An Old School Catholic Message Board

obviously natural law?

dairygirl4u2c

obviously natural law?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

they should be. sinfulness obscures peoples' views and confuses them about it, however, which is why there are disagreements about it.

Theoketos

DG you need anouther option!

The natural law is written on the Heart of Man. (Synderesis)

However, invincible ignorance, caused by such things as habitual sin and cuntral contexts, obviously obscure them.

I had to vote n, I assume short speak for no, because of (partial) invincible ignorance, though I have to qualify this by positing that ingnorance is never totally invinciable. To the degree that it the ignorance was conquerable is the degree to which the person could be culpable, assuming they had full use of their will and it was sinful matter.

So evil (malum) is still commited, but a sin (culpa) may not have been.

MichaelFilo

Regardless of confusion of what is and isn't natural law, it is written in men's heart's and that those who lead pure lives will always be in touch with this reality.

God bless,
Mikey

blovedwolfofgod

I put who knows, because as a result of the fall, our intellects are darkened and our bodies made infirm. What may seem okay for one person (abortion) is a very gross violation of natural law... but to the darkened person, it wont necessarily be obvious.

[quote] sinfulness obscures peoples' views and confuses them about it[/quote]

If those who are confused don't know they're confused, how do people who are not confused know whether they are confused or not? And if all people are sinners, doesn't that mean everyone is confused?