An Old School Catholic Message Board

For entertainment purposes only:

popestpiusx

toledo_jesus

people people...let's not forget that the lay people will follow the instructions of the bishop. Ultimately, yes they will. And the experimenter's will not live forever. Just tough it out, we're all young.

Guest JeffCR07

[quote name='kateri05' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:16 AM']and THAT is my diocese :sadder:  fellow Californians, don't take this as an attack on you!  take it for what it is!  a wake up call for the insane amounts of liturgical abuse and poor catechesis of our young people that happens here! :madrant:

people come from all over the COUTNRY for that monstrosity of a conference.  i am SO glad i didn't have to go this year.

while a bit of strectch, the Nazi picture is accurate in its suggestion of blind obedience to a shepherd leading his flock over a liturgical cliff.....

2 years ago, the preparation of the gifts dance (oh yea, the pics don't show that the liturgical dancing happens like 4 times during MAss) was EXPLICITYLY sexual with gyrations over the altar.  nice huh? :rolleyes:

this is conference for catechesis in the largest diocese in the United States.  Good thing He promised never to destroy the world with floods again, because Congress just seems to invite them.  LA Archdiocese really needs to just start from scratch.

:sadwalk:  back to my diocese.  May God have mercy on our souls....
[right][snapback]946182[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It calls to mind why Christ made a whip and drove people out of the Temple for making a mockery of His Father's house...

In all seriousness, the sooner that the liturgical nonsense affecting the Roman Rite ends the better, because as a Byzantine Catholic the liturgical turmoil presently occurring in some sections of the Latin Church makes it harder for me to reach out to the Eastern Orthodox, who happen to share with my particular Church (i.e., the Ruthenians) the same liturgical, spiritual, and doctrinal patrimony.

Sadly, in the end I am often reduced to having to make excuses for the continuing disintegration of the Roman liturgy, which is not helpful when one is trying to bring others to a recognition of the importance of the primacy of the Pope.

[quote name='Christie_M' date='Apr 12 2006, 07:16 PM'][color=blue] I know him. Good preist.

I'm actualy quite supprized that everyone here know's about Mahoney.
But I still don't think it's right to pick on the diocess of L.A. and Mahony. :unsure:  [/color]
[right][snapback]945650[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Please forgive my child, she knows not what she says. :sweat:

I'm pretty sure she was referring to Fr. Salazar, Auxiary Bishop for Long Beach. We used to go to his parish for a while and indeed he is a great speaker and was always very nice. I don't remember which picture he was in, but I saw him.

We usually avoid anything that has to do with Mahoney, so she never hears anything about him......hummmm...Chris....we need to talk.

She'll come back a changed person, you'll see.

NOOOOOOOO!

I can't do it, I can't, I can't open her innocent eyes and show here the truth!........she'll be happier this way, ignorance is a bliss, right?

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Apr 14 2006, 04:43 AM']He must be the one rapping the Good News.  I wonder if he's a priest?
[right][snapback]947080[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

actually i believe thats righteous b.

MilesChristi

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='Apr 14 2006, 05:49 PM']In all seriousness, the sooner that the liturgical nonsense affecting the Roman Rite ends the better, because as a Byzantine Catholic the liturgical turmoil presently occurring in some sections of the Latin Church makes it harder for me to reach out to the Eastern Orthodox, who happen to share with my particular Church (i.e., the Ruthenians) the same liturgical, spiritual, and doctrinal patrimony. 

Sadly, in the end I am often reduced to having to make excuses for the continuing disintegration of the Roman liturgy, which is not helpful when one is trying to bring others to a recognition of the importance of the primacy of the Pope.
[right][snapback]947338[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I share your prayer that this nonsense might soon end, and I understand the difficulties you face. If I were Orthodox, the state of the liturgy in many parts of the West would be a huge stumbling block to conversion. :(

[quote name='MC Just' date='Apr 15 2006, 12:57 AM']actually i believe thats righteous b.
[right][snapback]947535[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It looks like he was on the stage at time other then the Mass. :idontknow:

What a travesty.

toledo_jesus

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Apr 15 2006, 01:14 PM']It looks like he was on the stage at time other then the Mass.  :idontknow:
What a travesty.
[right][snapback]947822[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
oh, well I read their comments section from the website...someone made a comment about rapping the Gospels and I assume the worst.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Apr 14 2006, 03:53 AM']Everybody is standing so I guess if he is rapping one of the readings it would have to be the Gospel.  On the other hand, these people are so backwards they might sit for the Gospel.  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]947082[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

wait wait. as much as i hate congress, let me explain this. righteous B was PERFORMING during the opening or closign rally. mass is separate (i swear!), but they use the same space. so hes NOT rapping a reading. righteous b would never do that.

[quote name='kateri05' date='Apr 15 2006, 01:38 PM']wait wait.  as much as i hate congress, let me explain this.  righteous B was PERFORMING during the opening or closign rally.  mass is separate (i swear!), but they use the same space.  so hes NOT rapping a reading.  righteous b would never do that.
[right][snapback]948258[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That's good and refreshing to hear!.

Myles Domini

[quote name='Margarite' date='Apr 15 2006, 06:48 AM']Please forgive my child, she knows not what she says.  :sweat:

I'm pretty sure she was referring to Fr. Salazar, Auxiary Bishop for Long Beach. We used to go to his parish for a while and indeed he is a great speaker and was always very nice. I don't remember which picture he was in, but I saw him.

We usually avoid anything that has to do with Mahoney, so she never hears anything about him......hummmm...Chris....we need to talk.

She'll come back a changed person, you'll see.
NOOOOOOOO!

I can't do it, I can't, I can't open her innocent eyes and show here the truth!........she'll be happier this way, ignorance is a bliss, right?
[right][snapback]947534[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ignorance is never bliss.

[quote]Wisdom...be attentive!--Liturgy of St John Chrysostom[/quote]

toledo_jesus

[quote name='Myles' date='Apr 15 2006, 06:42 PM']Ignorance is never bliss.
[right][snapback]948467[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
sez yoo

JP2Iloveyou

Threads like these are why I don't post on Phatmass anymore. As bad as those abuses may have been, and I don't know since I wasn't there, some of you aren't doing much better! I simply cannot believe the audacity and arrogance that some so called "conservative", "traditional," and "orthodox" Catholics have! The fact of the matter is that our Church is hierarchical. That means that Cardinal Mahoney outranks all of us, unless anyone posting on this board happens to be a Cardinal or the Pope. Everyone who has criticized His Emminence on here is completely out of line. It must take a lot of nerve to go on an angry tirade on an internet message board about somebody. If you feel so strongly about it, why don't you take it up with him personally? If that doesn't work, take it up with CDW, but no one short of the Pope has the right to say some of the things I'm reading on here. You all may be right. Judging from the pictures, you probably are right, but that does not give you the right to publicly criticize a Prince of the Church. If the Vatican has a problem with this, let them deal with it. Perhaps they are, in private, as opposed to a public internet message board. So, before we go around criticizing others, especially a Cardinal, let us remember and take stock of the fact that it was the sin of pride that caused Lucifer to fall. Humility, humility, humility.

toledo_jesus

[quote name='JP2Iloveyou' date='Apr 17 2006, 02:22 AM']Threads like these are why I don't post on Phatmass anymore.  As bad as those abuses may have been, and I don't know since I wasn't there, some of you aren't doing much better!  I simply cannot believe the audacity and arrogance that some so called "conservative", "traditional," and "orthodox" Catholics have!  The fact of the matter is that our Church is hierarchical.  That means that Cardinal Mahoney outranks all of us, unless anyone posting on this board happens to be a Cardinal or the Pope.  Everyone who has criticized His Emminence on here is completely out of line.  It must take a lot of nerve to go on an angry tirade on an internet message board about somebody.  If you feel so strongly about it, why don't you take it up with him personally?  If that doesn't work, take it up with CDW, but no one short of the Pope has the right to say some of the things I'm reading on here.  You all may be right.  Judging from the pictures, you probably are right, but that does not give you the right to publicly criticize a Prince of the Church.  If the Vatican has a problem with this, let them deal with it.  Perhaps they are, in private, as opposed to a public internet message board.  So, before we go around criticizing others, especially a Cardinal, let us remember and take stock of the fact that it was the sin of pride that caused Lucifer to fall.  Humility, humility, humility.
[right][snapback]950364[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That attitude is sort of why priests who fooled around were able to get away with it. No offense, but they are somewhat accountable to us despite their position of leadership.
Here's the main problem with your statement. Precedent has been set with the Cardinal, he does not respond to questions about things like this with a dialogue. There is no option here. Don't you think the Vatican is well aware of what's going on? How many hundreds have written letters? The Cardinal is a Prince of the Church, you can't just demote him. He might be transferred, but then he might spread his damaging views to another place. Who really knows? Further, the collegiality of the Church is such that the pope may be entirely unwilling to tell this bishop how to run his own diocese.

It's not a sin to expect Catholicism from our leaders and to use our educated minds to point out when they flagrantly disgregard norms and legitimate practice.

His position came with some built-in respect, and things like this lessen it.