is of justice, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California was of Mexico.
Viva Mexico.
[/quote]
Celebrating one's heritage is one thing.
Disrespecting the flag of the country in which one is living (such as by flying it upside down under the Mexican flag) is another.
If these people hate the U.S., they should go back to Mexico. End of story.

How would you like it if a bunch of Americans moved to Spain, and insulted Spain and its flag?

that;s rediculous. How can you do something like that, disrespecting our country. That is totally un called for! :maddest:

[quote name='Sailahína' post='971405' date='May 4 2006, 04:33 PM']
yes, I think it is okay to take pride in your heritage.
And I think it is good to welcome [b]legal[/b] immigrants into this country.
But why fly a Mexican flag in America? This is not Mexico, its America, Mexican flags should be flown in Mexico, ya know?

I forgot to mention in the two pics I posted, that happened in Washington, on our own soil...
[/quote]
i have the vatican flag in my room. if i have a flag pole i'll fly it.

i'm in the military. i love this country. i put my life on the line for it but don't tell me i can't fly other flags here.

Edited by ReinnieR

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='971602' date='May 4 2006, 06:50 PM']
you know, our flag is a freemasonic symbol...
[/quote]
our flag?