An Old School Catholic Message Board

What would you say if your priest

Resurrexi

If your parish priest went up to you and said "in the future there will be priestesses" you respond?  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And that response, Tyler, is why you're phishy- not so much the heretical part, that's correct but it's how you said it.

Female ordination never was, isn't, and never will be possible. Christ, His Church and its Popes have spoken. Period.

goldenchild17

If one cannot be openly angry with heresy and still be considered orthodox, that is certainly no church I would ever want to represent.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1150578' date='Dec 27 2006, 05:37 PM']
If one cannot be openly angry with heresy and still be considered orthodox, that is certainly no church I would ever want to represent.
[/quote]
One can be angry and NOT rude at the same time.

This actually happened at some parish event during the time those women on the boat were on the news. My spontaneous response was: Oh please, Donne moi une break. :blush:

It was not our pastor but some visiting priest who said it.

[quote name='Pia' post='1151030' date='Dec 28 2006, 07:16 PM']
This actually happened at some parish event during the time those women on the boat were on the news. My spontaneous response was: Oh please, Donne moi une break. :blush:

It was not our pastor but some visiting priest who said it.
[/quote]

egh - that would make me sick

Knight of the Holy Rosary

[quote]Female ordination never was, isn't, and never will be possible. Christ, His Church and its Popes have spoken. Period.[/quote]

Amen.

I did not realize this topic was still alive....

...I think it was 'St. Thomas MOore' that informed me I am a

heretic? Funny that a "Seperated Brethren" is calling me a heretic...hmmm.

Bottom line is...if they change the rules..as in the Church..changes the rules, I have the right to be happy about all some or none of those changes, ...but until then...I am obedient, I love the Catholic Church..for the good and the bad.

Because..if the rules are changed...no heretic here, and besides, I am not out signing up to be an ordained anything today ..as ..it is not allowed,

...Change frightens people, but , sometimes change is needed..., sometimes it's not......never examining if there is a need....is not loyalty....it is ignorance. Ignorance is not innocence bu sin...haha.

peace~

Edited by SanctifyMe

VeniteAdoremus

If the deaconate becomes open to women, I'll be the first in the line! But the priesthood - no. Couldn't imagine that to be my vocation.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1152335' date='Dec 30 2006, 02:36 PM']
If the deaconate becomes open to women, I'll be the first in the line! But the priesthood - no. Couldn't imagine that to be my vocation.
[/quote]

I am with you there....I have no desire to be a priest...but a deacon ..if it opens up...could be really really cool....

goldenchild17

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1150591' date='Dec 27 2006, 05:53 PM']
One can be angry and NOT rude at the same time.
[/quote]

So rudeness excludes someone from being included in your church? That would seem to exclude pretty much a vast majority of the greatest saints we've ever had. While imprudent at times and uncalled for a lot, no way is rudeness something that is nonexistent in the Catholic Church, nor does it bar someone from being Catholic.

[quote name='SanctifyMe' post='1152310' date='Dec 30 2006, 04:54 PM']
I did not realize this topic was still alive....

...I think it was 'St. Thomas MOore' that informed me I am a

heretic? Funny that a "Seperated Brethren" is calling me a heretic...hmmm.

Bottom line is...if they change the rules..as in the Church..changes the rules, I have the right to be happy about all some or none of those changes, ...but until then...I am obedient, I love the Catholic Church..for the good and the bad.

Because..if the rules are changed...no heretic here, and besides, I am not out signing up to be an ordained anything today ..as ..it is not allowed,

...Change frightens people, but , sometimes change is needed..., sometimes it's not......never examining if there is a need....is not loyalty....it is ignorance. Ignorance is not innocence bu sin...haha.

peace~
[/quote]

This rule is not able to be changed. Women cannot be ordained priests (or deacons as this is a function of the sacrement of Holy Orders) The sacrement of Holy Orders, if preformed on a woman, will have no affect, and, by tryinng, the bishop and woman (women) involed would have automatically invoked excommunication on themselves.

[quote name='Ordinatio Sacerdotalis: His Holiness Pope John Paul II; X Kalends of June anno Domini MCMXCIV']Wherefore, in order that all doubt may be removed regarding a matter of great importance, a matter which pertains to the Church's divine constitution itself, in virtue of my ministry of confirming the brethren (cf. Lk 22:32) I declare that the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women and that this judgment is to be definitively held by all the Church's faithful.[/quote]

Edited by StThomasMore

[quote name='Chrysostomos' post='1152708' date='Dec 30 2006, 10:37 PM']
This rule is not able to be changed. Women cannot be ordained priests (or deacons as this is a function of the sacrement of Holy Orders) The sacrement of Holy Orders, if preformed on a woman, will have no affect, and, by tryinng, the bishop and woman (women) involed would have automatically invoked excommunication on themselves.
[/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"]
[color="#663366"]This may be a infantile question.....but, If the pope makes a decision to change a rule/law/doctrine, isn't it basically set in stone?

therefore; in theory ....if The pope/ a pope, some pope sometime...made such a decison, how would it not be 'valid'...?

Change is not bad...if it is attained through the proper channels, and I am not able to argue cannon law, or ancient doctrine ..I don't have the foundation yet..., I love being Catholic and stand by whatever we are held to...however....I am disgusted when fundamentals beging to stand alone.....when doctrine is supreme, and all encompasing, when we miss the point, when we forget what Jesus stood for, and get lost in the 'letter of the law'....it has its very important place, but seriously... I guess I am not satiated by; "this will never happen because of this document',, that is fine and great but I am more into the kind of debate where people have the courage to consider the possibility and look at both sides..., .

Is everyone here content with ....It shall remain the way it has always been? If it ain't broke don't fix it?

How is it that so many other religions are ordaining women, even some that are fairly orthodox?
(And no the answer is not: because they are all heretics)

...truly, I am not asking for Cannon law refrerences, or even scriptural references, I guess what I wonder is why everyone is afraid to talk about it without hiding behind Church Doctrine?

What would Phatmass have looked like Prior to Vatican II?? ...What kind of resistance would have resulted? Would those in favor have been lynched?

I love this community..but , the narrowmindedness gets tiresome, ..but we are a diverse group.

Again..I don't have any desire to be a priest..., but someone needs to speak for the possiblity of change... so speak I do.. (It must be the Franciscan in me coming out~)

Peace,[/color][/font]

[quote]This may be a infantile question.....but, If the pope makes a decision to change a rule/law/doctrine, isn't it basically set in stone?[/quote]
Not if said law be not regarding Faith or Morals.

[quote]therefore; in theory ....if The pope/ a pope, some pope sometime...made such a decison, how would it not be 'valid'...?[/quote]

It wouldn't be possible. It could never happen becuase it has been infallibly defined that the Church has no right to ordain women. If a pope allowed women to be ordained it would mean he was not validly elected pope and would therefore be an antipope.

[quote]How is it that so many other religions are ordaining women, even some that are fairly orthodox?
(And no the answer is not: because they are all heretics)[/quote]

No religion is orthodox except Catholicism. Catholicism is verily and completely orthodox, and no other religion is even slightly orthodox.
And yes, the answer is, they can 'ordain' women in their silly invalid ceremonies becuase they are all heretics and therefore have no infallible magesterium, nor do they have any sanctifying grace.

[quote]What would Phatmass have looked like Prior to Vatican II?? ...What kind of resistance would have resulted? Would those in favor have been lynched? [/quote]

The Second General Council of the Vatican didn't change anything, though you could say there were many post-Vatican II changes, nothing really changed during the Council.