MikeZakYm

MikeZakYm

The Archdiocese of Chicago and
Our Lady Of Victory Parish Present:

Featuring World Renowned Musician & Speaker
Fr. Stan Fortuna
www.francescoproductions.com

Sunday, May 7, 2006
2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Doors open at 1:00 p.m.

Our Lady of Victory Parish Gym and Hall
4434 N. Laramie Avenue
Chicago, IL 60630

For more information: OLVImagoDei@aol.com

Obtain Registration Information via e-mail

Our Lady of Victory Parish is celebrating it’s 100th year anniversary. As part of our mission to promote religious vocations and serve the community, we have created an event that will combine the two. While most vocational conferences are 2 days long, or held in a large convention facility, we hope that you will choose to participate in our 5 hour program. Beginning at 2:00pm and ending at 7:00pm, Sunday, May 7th, 2006, Imago Dei 2006 anticipates 200 participants. (Coincidentally, May 7th is World Day of Prayer for Vocations.)
The Archdiocese of Chicago Vocation Director, Fr. Joe Noonan, and the youth ministers at Our Lady of Victory have offered to host this event to the entire Northwest side of Chicago parishes, and surrounding high school youth ministry organizations. The teens and young adults attending will be those who WANT to be here. There will be time allotted for the participants to have small group “Q&A” with all interested order representatives. Most questions will be prepared in advance, so as not to have you put on the spot. There will be 2 separate breaks for the teens to browse freely, and get a taste of the variety of religious in our area.

Our featured speaker is Fr. Stan Fortuna, world renown for his music and teen ministry. He was a recent youth presenter at the Catholic Festival of Faith, Feb. 17th and 18th. We will have additional speakers, an A/V presentation, Christian music performed by a youth ministry group, a teen mass, and dinner.

If you have any questions, please contact Liz Heinrich, conference coordinator, at OlvlmagoDei@aol.com, or on her cell phone 773-425-2653.

WELCOME TO IMAGO DEl (IMAGE OF GOD) 2006!

DOORS OPEN AT 1:30PM FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS

TO GET REGISTERED AND SETTLED IN FOR THE

AFTERNOON’S MANY SURPRISES. PLEASE WEAR

COMFORTABLE CLOTHES AND SHOES, BUT KINDLY

REMEMBER TO HAVE YOUR CELL PHONES TURNED

OFF FOR THE PRESENTERS, MUSIC, AND MASS.
THE ARCHDIOCESE OF CHICAGO AND OUR LADY OF
VICTORY PARISH OFFER THIS EVENT TO YOU AS

A RESPONSE TO THE CALL WE ALL RECEIVE TO

BECOME CLOSER TO CHRIST.

ENJOY!

Edited by Lil Red

Father Stan is going to be in STL on Wednesday. He's preaching at this special XLT event with adoration and praise and worship, and then giving a concert.

That event in Chicago sounds really neat!

magnificat

[quote name='jgirl' post='967688' date='May 1 2006, 08:06 PM']
Father Stan is going to be in STL on Wednesday. He's preaching at this special XLT event with adoration and praise and worship, and then giving a concert.

That event in Chicago sounds really neat!
[/quote]

Yup! I'd almost forgotten about that...are you going jgirl?

Yeah. I'm not the biggest fan of the two guys doing the music because they tend to be on the cheesy end of praise and worship, but I love Fr. Stan. The Missionaries of Charity are bringing all the teenagers who come, so I am meeting them at CBC.

Edited by jgirl

MikeZakYm

Actually it was posted a month ago as well

Angela, send me your phone # via private e-mail and I will call you Thursday evening with a time we can pick you up on Sunday and arrange a location to pick you up at

Thanks

btw 1/2 month smoke free - will make for an interesting Camp WOW

I'll just have to buy a lot more filet for our STEAK FRY

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='MikeZakYm' post='969882' date='May 3 2006, 02:09 PM']
Actually it was posted a month ago as well

Angela, send me your phone # via private e-mail and I will call you Thursday evening with a time we can pick you up on Sunday and arrange a location to pick you up at

Thanks

btw 1/2 month smoke free - will make for an interesting Camp WOW

I'll just have to buy a lot more filet for our STEAK FRY
[/quote]
I sent an e-mail... :mail:

Congrats! :D: Can't wait to see what camp will be like this year ^_^

TheOliverOrder88

d00ds he just came to my school for a concert...

He was alot better than I thought he would be (I am not a big fan of rap...much less rapping priests)...but nevertheless he was good speaker and entertainer.

He also talked about vocations...and they had an altar call for those thinking about the religious. I, of course, went up there.

:D: I just adore father stan. He is sooooooo funny. I loved seeing him last year at convention. He really reaches out to people of my age group. I love his musica too. Muy Bien

[quote name='TheOliverOrder88' post='970436' date='May 3 2006, 10:20 PM']
d00ds he just came to my school for a concert...

He was alot better than I thought he would be (I am not a big fan of rap...much less rapping priests)...but nevertheless he was good speaker and entertainer.

He also talked about vocations...and they had an altar call for those thinking about the religious. I, of course, went up there.
[/quote]
I was there last night. I agree, he was very good, too. The MC kids loved it, especially since he's way better live than on his cds (we listen to Sacro Song 1 pretty much everyday at summer camp)