An Old School Catholic Message Board

What would you say if your priest

Resurrexi

If your parish priest went up to you and said "in the future there will be priestesses" you respond?  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Fulton Sheen Warrior' post='1119330' date='Nov 13 2006, 10:12 PM']
+JMJ+
You mean like Scripture never said we could Tradition says we never have and the Magesteriums says we never will?
[/quote]

I am copying that line!!!

VeniteAdoremus

Once I was Confessing while on holiday, so not in my native tongue and with a priest I didn't know. He asked me about my activities in Church, and later commented that if the people from a couple of centuries in the future would look back at my activities and that of other women in the Church, they would see it as steps in the line of women becoming priests. (He didn't say he agreed with that, though.)

I was like :blink:

And said "I don't think I'll live to see that day." (Because honestly, you DON'T want to get into that discussion during Confession, apart from that he's a priest and I don't like talking back to priests. In a strange language.)

After which he did give me a good penance and some things I could really work with. :idontknow:

[quote name='WillT' post='1119440' date='Nov 14 2006, 12:14 AM']
"carp your pants" wasn't on the list. :mellow:
[/quote]

I beleive the latin terminology for this is "encoparesis".

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1119759' date='Nov 14 2006, 01:04 PM']
I beleive the latin terminology for this is "encoparesis".
[/quote]

Yeah, that too.

Catholictothecore

The day women truly and in the eyes of God become priests is the day a child can naturally be concieved through a homosexual "union." Sorry folks, but it just ain't happening. According to the Church, and in the words of Fr. John Corapi, women priests are "a metaphysical impossability."

Honestly I would reply 'I disagree' because I would not openly contradict a priest out of respect, however I would ask the priest if this was or was not, in his opinion, infallibly defined, then ask if something that is infallibly defined can one day change...

I might say something to the effect of 'I believe you are mistaken'. Definately would find words to respectfully disagree with him.

Is it the place of a laity person to correct a priest?

• 2 weeks later...