An Old School Catholic Message Board

God's will or mine?

SeekingHisPlan

SeekingHisPlan

As far as the kneeling for Communion goes, I'm not *too* overly concerned that my motives are misplaced. It's something that unfolded over a long time, with much thought.

To begin with, it was longing for the Eucharist that finally got my fallen-away butt to confession and Mass for the first time in a while. Then, as I was reverting, I just kept being struck by such wonder when I received the sacrament.

I started genuflecting before receiving, but even at that point, I would rather have knelt. I was hesitant to do it because I knew it was not a widespread practice, and that it was tacitly (or otherwise) discouraged in some places. :( Anyway, one day, one of the older ladies in the parish got into a conversation with me about posture when receiving. It ended with her basically telling me, "If what is on your heart is to kneel, stop being so chicken and do what God is telling you!" (Nancy doesn't mince words. :))

I gave it a lot of consideration in prayer, and then I did start kneeling. It wasn't an issue for months, and then all of a sudden, people started to take issue with it. :idontknow: :idontknow:

I do want to revisit this in prayer and with my SD, along with my desire to cover my head at Mass. I'm not as sure about my motives for that one, so I've held off until I can clarify things in thought and prayer.

Edited by SeekingHisPlan

[quote name='SeekingHisPlan' post='959073' date='Apr 24 2006, 12:44 PM']
I do want to revisit this in prayer and with my SD, along with my desire to cover my head at Mass. I'm not as sure about my motives for that one, so I've held off until I can clarify things in thought and prayer.
[/quote]
It sounds like you're really headed in the right direction (which can only lead you closer to HIM!). Prayers of courage, wisdom, and peace for you! :)