An Old School Catholic Message Board

What would you say if your priest

Resurrexi

If your parish priest went up to you and said "in the future there will be priestesses" you respond?  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='God Conquers' post='984429' date='May 18 2006, 10:08 AM']
FIght him.
[/quote]

Swords?

Desert Walker

I would prefer swords to pistols (less complicated upkeep). Be careful not to pick up a crossbow in exasperation though. Those were banned by the pope in the days of yore; back when Christians used to fight each-other's dukes and nobles. :topsy:

Swords are definitely preferable to pistols, in my book. Not because of the upkeep, either ... they're just so much more poetic in a duel setting. With a pistol, one shot and it's over (or at least, it could be over, depending on the marksmanship of the shooter). With swords, it's a true test of superiority, a more holistic approach to dueling.

Desert Walker

[quote name='Sojourner' post='984506' date='May 18 2006, 10:00 AM']
Swords are definitely preferable to pistols, in my book. Not because of the upkeep, either ... they're just so much more poetic in a duel setting. With a pistol, one shot and it's over (or at least, it could be over, depending on the marksmanship of the shooter). With swords, it's a true test of superiority, a more holistic approach to dueling.
[/quote]

I emphatically agree.

toledo_jesus

do you realize how much it takes in the way of [i]cojones[/i] not to duck when someone fires a pistol at you? If you want to get into the noble futility of dueling, two educated men taking turns shooting at each other from close range is tops.

journeyman

[quote name='thessalonian' post='968652' date='May 2 2006, 02:13 PM']
I did hear a priest say that in a sermon. After the sermon I went up to him and basically said "when hell freezes over". Though maybe the better answer is "when the gates of hell prevail".
[/quote]

How about this morning to the 1st communion candidates . . . following up the question "what do you want to be when you grow up" . . . which he tied nicely into the readings, by the way . . . but I digress . . . in giving examples . . . astronaut, doctor, lawyer, priest, first married priest, first female priest, mechanic . . .

retired parochial vicar and 48 years ordained . . .

[quote name='toledo_jesus' post='985581' date='May 19 2006, 06:48 PM']
do you realize how much it takes in the way of [i]cojones[/i] not to duck when someone fires a pistol at you? If you want to get into the noble futility of dueling, two educated men taking turns shooting at each other from close range is tops.
[/quote]

Yeah, but you could end up with a lucky win/loss. One fluky shot and it's over. It hardly determines the better fighter. I'm voting for the swords.

Then again, I'm not much of a gun man myself. I say we fight with tacos, so very tasty and good for you,.

[quote name='toledo_jesus' post='985581' date='May 19 2006, 08:48 PM']
[/quote]
I'm not saying it's not noble, just that it isn't as epic as a swordfight. Or something.

heavenseeker

even though it will never happen or I should say i would hope it will never happen i think that if it ever would there would be a huge controversy(sp?) about it but in time we would just have to learn to accept it despise(sp?) how much we dont like it. But we should never have to wory about that ever happening.

I'd say this "That is impossible since it has been infallably defined that only men can be priests" but in my mind and my letter to my Bishop may go something more like this "You heretic! You accursed horrible priest! You deserve to be solemnly excommunicated and never be allowed to say Mass, hear Confessions, Administer the Sacraments, give spiritual advice, or preach again!" Probably without the "You accursed horrible priest!" and "again" thus never would become not.

Edited by JJMG2001

I would say then end is near. I think this will happen. Of course they wont really be Priests and he wont be talking talking about the True Church. But many Saints have foretold a time when a mock Church will be thought to be the Mystical body and horrible blasphemies will occurr. I am not ready for the 3 days.

[size=1][color="330000"]What would I say to the priest?

"THE DA VINCI CODE IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE TOO!!!!!!!???"
[/color][/size] :ohno:

Edited by CrossCuT

• 5 months later...
Fulton Sheen Warrior

+JMJ+

[quote]+

I'd tell him that's he's wrong and why.[/quote]

You mean like Scripture never said we could Tradition says we never have and the Magesteriums says we never will?