An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgical Abuse

Resurrexi

Have you noticed liturgical abuse (besides non-veiled women) at your indult (If you dont attend attend an indult TLM, please dont vote)?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

son_of_angels

Not sure if this is an abuse, but the priest at the indult I attend in Michigan obstinately refuses to chant the epistle, and so reads it, even when incense and chant are used.

It just doesn't make sense.

Also not sure if this an abuse, since it was not proactively forbidden in the publication of the new edition of the Tridentine Missal, but at the Fraternity masses I attend, they still say the Confiteor before the Communion rite.

MilesChristi

Yes, I've noticed occasional abuses but nothing major. The servers recite the Confiteor right before Communion although that is not prescribed in the 1962 missal. One of the priests does not use his biretta.

That's all I've noticed....needless to say, I'm very happy with the state of my parish. :)

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

i think the servers might reciet the 2nd confietor, but im not close enough so i can't here. im really not sure.

sometimes when the gospel is really long the deacon reads it in english.

oh my... u mean the TLM has abuses too???? and to think the way some of these trads speak, it is as if the TLM is never abused....

[quote name='dspen2005' date='Apr 16 2006, 05:44 PM']oh my... u mean the TLM has abuses too????  and to think the way some of these trads speak, it is as if the TLM is never abused....
[right][snapback]949336[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You just shot a hole in their whole argument.....HOW DARE YOU!!!????

That makes my life a lot easier, thanks for the Easter gift!!!!! :P:

(as if I didn't know that already)

son_of_angels

O get off it!

If the TLM didn't have "abuses" though I would call them, like the Novus Ordo, simply "misinterpretations" then it would be preformed like and by robots, because no one's perfect. Most of the support for the TLM, including my own, is for the spirituality and orthodoxy it supports, not for some fallen notion of perfection. True, it's an opening of heaven to Earth, but only to the gate, and only a faith-perceived participation therein. Otherwise we are poor sinners standing around so awesome a mystery.

I'll take the "trad" name thank you, as an avid supporter of the Tridentine Mass, and you can leave your disparaging comments beside my St. Pius X portrait. I'll look over them after the Leonine prayers.

I think the Novus Ordo gives the impression that it lends itself to abuses more than the Tridentine Mass.

I personally accept that it's hard to have Mass without abuses, but now adays most of the Tridentine Masses do not...for if someone goes to that much trouble for the Mass, why would he ruin it with abuses when the Novus Ordo (in my opinion) is easier, especially with some of the people who attend?

goldenchild17

I'm not really sure if my parish has abuses or not. I have noticed some small things that I am checking into, but for the most part I am just happy to get out of the mess I was in before I went to the Latin Mass. But I have extreme doubts of another nature about the Indult right now and will likely switch to another nearby parish as soon as I can.

Edited by goldenchild17

[quote name='son_of_angels' date='Apr 16 2006, 11:15 PM']O get off it!

If the TLM didn't have "abuses" though I would call them, like the Novus Ordo, simply "misinterpretations" then it would be preformed like and by robots, because no one's perfect.  Most of the support for the TLM, including my own, is for the spirituality and orthodoxy it supports, not for some fallen notion of perfection.  True, it's an opening of heaven to Earth, but only to the gate, and only a faith-perceived participation therein. Otherwise we are poor sinners standing around so awesome a mystery.

I'll take the "trad" name thank you, as an avid supporter of the Tridentine Mass, and you can leave your disparaging comments beside my St. Pius X portrait.  I'll look over them after the Leonine prayers.
[right][snapback]949989[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Now apply that to the Missa Normativa and you are on the right track.

"If the [i]Missa Normativa[/i] didn't have "abuses" though I would call them, like the [i]TLM,[/i] simply "misinterpretations" then it would be preformed like and by robots, because no one's perfect. Most of the support for the [i]Missa Normativa,[/i] including my own, is for the spirituality and orthodoxy it supports, not for some fallen notion of perfection. True, it's an opening of heaven to Earth, but only to the gate, and only a faith-perceived participation therein. Otherwise we are poor sinners standing around so awesome a mystery."

It works just as seamlessly. That is why the Mass is the Mass, whether it be the Missa Normativa or the TLM.

MichaelFilo

While I disagree with cam, it's only because I disagree with the statement that Cam made it on. Anywho, to be human is to err, or something.

No, there are no abuses, in the sense that someone is out to abuse it. We have two good priests, and parishoners who'd shoot a priest if he played with the Mass (in fact, one time a man got up in the middle of the homily and yield at a visiting modernist priest; not neccessarily the most humble way to do it, but I sure would say, it's certainly helps to keep the flock aware of shepards out to take our faith and turn it into another one of the products of this age, which too shall pass).

God bless,
Mikey

[quote name='dspen2005' post='951364' date='Apr 17 2006, 08:23 PM']
BOOYAH!!!!!!! u getem CAM!!!!!

u ROCK, yo!!!
[/quote]

Anytime.....it is simply stating obvious.....