An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women should not wear Pants

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Sam, I haven't read this all the way through, but do be careful of saying it's a sinful act (almost sounds like you're saying intrinsically evil) just because that's more New Natural Law than the traditional theory.

In traditional theory you can't call anything intrinsically sinful (though intrinsically evil). If we had time or the right thread, I could explain why this is important. :)

Saint Joan of Arc...pray for him.....

I think you are being riddiculous. Slacks are practical.

To be honest.... I think they actually prevent me from sinning....skirts are so restrictive and if you move wrong you can accidentally give the world a show. :( Unless you have them soo long you can't walk in them. And if they are even to the knee I am sooooo self conscious that they will fly up...So then what I do is wear tight skirts....then I am paranoid that I am leading men into sin.
BTW...have you ever tried to ski or rollerblade in a skirt? It is not possible unless it is really short. NO thanks. I

Besides, my pants are decidedly feminine. No man woud be caught Dead in them, let alone be able to fit in them....they are cut for a woman...you know...with hips? Besides that I have yet to have a job in which wearing a skirt was actually a feasable option. I mean I have worked in factories, and in construction, and in wholesale greenhouses.
Skirts are just not practical, to have enough room to move in they would have to have enough flare and would be a safety hazard :(

I am a woman, and I am proud of being a woman, but I do not think that wearing pants, or doing work that requires me to wear pants makes me less of a woman. I am strong and independent but I am ALL woman, no pair of pants can even dent that.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='dUSt' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:39 PM']I don't think women should wear pants. It's never too cold for some Daisy Dukes.
[right][snapback]951107[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Obviously a Texan...

amandaplus5

[quote]Saint Joan of Arc...pray for him.....

I think you are being riddiculous. Slacks are practical.

To be honest.... I think they actually prevent me from sinning....skirts are so restrictive and if you move wrong you can accidentally give the world a show.Ā  Unless you have them soo long you can't walk in them. And if they are even to the knee I am sooooo self conscious that they will fly up...So then what I do is wear tight skirts....then I am paranoid that I am leading men into sin.
BTW...have you ever tried to ski or rollerblade in a skirt? It is not possible unless it is really short. NO thanks. I

Besides, my pants are decidedly feminine. No man woud be caught Dead in them, let alone be able to fit in them....they are cut for a woman...you know...with hips? Besides that I have yet to have a job in which wearing a skirt was actually a feasable option. I mean I have worked in factories, and in construction, and in wholesale greenhouses.
Skirts are just not practical, to have enough room to move in they would have to have enough flare and would be a safety hazardĀ 

I am a woman, and I am proud of being a woman, but I do not think that wearing pants, or doing work that requires me to wear pants makes me less of a woman. I am strong and independent but I am ALL woman, no pair of pants can even dent that.[/quote]

Well said. :clap:

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Apr 17 2006, 04:48 PM']What is the reasoning behind saying that no woman should wear pants?
[right][snapback]951125[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Because apparently, it is an "abuse" at Mass for women to be wearing pants.

Is that why Sam says it's wrong? I would thought there's more reasoning behind it...:huh:

Well, if that's the case, how come it's an abuse?

Man you should see the butt-skimming skirts I saw in Church last summer....If they bent down I could see underwear...it it would have been any shorter it would have been a belt.

Yikes.

But apparently pants are worse.

[quote name='Balthazor' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:54 PM']Man you should see the butt-skimming skirts I saw in Church last summer....If they bent down I could see underwear...it it would have been any shorter it would have been a belt.

Yikes.

But apparently pants are worse.
[right][snapback]951135[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Is that what Sam's saying? I don't remember reading it so far...

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

i never said it was a liturgical abuse :lol_roll:

i said it was innipropriate. my reasons are outlined in the other thread.

amandaplus5

[quote]it has nothing to do with tradition. it has more to do with wether it is a sin or not.

i think it is. [/quote]

Not only do you think it's inappropriate, but apparently you also think it's a sin. :ohno:

JudgedByGod

As a women, I am quite happy wearing skirts. You have to agree that they do make you feel more feminine. I will admit that I do wear pants on cold winter days when I would rather not have have snow on my legs or if I'm doing dirty work outside. It would also be easier if clothing stores would actually carry long skirts or if I had time to figure out how to make them myself.

I personally choose to wear long skirts quite often and in the summer I'll wear shorter skirts (below the knee). I do feel more like a women and they are more modest. Most pants are tight in places that shouldn't be so revealing and I never feel feminine, but rather like a business women. I feel most modest when I wear skirts and no matter what, I will not wear pants to mass. I'm not saying that all women should be required to wear skirts and dresses, but I think they should give them a try and see what kind of difference it makes.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:59 PM']i never said it was a liturgical abuseĀ  :lol_roll:

i said it was innipropriate. my reasons are outlined in the other thread.
[right][snapback]951140[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, but my two term papers on Nietzsche are making me too lazy to read the other thread. :P: