An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women should not wear Pants

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='missionarybelle' date='Apr 17 2006, 04:29 PM']For one, I have had guys tell me that they are less tempted to look at a woman's backside inapropriately if they are in a skirt than if they are in jeans.[right][snapback]951232[/snapback][/right][/quote]one could argue that is because men always see women in pants, not being feminine. and then when they do see them being feminine, they are more tempted.

[b]*not that i really believe that, but it's an interesting point*[/b]

Edited by Lil Red

[quote name='Colleen' date='Apr 17 2006, 05:58 PM']Buy us more skirts to wear. And then we might bake pies for you. :mellow:
[right][snapback]951254[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Are your pies that good?

I think that in some cases I'd rather just not see the person at all than get pies...

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Apr 17 2006, 06:59 PM']Are your pies that good?

I think that in some cases I'd rather just not see the person at all than get pies...
[right][snapback]951258[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:annoyed:

My pies are good.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 17 2006, 01:25 PM']its a cultural things. men Wore Robes yes. but the dress of men and women were different.

unlike today, where women where the same clothes as men,  and women  think that they are the same as men.
[right][snapback]950937[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That is not true EENS and you know it. Stop treating women as though they have no right to choose what they want to wear. If women want to be tom boys, that is their right, just as long as they know that God made them girls for a reason. I don't know why you see women as wearing jeans as such a bad thing, but this is the 21st century.

(Sam, did something change with your posting situation? Welcome back).

Strong opinion here...

At least Cardinal Siri writes in a detached manner. I agree in part.
I saw a copy of Bishop Williamson's farewell-to-the-US poem. The only thing he had to say to the females was to not wear pants. The men got much counsel; no wonder feminism came into vogue. It will again in Trad circles if some of these people do not get a clue.

Sungenis writes like a 7 part article on why women should cover their heads and the whole analyzing the women's dress is again shoved down our wicked throats. It only took one line from Scripture on head covering to convince me - and so they treat women like stupid nomads in the process as well.

I know Catholics who were around in the 50's and 40's and they assert that the dumpy too-big jumpers seen today on many Trad women, eyes cast down, is NOT Catholic; hiding your feminity (playing down one's curve) for fear of tempting someone out of some skewed notion of modesty is Protestant. And pants on women are NOT a sin.

Now: if people have the means and station (retired professor single woman) to dress always in a dress; if they have mastered the amount and kinds of leg-warming material needed for winter; if they've the funds and enough presence of mind to devote themselvesto this, God bless them.

By and large, people have much bigger fish to fry than this; and I say truly that it can be an un-carryable burden.

I also think that today there are purity policemen who know far too much about what is clinging and all the rest. Cast your eyes down, what in the hell are you looking so closely at every woman for?

Edited by Donna

amandaplus5

[quote]That is not true EENS and you know it. Stop treating women as though they have no right to choose what they want to wear. If women want to be tom boys, that is their right, just as long as they know that God made them girls for a reason. I don't know why you see women as wearing jeans as such a bad thing, but this is the 21st century.[/quote]

Thank you!!!!!! You are officially my hero! :lol: I'd like to add that it is very easy to be totally against women wearing pants when you're not a woman and you can wear whatever you like.

missionarybelle

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Apr 17 2006, 04:57 PM']one could argue that is because men always see women in pants, not being feminine. and then when they do see them being feminine, they are more tempted.

*not that i really believe that, but it's an interesting point*
[right][snapback]951252[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

did you read my post right?

Edited by missionarybelle

JMJ
4/17 - Bright Monday
[quote name='dUSt' date='Apr 17 2006, 02:39 PM']I don't think women should wear pants. It's never too cold for some Daisy Dukes.
[right][snapback]951107[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'll drink to that.

"Pants...so...ITCHY!!! Don't you just HATE pants?!?!" -H. Simpson

[quote name='Anthony' date='Apr 17 2006, 06:10 PM']That is not true EENS and you know it.  Stop treating women as though they have no right to choose what they want to wear.  If women want to be tom boys, that is their right, just as long as they know that God made them girls for a reason.  I don't know why you see women as wearing jeans as such a bad thing, but this is the 21st century.
[right][snapback]951277[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
lol. you sounds like one of those liberals. Men and women are different. to display this, they should wear different styles of clothing. Truth stands outside of time.

[quote name='Donna' date='Apr 17 2006, 06:11 PM'](Sam, did something change with your posting situation? Welcome back).

Strong opinion here...

At least Cardinal Siri writes in a detached manner. I agree in part.
I saw a copy of Bishop Williamson's farewell-to-the-US poem. The only thing he had to say to the females was to not wear pants. The men got much counsel; no wonder feminism came into vogue. It will again in Trad circles if some of these people do not get a clue.

Sungenis writes like a 7 part article on why women should cover their heads and the whole analyzing the women's dress is again shoved down our wicked throats. It only took one line from Scripture on head covering to convince me - and so they treat women like stupid nomads in the process as well.

I know Catholics who were around in the 50's and 40's and they assert that the dumpy too-big jumpers seen today on many Trad women, eyes cast down, is NOT Catholic; hiding your feminity (playing down one's curve) for fear of tempting someone out of some skewed notion of modesty is Protestant. And pants on women are NOT a sin.

Now: if people have the means and station (retired professor single woman) to dress always in a dress; if they have mastered the amount and kinds of leg-warming material needed for winter; if they've the funds and enough presence of mind to devote themselvesto this, God bless them.

By and large, people have much bigger fish to fry than this; and I say truly that it can be an un-carryable burden.

I also think that today there are purity policemen who know far too much about what is clinging and all the rest. Cast your eyes down, what in the hell are you looking so closely at every woman for?
[right][snapback]951278[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So bieng modest is now Protestant? [b][color=red]EDIT[/color] [/b]

not tempting people? i bet that is protestant too right?

The Blessed Virgin would not be pleased to hear that! :ohno:

Edited by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

homeschoolmom

My kids and I just finished a history chapter on the Iranian revolution and the Ayotollah Khomeini. Dang if I wasn't reminded of this thread while I was reading....

[img]http://www.ocregister.com/blog/commentary/uploaded_images/khomeini-717872.jpeg[/img]

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 17 2006, 06:28 PM']My kids and I just finished a history chapter on the Iranian revolution and the Ayotollah Khomeini. Dang if I wasn't reminded of this thread while I was reading....

[img]http://www.ocregister.com/blog/commentary/uploaded_images/khomeini-717872.jpeg[/img]
[right][snapback]951293[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

do not be ridiculous. i don't believe in burkas, and that nonsense.

EvangelineLaFay

Being a woman, I cannot say I agree with the Cardinal. I think that women should be able to wear trousers--within reason.

If the pants are designed for women to wear, and they are modest and cover the body properly without being too tight or showing too much, then they should be okay. It's the girls who wear skirts up to their rears that are bad.

Eva