An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women should not wear Pants

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Apr 17 2006, 01:53 PM']Sorry to dissapoint you.

I'm not sure how much research you've done into this, but your answer would suggest: very little.

In Christ's time women and men wore almost exactly the same garments. In fact, the robes of women and men were interchangeable, depending on the size of the man or woman.

The only clear "clothing" difference for the vast majority of the populace was that women wore mantles and men did not.
[right][snapback]950997[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i was doing more research into Roman Dress.

Birgitta Noel

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 17 2006, 01:57 PM']yeah thats a releveant argument. [sarcasm]

especially since St. Thomas, and Cardinal Siri and all the trads i know are children. [more sarcasm]
[right][snapback]951002[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I wasn't refering to St. Thomas or the Cardinal....

[quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='Apr 17 2006, 02:00 PM']I wasn't refering to St. Thomas or the Cardinal....
[right][snapback]951009[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

well than what exactly are you referring to?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 17 2006, 02:06 PM']if you think you know better than the Cardinal then post. if not, then shut up.
[right][snapback]950895[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I am a most grevious sinner. I deserve to rot in the pits of hell for the sins I have committed against the Lord and against his Holy Church.

But Sam, you have no place to say anything at all. AT ALL.

[b]IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THE HOLY FATHER, THE HOLDER OF THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, THEN POST. IF NOT, THEN SHUT UP.[/b]

Take your own medicine. You ALWAYS act in a manner which appears to us that you think yourself to know better than the Holy Father, yet you accuse us of thinking to know better than a Cardinal?

Pardon me whilst I laugh [b]at[/b] you :biglol:

Sam, I want to be patient with you. I like you. I think you are a cool guy. But your hypocracy makes my heart pain so much for you.

[quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='Apr 17 2006, 02:05 PM']YOU!  :annoyed:
[right][snapback]951017[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

you are referring to me, becuase i agree with Cardinal Siri, and St. Thomas?

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 17 2006, 12:57 PM']Men wore Tunics and togas. Women only wore Togas.

im not here to judge your feminity.

[right][snapback]951002[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Actually, you are by posting a topic such as this.

Guest The Price of Independence

I think women should burn their pants. And why not? I would think that dresses and skirts would be preferable anyways. Enough with the blurring of gender lines.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Apr 17 2006, 02:06 PM']I am a most grevious sinner. I deserve to rot in the pits of hell for the sins I have committed against the Lord and against his Holy Church.

But Sam, you have no place to say anything at all. AT ALL. 

[b]IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THE HOLY FATHER, THE HOLDER OF THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, THEN POST. IF NOT, THEN SHUT UP.[/b]

Take your own medicine. You ALWAYS act in a manner which appears to us that you think yourself to know better than the Holy Father, yet you accuse us of thinking to know better than a Cardinal?

Pardon me whilst I laugh [b]at[/b] you  :biglol:

Sam, I want to be patient with you. I like you. I think you are a cool guy. But your hypocracy makes my heart pain so much for you.
[right][snapback]951018[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

you are bieng quite ridiculous. I do not know better than the Holy Father.

but when the Holy Father Teaches things that are quite contrary to the Faith Taught for the other 2,000 years of christian History, well that is when we have a problem.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:08 PM']you are bieng quite ridiculous. I do not know better than the Holy Father.

but when the Holy Father Teaches things that are quite contrary to the Faith Taught for the other 2,000 years of christian History, well that is when we have a problem.
[right][snapback]951024[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Who are you to decide that something is contrary to Tradition? Please, pray tell, what qualifies you more than the Holy Father to decide this?

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Apr 17 2006, 02:09 PM']Who are you to decide that something is contrary to Tradition? Please, pray tell, what qualifies you more than the Holy Father to decide this?
[right][snapback]951026[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Not I. Bishops of the church.

Archbishop Lefebvre.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:11 PM']Not I. Bishops of the church.

Archbishop Lefebvre.
[right][snapback]951027[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Then, although you cannot speak for His Excellency, what qualifies him more than the Holy Father?

Sam, you seem to be missing the point. It is the office of the Pope to teach. He will not and cannot teach contrary to the Faith. It doesnt matter how you feel about it.

You are forced to either contend that Jesus has this master plan to deceive most of the Church with "novelties" or that the Church has truly fallen away, and I am sure that you would not contend either of these things.

The Cardinal is a putz. He makes assumptions about what wearing pants means to a woman and to those around her and her phsychology and society in general. Way too far reaching of a conclusion with little evidence. It's the Cardinal's opinion, nothing else. If I was Catholic, I for one would ignore it as a Catholic. As a non-Catholic, I laugh at the absurdity. He should have been doing something more fruitful like making sure the priests that just came out of the Seminary in the 60's were'nt pedophiles or homosexuals. Maybe it was the woman's pants that caused all that.

Birgitta Noel

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 17 2006, 02:06 PM']you are referring to me, becuase i agree with Cardinal Siri, and St. Thomas?
[right][snapback]951019[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
No, because you are acting like a child, a disobedient, obstinate child who cannot see beyond the glass, or cannot discern exactly what is in the mirror. If you could you'd be surprized.

Sam, you are clearly an intelligent young man, however you do yourself a disservice by some of your topics and posts.

There is a reason I am a Catholic feminist (and before you go accusing me of being anti-life, etc. you'd do well to find out what that means!); to combat ideas such as the ones you espouse so that women will be treated with equal dignity and respect, regardless of the cut of their trousers!

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Apr 17 2006, 02:13 PM']Then, although you cannot speak for His Excellency, what qualifies him more than the Holy Father?

Sam, you seem to be missing the point.  It is the office of the Pope to teach. He will not and cannot teach contrary to the Faith. It doesnt matter how you feel about it.

You are forced to either contend that Jesus has this master plan to deceive most of the Church with "novelties" or that the Church has truly fallen away, and I am sure that you would not contend either of these things.
[right][snapback]951030[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

that funny. John XXII a pope held heretical views as pope. but never defined these views ex cathedra.

[quote name='jasJis' date='Apr 17 2006, 02:13 PM']The Cardinal is a putz.  He makes assumptions about what wearing pants means to a woman and to those around her and her phsychology and society in general.  Way too far reaching of a conclusion with little evidence.  It's the Cardinal's opinion, nothing else.  If I was Catholic, I for one would ignore it as a Catholic.  As a non-Catholic, I laugh at the absurdity.  He should have been doing something more fruitful like making sure the priests that just came out of the Seminary in the 60's were'nt pedophiles or homosexuals.  Maybe it was the woman's pants that caused all that.
[right][snapback]951031[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

don't be ridiculous.

Don't be ridiculous.